Soulbeast is quite OP ( wvw balance )

bigo.9037

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Revolution.5409 said:Personally I am not understanding this post, if for you playing with ranger has become too easy, you should change profession and see if you can get the same results with other professions, do not come and ask for nerfs on the ranger forum.Nerf my profession because I'm too strong, it's a joke right? Lol :)

I think its more of that he sees the writing on the wall and would rather have a constructive forum post that the devs can be influenced by in order to stave off a massive nerf (see Rampage) and instead get small number tweaks.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:Personally I am not understanding this post, if for you playing with ranger has become too easy, you should change profession and see if you can get the same results with other professions, do not come and ask for nerfs on the ranger forum.Nerf my profession because I'm too strong, it's a joke right? Lol :)

I think its more of that he sees the writing on the wall and would rather have a constructive forum post that the devs can be influenced by in order to stave off a massive nerf (see Rampage) and instead get small number tweaks.

But it was almost time for Anet to start treating other professions after Ranger, Mesmer and Necromancer.

All that made OP Boonbeast and Sniper Ranger got reworked or was removed. Ranger has been replaced by Spb, Weavers and Holos :)

This from a PvP point of view, in WvW we cannot talk about balancing XD

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Writing on the wall? No, soulbeast has gone under the radar in wvw Balance forever. Since 2017 it has been nothing but slight changes and buffs while other specs got nerfed. Even the latest gs change is annoying but it doesn't change anything in smallscale wvw fights except for crippling throw being removed.

It takes away the fun and.. feeling of playing when my favorite class/spec is so OP. If it was more on par with other specs you wouldn't feel like you got carried by build as much.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"Revolution.5409" said:Personally I am not understanding this post, if for you playing with ranger has become too easy, you should change profession and see if you can get the same results with other professions, do not come and ask for nerfs on the ranger forum.Nerf my profession because I'm too strong, it's a joke right? Lol :)

Writing on the wall? No, soulbeast has gone under the radar in wvw Balance forever. Since 2017 it has been nothing but slight changes and buffs while other specs got nerfed. Even the latest gs change is annoying but it doesn't change anything in smallscale wvw fights except for crippling throw being removed.

It takes away the fun and.. feeling of playing when my favorite class/spec is so OP. If it was more on par with other specs you wouldn't feel like you got carried by build as much.

"Slight changes"

October 01, 2019

Long Range Shot: Reduced the minimum damage of this skill by 14% and the maximum damage by 11% in WvW only.July 16, 2019

Sic 'Em: Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW onlyJuly 16, 2019

Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boonOctober 01, 2019

Enduring Swing: This skill no longer evades for its duration. Its name has been changed to Enduring Swing. This skill now grants 15 endurance if it hits.

Other skills have been changed only for Pvp and not for WvW, but this applies to all professions not only for Rangers.

@Revolution.5409 said:

"Slight changes"

October 01, 2019

Long Range Shot: Reduced the minimum damage of this skill by 14% and the maximum damage by 11% in WvW only.July 16, 2019Sic 'Em: Reduced the bonus damage applied to a merged soulbeast from 40% to 25% in PvP and WvW onlyJuly 16, 2019Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boonOctober 01, 2019

Enduring Swing: This skill no longer evades for its duration. Its name has been changed to Enduring Swing. This skill now grants 15 endurance if it hits.

Other skills have been changed only for Pvp and not for WvW, but this applies to all professions not only for Rangers.

Sicem was a broken meme build, not actually that strong in a proper 1v1. Also it was even weaker 2v2 or 3v3 cus you would always get focused first and were useless cus so squishy you had to kite 90% of the time. Unblockable gone, fine, but other traits in that line are all really good too. Enduring swing yea slight nerf but nothing more. Lb dmg only applies to AA, which is not used much in a 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3. Unless you're tower camping. So I disagree with your point. These "nerfs" hardly change anything except for GS aa chain and crippling throw removal.

@"bigo.9037" said:Sicem was a broken meme build, not actually that strong in a proper 1v1. Also it was even weaker 2v2 or 3v3 cus you would always get focused first and were useless cus so squishy you had to kite 90% of the time. Unblockable gone, fine, but other traits in that line are all really good too. Enduring swing yea slight nerf but nothing more. Lb dmg only applies to AA, which is not used much in a 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3. Unless you're tower camping. So I disagree with your point. These "nerfs" hardly change anything except for GS aa chain and crippling throw removal.

