End Server Transfers

Malavian.4695

@XenesisII.1540 said:Lack of imagination, pretty funny considering the people who can't wrap their heads about the alliance system and what it will do.

They currently don't have a system in place for auto transfers to boot anyone to another server to reset population or if they afk for months, it's done per request from a player. Yes you can create a new side server and dump everyone there and they will also have to develop the system for this, it's the logical answer to just booting a person, but I wanted to see what Sovereign had in mind because his statement could also be taken as booting everyone off all the servers to reset them too. I've asked him 5 times he still hasn't clearly stated what he wants other than follow diablo seasons which uses a different system of server and population altogether.

It's also not a simple fix that will fix everything about having a server as your team, this isn't going to magically balance populations, it isn't going to help with bandwagons, and booting people also runs into unwillingly separating players from their guilds and friends, something people also complain about. Nothing wrong with throwing out ideas? nothing wrong asking questions about them either, and if you can't answer the question then why should we or even the devs take it seriously?

They are already creating a new system to handle everything everyone is complaining about, maybe you guys need to use your imagination as well and and understand what it is going to accomplish instead of trying to offer 100 other minor ways to fix the problems which won't really fix the problems.

I can wrap my head around the alliance system if I can remember what it is! How long has it been since the announcement, almost two years? People bring up other issues because this proposed alliance has no signs of release or completion. People are still in the dark about this as of current days, that's why there's all this speculation.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@XenesisII.1540 said:Lack of imagination, pretty funny considering the people who can't wrap their heads about the alliance system and what it will do.

They currently don't have a system in place for auto transfers to boot anyone to another server to reset population or if they afk for months, it's done per request from a player. Yes you can create a new side server and dump everyone there and they will also have to develop the system for this, it's the logical answer to just booting a person, but I wanted to see what Sovereign had in mind because his statement could also be taken as booting everyone off all the servers to reset them too. I've asked him 5 times he still hasn't clearly stated what he wants other than follow diablo seasons which uses a different system of server and population altogether.

It's also not a simple fix that will fix everything about having a server as your team, this isn't going to magically balance populations, it isn't going to help with bandwagons, and booting people also runs into unwillingly separating players from their guilds and friends, something people also complain about. Nothing wrong with throwing out ideas? nothing wrong asking questions about them either, and if you can't answer the question then why should we or even the devs take it seriously?

They are already creating a new system to handle everything everyone is complaining about, maybe you guys need to use your imagination as well and and understand what it is going to accomplish instead of trying to offer 100 other minor ways to fix the problems which won't really fix the problems.

I don’t think anyone here doubts that the proposed alliance system will be an update that’s sorely needed. But there are obviously complications in implementing it, otherwise it wouldn’t still be in development after two years. Why are you shilling the alliance system so hard anyway? If it’s still another year or two out, if it ever comes at all, then we might as well put some more pragmatic solutions in place before the alliance system is released to 10 people.

I also don’t get the point in grilling someone on some random specifics of an off handed idea. Do you want a fucking flow chart or a pitch presentation or something?

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

Off servers to where?Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?You're booting account off the servers to where?Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

So, where are you booting people off to?There is no normal and season mode for wvw.What happens when they come back to play?

i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

doesn't answer my question :/Booted to where, transfer from where?Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

Might need the brick wall one instead.It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

prBhsnh.jpg

i already did. when u make a toon, you are on the world to choose. that can simply be done every 2 months. kick all off. they then choose again.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

Off servers to where?Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?You're booting account off the servers to where?Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

So, where are you booting people off to?There is no normal and season mode for wvw.What happens when they come back to play?

i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

doesn't answer my question :/Booted to where, transfer from where?Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

Might need the brick wall one instead.It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

prBhsnh.jpg

i already did. when u make a toon, you are on the world to choose. that can simply be done every 2 months. kick all off. they then choose again.

prBhsnh.jpg

Heh.. what a cluster that would be. Can you imagine the hate from all the PvE players who need to keep choosing something they don’t understand?

