Another Kall's bug

Eugchriss.2046

Hey,I found a bug with Icerazor's ire. First the vid:hereNo where in the skill description it s written that this specific skill a projectile. Plus it doesn t interact with any combo field. The easiest one to test is with soulcleave summit. Since projectile + fire field = burn, we should expect 20 stack of burn. But no there is nothing.

So if it's a projectile, make it interact with combo fields. If not make sure it doesn t get reflected because right now it's a kind of some fucked up mix.Thanks.(Since it took like 18 months (or more) for soulcleave summit to get fixed, can we have this bug fixed for 2021 at least, please?)

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:This isn’t a bug; not all projectiles are combo finishers.

sources pleases

I mean you can look this stuff up on the wiki super easily.

Frigid blitz is a projectile that isn’t a combo finisher. So is Dragons Claw and a bunch of others.

Also not all projectile combo finishers are 100% guaranteed (many are 20% chance for example) so the whole “we need our 20 burn stacks” isn’t even accurate since even if it was a projectile finisher it wouldn’t necessarily have the guaranteed 100% success rate

I couldn't test Frigid blitz but I did with Dragon's claw and it's the same thing as Icerazor'ire. So yes, not all projectiles are combo finishers. Now the question is: was that intended? Can a skill be reflected like projectiles but can t be used as projectiles finishers Ok? For me, it's not. I don't find it fair to only have the drawbacks of projectiles' concept without having their advantages.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:This isn’t a bug; not all projectiles are combo finishers.

sources pleases

Also not all projectile combo finishers are 100% guaranteed (many are 20% chance for example) so the whole “we need our 20 burn stacks” isn’t even accurate since even if it was a projectile finisher it wouldn’t necessarily have the guaranteed 100% success rateOfc, I tried to keep it simple so I assumed that like most projectiles finisher it has 100% sucess rate. I also assumed that the enemy had fully been hit by Icerazor's Ire aka 20 hits.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:I couldn't test Frigid blitz but I did with Dragon's claw and it's the same thing as Icerazor'ire. So yes, not all projectiles are combo finishers. Now the question is: was that intended? Can a skill be reflected like projectiles but can t be used as projectiles finishers Ok? For me, it's not. I don't find it fair to only have the drawbacks of projectiles' concept without having their advantages.

sources pleases

Also not all projectile combo finishers are 100% guaranteed (many are 20% chance for example) so the whole “we need our 20 burn stacks” isn’t even accurate since even if it was a projectile finisher it wouldn’t necessarily have the guaranteed 100% success rateOfc, I tried to keep it simple so I assumed that like most projectiles finisher it has 100% sucess rate. I also assumed that the enemy had fully been hit by Icerazor's Ire aka 20 hits.

Yes, this is intended behavior on all of the projectiles that don’t have projectile finishers. Most of these projectiles that do not have finishers attached have been in the game since beta. Seems to be a design choice for some projectiles otherwise it would have (theoretically) gotten fixed within the past 7 years.

Also The multi hit projectiles that have finishers tend to be 20% rate.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:I don't find it fair to only have the drawbacks of projectiles' concept without having their advantages.

Except the inherent advantage of being ranged... And in the case of Ice Razor, being a cast and forget dps skill. (Although I suppose you could smack down that argument by pointing out the 20% finisher chance that Rifle Turret gets.)

I think they tend to balance combo finishers around a skill's strength tho... And Icrazor has a 6.0 (!!!!!!!!!!) power scaling coefficient, which is just.... Insanely high.