Crashes after Wintersday Update

On Mac OS X 10.14.6

After Wintersday updated, I am unable to play the game without crashing in a few seconds after loading into the game. I can move around for roughly 5 seconds then "a serious error has occurred" window pops up.

I tried repairing game data and that crashes as well with the same error.

I even reinstalled the game, same crash.

I'm in Mount Maelstrom. I know someone else here was crashing out in Divinity’s Reach.

Error message attached:

https://imgur.com/Ok1CrZ7

Same problem here. Since Wintersday update I crash regularly and for no obvious reasons. Sometimes the game runs for 30 minutes before the next crash, and then again I am unable to even log in. Running on Mac version Mojave 10.14.6 and everything was running smooth before the Wintersday update.

sorry for double post but i just somehow fix mineso here's what i dosince turning off firewall &anti vir won't fix it so i just start to delete all guild wars 2 related folder including the on in appdata and even the one in quick access / recentand somehow the launcher works again

I've been having the same problems. Since the error messages in the log mentioned missing textures I changed my texture, shader and character model settings from high to medium and just made it through the first POF chapter. I couldn't get through the first fight without a crash before. Don't know if they patched it, changing the textures got around the problem or I just got very lucky, but if you are still having issues try changing those settings.

I'm having a hard time with the fact that tech support wants all of us to 'do these steps'. It's only been since Wintersday patch, so it's not like it's an ongoing issue. And seeing the number of replies here, it's obvious it's not our equipment. This is so frustrating. I crashed three times today trying to do the bounty, then another six trying to get my human quest story moving for Monday's key.

How bad is it? I actually started playing SIMS 4 for something to do.

(Also Mac OS X 10.14.6) I've been experiencing the same issues since 17 December as well – at first it would crash with no warning at random times, giving me the 'serious error' message. I've been in contact with support since the day after, and it's only gotten worse since. I've tried everything they suggested, rather oddly unrelated to the actual problem, which is the Wintersday download. Even deleted all GW2 files and app and reinstalled – now it crashes immediately upon opening, whether that's during the Divinity's Reach loading page or after approximately 3 seconds in Amnoon. The core reason for this crash is pretty obvious, considering I've never had anything like this before Wintersday, and the crashes started right after. It's pretty unhelpful to have the support team respond around once per day with the most basic things that have already been checked and double checked. The game is 100% unplayable now, and all I want at this point is an estimate on when there will be a fix available...

Yep, I'm having the same exact issue on my Mac (with most recent software updates) although I can't tell if it's from the Wintersday event given I literally just came back to the game yesterday from 4 month long hiatus. At first the crashes were happening every 20-30 minutes or so but now it just crashes at the load screen. Tried everything to get it working, no luck...

Im having that same problem.. Since Wintersday patch. my ping has been up to 4,000 (which IN 6 + years playing this game) NEVER happened. Ive also got the Your firewall error going to Character Screen pops up. No Firewall, Nothing happening in the background, it was the New Patch that is killing all of us. Hopefully When Wintersday ends all this Error, and high ping will end

• 3 weeks later...

Today I had two crashes.Once in PvP RIGHT when the enemy team had their last tick for the win.Another shortly before reaching the end of the Loreclaw Expanse Jump Puzzle (which also is a daily).

I wonder if the recent crashes are related to the daily/achievement system.I'm using Windows 10, not a Mac.