This is to tell you that the profession has received important nerfs.

In fact it was not a dueling build if equipped in full berserker. The fact that you didn't like how it was played doesn't make it any less strong. xD

Each trait of every profession should be "good".

1 evasion replaced with 15 endurance is a heavy nerf.However even the sword was nerfed, now it has less mobility and higher cds, only the ax has not received any modifications.

LB is not only AA, Hunter's Shot and Point Blank Shot are also useful in duels and Rapid Fire does not need to force 1500 points to do good damage.

For small-scale fights I suggest you try a warrior or a Holo after you feel even better. :)

@Revolution.5409 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:Sicem was a broken meme build, not actually that strong in a proper 1v1. Also it was even weaker 2v2 or 3v3 cus you would always get focused first and were useless cus so squishy you had to kite 90% of the time. Unblockable gone, fine, but other traits in that line are all really good too. Enduring swing yea slight nerf but nothing more. Lb dmg only applies to AA, which is not used much in a 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3. Unless you're tower camping. So I disagree with your point. These "nerfs" hardly change anything except for GS aa chain and crippling throw removal.

In fact it was not a dueling build if equipped in full berserker. The fact that you didn't like how it was played doesn't make it any less strong. xD

1 evasion replaced with 15 endurance is a heavy nerf.However even the sword was nerfed, now it has less mobility and higher cds, only the ax has not received any modifications.

LB is not only AA, Hunter's Shot and Point Blank Shot are also useful in duels and Rapid Fire does not need to force 1500 points to do good damage.

For small-scale fights I suggest you try a warrior or a Holo after you feel even better. :)

I still disagree. GS auto nerf was not a huge deal. Zerk sicem ranger was never a strong 1vX etc. build. It's a 1shot gimmick and still is. And what is your point about lb #3 and #4? You mentioned AA nerf and I said that it literally doesn't matter cus you're not gonna deal any significant dmg on LB Aa anyway? Unless you're running a gimmick build but then my point still stands.

@bigo.9037 said:

@bigo.9037 said:Sicem was a broken meme build, not actually that strong in a proper 1v1. Also it was even weaker 2v2 or 3v3 cus you would always get focused first and were useless cus so squishy you had to kite 90% of the time. Unblockable gone, fine, but other traits in that line are all really good too. Enduring swing yea slight nerf but nothing more. Lb dmg only applies to AA, which is not used much in a 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3. Unless you're tower camping. So I disagree with your point. These "nerfs" hardly change anything except for GS aa chain and crippling throw removal.

I still disagree. GS auto nerf was not a huge deal. Zerk sicem ranger was never a strong 1vX etc. build. It's a 1shot gimmick and still is. And what is your point about lb #3 and #4? You mentioned AA nerf and I said that it literally doesn't matter cus you're not gonna deal any significant dmg on LB Aa anyway? Unless you're running a gimmick build but then my point still stands.

To dodge, you need 50 endurance. Before we had 1 evasion every AA closure, now we get 15 endurance, but if this is not a big nerf I don't actually know what can be called a big nerf.

As I wrote in my previous post in team fights it was not necessary to use the build with a Berserker equipment it was possible to adapt it using different equipment, I am sorry that you have not had the chance to try it.

Certainly, however, without unlockable attacks in small team fights, the build is now almost unusable, given that every organized team will certainly have an FB.This build is now relegated to one shot pugs.

You wrote in a previous post that LB's damage only applies to AA, I pointed out that this is not the case, every bow skill has its uses and these skills are also good for dueling. There are also many videos of dueling rangers who use LB / GS and not Ax / Ax you should take a look. You should try Warrior, Holos or even the bunker weaver build or the old condition mirage which in WvW has no limit to understand what OP really is because, the fact that you are a good player and that you believe Slb is strong does not mean that this profession must be nerfed, and this is not a valid point.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@bigo.9037 said:Sicem was a broken meme build, not actually that strong in a proper 1v1. Also it was even weaker 2v2 or 3v3 cus you would always get focused first and were useless cus so squishy you had to kite 90% of the time. Unblockable gone, fine, but other traits in that line are all really good too. Enduring swing yea slight nerf but nothing more. Lb dmg only applies to AA, which is not used much in a 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3. Unless you're tower camping. So I disagree with your point. These "nerfs" hardly change anything except for GS aa chain and crippling throw removal.