Yep.. that’ll work well...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

prBhsnh.jpg

prBhsnh.jpg

Heh.. what a cluster that would be. Can you imagine the hate from all the PvE players who need to keep choosing something they don’t understand?

Yep.. that’ll work well...

i bet it would work if they would take 1 minute to read the patch notes. or if devs would go live and explain it. only the lazy would consider it a cluster for how simple the idea is. but probably most ppl are

How will alliances handle moving players? It is the basic system they have to change otherwise alliances will fix exactly nothing at all. I think it would be a good idea to remove players from wvw if they don't play for 2 weeks for example or drop under a certain treshold of played hours because the system needs no players which are not playing the game. If one comes back, choose a new side to play for or if lucky, the old one is still available. So the could maybe fix the current problem with servers set 'full' but starving @ t5/t4 bcz of missing manpower... obviously there is something wrong with their maths but who cares.. it's just wvw O.o

@primatos.5413 said:How will alliances handle moving players? It is the basic system they have to change otherwise alliances will fix exactly nothing at all. I think it would be a good idea to remove players from wvw if they don't play for 2 weeks for example or drop under a certain treshold of played hours because the system needs no players which are not playing the game. If one comes back, choose a new side to play for or if lucky, the old one is still available. So the could maybe fix the current problem with servers set 'full' but starving @ t5/t4 bcz of missing manpower... obviously there is something wrong with their maths but who cares.. it's just wvw O.oNobody knows for sure - or if it ever happens - but the idea was to let players choose new guilds/alliances weeks 1-7 (but it wont take effect), then week 8 its on lockdown and after the reshuffle you will have "transfered" to your new guild/alliance.

But the dev also mentioned manual transfers may also be on top of this. The core idea was that transfers would no longer be needed, it would be merged with the alliance system itself.

The "starving T4" would not exist as it would always get "new" players every 2 months. In fact tiers would only exist in a 2 month bubble at a time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.Quite the opposite, it most definetly need designated servers and you dont have to join a guild at all.

The entire point of the alliance system would be a seamless backend that
create
the server every 2 month by using the entire pool of players, putting guilds and alliances together and randomly dumping the ones that are not in a guild/alliance. From a user perspective, it would look exactly like it does now - you're on a designated server and that server fight against other servers.

Yep, this is why I'm not so hot on Alliances - Project Horseshoe claims that players only have 50 friends...
I think that although there's a truth in it, there will be problems in that with 500 nodding acquaintances, you're going to fill a guild - and an alliance. Apparently the devs want the caps to be the same >< ... the way I see it (we can only guess), this would result in tiny "Worlds", where most of the time we're looking at PvD.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.Quite the opposite, it most definetly need designated servers and you dont have to join a guild at all.

The entire point of the alliance system would be a seamless backend that
create
the server every 2 month by using the entire pool of players, putting guilds and alliances together and randomly dumping the ones that are not in a guild/alliance. From a user perspective, it would look exactly like it does now - you're on a designated server and that server fight against other servers.

Yep, this is why I'm not so hot on Alliances - Project Horseshoe claims that players only have 50 friends...
I think that although there's a truth in it, there will be problems in that with 500 nodding acquaintances, you're going to fill a guild - and an alliance. Apparently the devs want the caps to be the same >< ... the way I see it (we can only guess), this would result in tiny "Worlds", where most of the time we're looking at PvD.But what is the problem? You wouldnt get "tiny worlds". You dont just magically evaporate players.

Think of WvW worlds today as... a bunch of buckets with water in them. Some are full, others less so. Alliances is just taking all those buckets, dumping the contents into a reservoir, then dividing that reservoir more evenly among the buckets again. And you'd do it again every 2 months, so it doesnt matter if a bucket is leaking.

Also in case you missed it, there would be multiple alliances per world. They are player created. There could be 50 tiny alliances on a single world. Or there could be 2 alliances with even more players than those 50 together. Who knows. Its just another way to organize.