What off-meta builds are underrated?

Dahkeus.8243

@otto.5684 said:Thief is the only class that have some flexibility. Most other classes are locked into meta builds. If you are on the higher spectrum of skill level, you can take any synergistic build to P2. That is as far as viability goes. To go higher you either in the top 0.5% skill wise, get really lucky or heavily manipulate the match making.

I have been playing DH lately. The gap between it and meta has decreased drastically since the beginning of the year. But still significant enough to render you inefficient in really difficult games.

Uh, no. Decent players are going to tear you a new one on DH. It's almost completely unable to duel anyone.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@otto.5684 said:Thief is the only class that have some flexibility. Most other classes are locked into meta builds. If you are on the higher spectrum of skill level, you can take any synergistic build to P2. That is as far as viability goes. To go higher you either in the top 0.5% skill wise, get really lucky or heavily manipulate the match making.

I have been playing DH lately. The gap between it and meta has decreased drastically since the beginning of the year. But still significant enough to render you inefficient in really difficult games.

Uh, no. Decent players are going to tear you a new one on DH. It's almost completely unable to duel anyone.

It surely is not the strongest solo. But your info is a bit outdated. Most meta builds got significantly hammered since the beginning of this year. As balance currently stands, it has edge over most melee power bruiser builds. It also holds well against fire weaver, dps FB and condi mirage. It loses solo mostly against builds with strong range options. Ranger, Holo with rifle and DE.

The reason why it does not perform well cuz it is lacking in team fights. Contrary to the believe, you the traps do not work well in team fights (and if you run any traps beside heal and ToF you are a free kill). It does not have the mobility to jump on side nodes, even though it does well in small scale battles (2v2 or +1). You do not fit in any role well. Also, if the spear and LB3 do not consistently hit, you will have serious issues. And they do not hit reliably, no matter how skilled you are. I had games were I was walking on water and other were I cannot hit shit.

Anyway, if next patch does target boon application, duration and RiP, this will hit Holo, FB, ranger and ele the hardest. DH is not likely to be a hit at all. Some slight buffs and it will get there.

@otto.5684 said:

It surely is not the strongest solo. But your info is a bit outdated. As balance currently stands, it has edge over most melee power bruiser builds. It also holds well against fire weaver, dps FB and condi mirage. It loses solo mostly against builds with strong range options. Ranger, Holo with rifle and DE.

The reason why it does not perform well cuz it is lacking in team fights. Contrary to the believe, you the traps do not work well in team fights (and if you run any traps beside heal and ToF you are a free kill). It does not have the mobility to jump on side nodes, even though it does well in small scale battles (2v2 or +1). You do not fit in any role well. Also, if the spear and LB3 do not consistently hit, you will have serious issues. And they do not hit reliabily, no matter how skilled you are. I had games were I was walking on water and other were I cannot hit kitten.

Anyway, if next patch does target boon application, duration and RiP, this will hit Holo, FB, ranger and ele the hardest. DH is not likely to be a hit at all. Some slight buffs and it will get there.

I'm finding it very effective myself aside from the reasons you mentioned like team fights. Personally I don't have issues with ranged professions though. I'll pop shield of courage and pressure them without taking damage and once it's about to expire and they are missing like 15-20% health I JI in. What gives me trouble is a decent warrior and spell breaker in particular because they can proc their FC on my traps. The unblockalbe knockdown can screw them but if they apply constant pressure and stuns and stick to me I'm in trouble.

@WilnerGW.3275 said:

@bighead.3465 said:Inf evasion life leech condi ranger. Unblockable dmg, dmg for every attack dodged. Beats every single build including its mirror.

Could you describe this build pls?

@Dahkeus.8243 @bhaldor.9837

Im releasing a short guide video quite soon on my infinite evasion theory. All of my threads get deleted due to the infamy that follows

@otto.5684 said:

It surely is not the strongest solo. But your info is a bit outdated. Most meta builds got significantly hammered since the beginning of this year. As balance currently stands, it has edge over most melee power bruiser builds. It also holds well against fire weaver, dps FB and condi mirage. It loses solo mostly against builds with strong range options. Ranger, Holo with rifle and DE.

The reason why it does not perform well cuz it is lacking in team fights. Contrary to the believe, you the traps do not work well in team fights (and if you run any traps beside heal and ToF you are a free kill). It does not have the mobility to jump on side nodes, even though it does well in small scale battles (2v2 or +1). You do not fit in any role well. Also, if the spear and LB3 do not consistently hit, you will have serious issues. And they do not hit reliably, no matter how skilled you are. I had games were I was walking on water and other were I cannot hit kitten.

Eh, contrary to what you're saying, I'd say DH works rather well in teamfights (and +1's) due to their utility. The proc'd slow from traps and the ability to 'bounce' people via shield 5 and LB 3 and 5 are what makes DH stay at least somewhat relevant to this day. But since eles and FB spam stability and evades or blocks, this is largely a non-factor nowadays.

In a selfish unranked game, though, you're able to 'get a freebie pass'.