To dodge, you need 50 endurance. Before we had 1 evasion every AA closure, now we get 15 endurance, but if this is not a big nerf I don't actually know what can be called a big nerf.

As I wrote in my previous post in team fights it was not necessary to use the build with a Berserker equipment it was possible to adapt it using different equipment, I am sorry that you have not had the chance to try it.

Certainly, however, without unlockable attacks in small team fights, the build is now almost unusable, given that every organized team will certainly have an FB.This build is now relegated to one shot pugs.

You wrote in a previous post that LB's damage only applies to AA, I pointed out that this is not the case, every bow skill has its uses and these skills are also good for dueling. There are also many videos of dueling rangers who use LB / GS and not Ax / Ax you should take a look. You should try Warrior, Holos or even the bunker weaver build or the old condition mirage which in WvW has no limit to understand what OP really is because, the fact that you are a good player and that you believe Slb is strong does not mean that this profession must be nerfed, and this is not a valid point.

I think you got the wrong idea. I also use LB, but the nerf to LB dmg only applies to the AA chain, not RF, hunters and point blank shot. The dmg on those skills is still the same. Only LB AA got nerfed, and longbow AA nerf only nerfed sicem 1shot rangers. I personally haven't seen any roaming groups running around with FB, that seems kinda lame. Support in a 3 man party?

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:just yesterday: rapidfire, over 2k hits, per hit, followed by a 16k maul.

Soulbeast is not OP. IT IS BROKEN. Rangers need to be hit with a double nerf hammer: half their damage and reduce their range.

Personally, i don't know about doing that.

Rapid fire is avoidable by hiding behind a pillar or an object and aegis and magnetic aura counter it.

rapid-fire hits like what 5-6 times? that's maybe 10-12k and if it misses after a few of those hits you don't hit for full damage, and it does have a cd so i disagree.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:just yesterday: rapidfire, over 2k hits, per hit, followed by a 16k maul.

Soulbeast is not OP. IT IS BROKEN. Rangers need to be hit with a double nerf hammer: half their damage and reduce their range.

Rapid fire is avoidable by hiding behind a pillar or an object and aegis and magnetic aura counter it.

rapid-fire hits like what 5-6 times? that's maybe 10-12k and if it misses after a few of those hits you don't hit for full damage, and it does have a cd so i disagree.

It hits 10 times but yea I guess. Cd 8 sec on RF

@Revolution.5409 said:

But it was almost time for Anet to start treating other professions after Ranger, Mesmer and Necromancer.

All that made OP Boonbeast and Sniper Ranger got reworked or was removed. Ranger has been replaced by Spb, Weavers and Holos :)

Necros atm are not the strongest class, and have far less sustain dmg and mobility compared to rangers thieves revs or guards.

Before we get hit everyone else needs to be taken down to our level before they decide what to do.

As for mes: I dunno man Pu mes? maybe > @bigo.9037 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

It hits 10 times but yea I guess. Cd 8 secs

At least rangers aren't going invis ccing you and one shot, like Pu mes or thief, and its out in the open and you actually see them and can avoid them and cast aegis or somethin.

@Axl.8924 said:

Necros atm are not the strongest class, and have far less sustain dmg and mobility compared to rangers thieves revs or guards.

Before we get hit everyone else needs to be taken down to our level before they decide what to do.

Necro is Meta in all game modes, cannot be defined as weak.

Power Reaper has high damage, only Executioner's Scythe is able to oneshot a thief. I am using Power Scourge in WvW zergs the damage is not very high but it is the same good.For the rest I would like to say, Necro has different characteristics from a ranger to a guardian and from the rest of the professions .. if necros want different characteristics from the current ones, just ask for a reworking of the current skills, for example less aoe damage and more mobility .. so we are all happy. :)

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

At least rangers aren't going invis ccing you and one shot, like Pu mes or thief, and its out in the open and you actually see them and can avoid them and cast aegis or somethin.

