Remove reveal from Marked

ComeAndGetThem.3152

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:Um... what? If you keep re-applying stealth every "less than 2 seconds", you don't get revealed by a "revealed if stealthed for over 2 seconds" debuff? Sounds like you're wrong.

not really, its a well known bug, if done right

it should be "not able to stealth" while being marked

No, it shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with stealth itself, what's wrong is perma stealth (or anything near that) and that's exactly what's targeted here.

also, if i hit someone with an one-use marker and he just turns invisible, why do i bother using such marker(-traps) for those? they dont really have an use then

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Um... what? If you keep re-applying stealth every "less than 2 seconds", you don't get revealed by a "revealed if stealthed for over 2 seconds" debuff? Sounds like you're wrong.

Even if that's true, then all it means is that it should get fixed, not that it should be changed to "not being able to use stealth", as it's obviously not intended.

No, it shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with stealth itself, what's wrong is perma stealth (or anything near that) and that's exactly what's targeted here.

also, if i hit someone with an one-use marker and he just turns invisible, why do i bother using such marker(-traps) for those? they dont really have an use then

I might be missing something here, because I'm not sure how's that a response to the part you've quoted? :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Um... what? If you keep re-applying stealth every "less than 2 seconds", you don't get revealed by a "revealed if stealthed for over 2 seconds" debuff? Sounds like you're wrong.

Even if that's true, then all it means is that it should get fixed, not that it should be changed to "not being able to use stealth", as it's obviously not intended.

I might be missing something here, because I'm not sure how's that a response to the part you've quoted? :D
  1. it would be a quick fix,
  2. u know what we were talking about

@Virdo.1540 said:

1. it would be a quick fix,

It would be a nerf, not a "quick fix".

1. u know what we were talking about

No, I honestly don't see the relation of that answer to what I wrote and you quoted.

• Confused 1

@"ComeAndGetThem.3152" said:Hi,Could we remove the "Entering stealth while marked will place the Detected! effect on you for 2 seconds." in Marked? I mean it totally destroys thief gameplay and i cant see a good reason for it to exist anyways.Ty.

so you want an easy leeway for thieves? no thanks. you shouldnt be moaning since thieves are known for running away and hiding, im thinking you keep getting pew pew'd, with all that running its probably well deserved. back to the base you go!

What a lot of people don't realise is that mesmers and thieves are designed around stealth being a defensive mechanic, marked unfairly penalises these 2 classes that have historically and still are of very limited use in large scale fights that dominate WvW.

How would you like it if marked reduced the duration of every block, invuln and status effect down to 2s? You would be here making the exact same complaint as the OP.

Justine has the right idea but I would say 5s is more appropriate, you can still fight or get away but you're not able to perma stealth very easily.

@"ComeAndGetThem.3152" said:Hi,Could we remove the "Entering stealth while marked will place the Detected! effect on you for 2 seconds." in Marked? I mean it totally destroys thief gameplay and i cant see a good reason for it to exist anyways.Ty.

I have a better solution: remove stealth.

Jumping people out of stealth to gank them is not 'game play'.

@apharma.3741 said:What a lot of people don't realise is that mesmers and thieves are designed around stealth being a defensive mechanic, marked unfairly penalises these 2 classes that have historically and still are of very limited use in large scale fights that dominate WvW.

How would you like it if marked reduced the duration of every block, invuln and status effect down to 2s? You would be here making the exact same complaint as the OP.

Justine has the right idea but I would say 5s is more appropriate, you can still fight or get away but you're not able to perma stealth very easily.

and a lot of people realize that mesmer and thief are utterly broken thanks to stealth.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

I stealth for positioning and orientation to Daze and boon steal among other modifiers, it's as much game play as any passive flak we have to set up for to dismantle. If you get 'ganked' by stealth at this point in the game you have tunnel vision and you weren't paying attention to begin with.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

I have a better idea: how about no.

And since when is ganking "not gameplay"?

• Confused 1

@apharma.3741 said:What a lot of people don't realise is that mesmers and thieves are designed around stealth being a defensive mechanic, marked unfairly penalises these 2 classes that have historically and still are of very limited use in large scale fights that dominate WvW.

I stated this when this was first implemented but it's no surprise as it's one of many ridiculous thing anet has implemented caving to its players that refuse to learn to play against anything. Shouldn't surprise anyone games literarily made of cheese carry builds these daysMaybe in reveal area's aegis,barriers and,blocks and invulnerability should be inoperable or all blocks,invulnerability now only last 1 sec, aegis now occurs once every 50 secs lol

@"gebrechen.5643" said:That would be true if "Stealth" was the defensive mechanic those classes rely on. But it isn't. Thief and Mesmer both have access to a large toolkit of other defensive mechanics: ports, invulnerabilities, evades, etc.

So, no, the cobbah is right.

No, he's not. Increase other classes defensive mechanics' CDs to 50 seconds and then you can talk about maybe being right. Stealth is also a soft-ish defense as you can still burst it with aoes and it doesn't break the channeled/already casted skills as opposed to other defensive mechanics. If people are so worried about disengaging, then remove every other dash/leap ability from other classes as well or at least stop pretending that they don't exist.

• Confused 1

@"gebrechen.5643" said:Which "other classes defensive mechanics" are you referring too? Thief and mesmer already have the ones with the shortest cd. So, please explain.

I'm sure you can come up with something relevant here! But on the offchance it's too hard, start rereading from the top.

• Confused 1