But rangers(slb) have a certain amount of stealth, 50+% quickness uptime, 25 might most of the time, nearly permanent stability. High alacrity uptime, resistance, permanent protection, fury etc. Not to mention dmg immunity.

So unless you're running a lot of boon corrupt and ranger is already fighting outnumbered, slb is still superior imo.Mes and thief are able to run away better than rangers that's true.

@bigo.9037 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

But rangers(slb) have a certain amount of stealth, 50+% quickness uptime, 25 might most of the time, nearly permanent stability. High alacrity uptime, resistance, permanent protection, fury etc. Not to mention dmg immunity.

So unless you're running a lot of boon corrupt and ranger is already fighting outnumbered, slb is still superior imo.Mes and thief are able to run away better than rangers that's true.

Busted , I bet you dont play ranger, got no resistance and no alacrity , play it and se "how op it is" are you a necro main ?

@Sansar.1302 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Busted , I bet you dont play ranger, got no resistance and no alacrity , play it and se "how op it is" are you a necro main ?

No, I main ranger. Why do you think I made this post?

@bigo.9037 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Where is your post complaining about all professions? I’d like to read that and your suggestions!

Also, do we balance professions for your wvw duels going forward? If that’s the plan, then there are a whole lot of things we need to buff on professions!

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Where is your post complaining about all professions? I’d like to read that and your suggestions!

Also, do we balance professions for your wvw duels going forward? If that’s the plan, then there are a whole lot of things we need to buff on professions!

Omg dude calm down. Who are you to decide I can't call out my main class without calling out all other classes?I Already said other classes ALSO need nerfs, but SOME people still believe soulbeast is a weak class and needs buffs, which is crazy to me. Yes! Other classes need nerfs. I'm not gonna go into specifics here tho, because this is a RANGER THREAD. how are you not getting this?

Also, i accept soulbeast / core ranger's role as a roamer / smallscale fighter rather than a blob fighter. That's what I like about it. Not every class needs a build for every game mode. If they can fill 2/4 of reasonable roles ( pve, pvp, wvw-blob, wvw-roam ) then that's fine, imo. Trying to balance every class to have a role in every game mode is impossible. Ranger has pvp and wvw-roam covered, and I'm ok with that. My ele/tempest can work in different modes, so i swap to it when I get in a group and don't already have a support.

AND MY POINT IS.. Soulbeast is OVER-performing in wvw-roam / duels. doesn't necessarily need drastic nerfs, but here's what I would do:

Increase WHAO cooldown to a base of 22 or 24 sec so it's 18 sec whilst traited, Reduce healing by 20%.Decrease boons from plasma to basic boons like protection, quickness fury, might aegis swiftness.Increase cooldown of dolyak stance to 40s.Moastance gives 50% boon duration, protection duration it applies is reduced by 20% (edit wrong number)

Not saying that's enough , but a step in right direction. Maybe slightly less, perhaps. But it's a decent take imo.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Necro is Meta in all game modes, cannot be defined as weak.

Power Reaper has high damage, only Executioner's Scythe is able to oneshot a thief. I am using Power Scourge in WvW zergs the damage is not very high but it is the same good.For the rest I would like to say, Necro has different characteristics from a ranger to a guardian and from the rest of the professions .. if necros want different characteristics from the current ones, just ask for a reworking of the current skills, for example less aoe damage and more mobility .. so we are all happy. :)

Not as much so necro is still doing less damage in PVE than other classes and our sustain is to say the least lackluster compared to other classes.

Every class has their issues necros have theirs as they tend to be free food for other classes once outside shroud because you get focused down.

But im sure you don-t care bout that because we are on ranger forums and we should be talking about rangers and its elites not other specs.

@Axl.8924 said:

Not as much so necro is still doing less damage in PVE than other classes and our sustain is to say the least lackluster compared to other classes.

Every class has their issues necros have theirs as they tend to be free food for other classes once outside shroud because you get focused down.

But im sure you don-t care bout that because we are on ranger forums and we should be talking about rangers and its elites not other specs.

Yes this is partly true, the necro profession is built to work together with the shroud, like Ranger with the pet and Thief with invisibility .. I wouldn't mind seeing a necro that doesn't depend so much on the shroud.