Mac Crashes in Divinity's Reach since Wintersday?

I'm a Mac player (stop snickering), and been seeing constant crashes if I hang out in Divinity's Reach, ever since the Wintersday patch earlier today. Not noticing any issue anywhere else, and haven't noticed any crashes in quite some time playing regularly so it definitely seems like the patch or Wintersday itself doing this. I can barely stay in the city 10 minutes before a hard crash (something like "GW2 has a serious issue and must be stopped", with a Submit to Anet button) Anyone else / any tips?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Da Kril.2695 said:Oh yes, had this as well — before getting in game, immediately after the Wintersday patch, the client wanted to repair game data.

@Blur.3465 You're runnng a Mac client in Windows 10? o.0

Yep yep, same thing! So I guess it's something on their part? It's weird as heck. I am scared to enter Divinity's Reach now XDAnd no, I'm running the Windows client, but thought I'd pop in to say I'm having the same error on a different OS

Yep, same issue. Mac client, sometimes I can get in for a couple of minutes before it crashes, and other times it crashes during the loading screen. Up to date OS and so on. Might be nice to hear something along the lines of it's being looked into. At this point, the game is completely unplayable.

This is the reply I got to my ticket:

**Hello (...),

The recent update to Mac OS, named Catalina, implements some new security rules that automatically block the install of programs from unknown sources. Unfortunately, Guild Wars 2 is not currently recognized by this system, and so users can frequently encounter the error when trying to install or launch the game after updating to this version of the operating system.

However there are a number of ways to potentially fix this, but the easiest (and safest) one we have found is to simply open the program by Right Clicking on the executable file and selecting the Open option the first few times a user tries to launch the game or launcher, instead of running it by double clicking it as one commonly does when trying to open a program or other file. This will still prompt the user with a brief warning (shown below,) but it gives them a convenient option to bypass the security measures and allow the program to be installed. It will also allow the program to open without problems in the future, even if a user double clicks it instead.

Regards,

GM Beagle BroGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/**

It didn't actually make any difference - I'm still getting frequent crashes in all maps, and in DR it's virtually unplayable.

I'm running Mojave version 10.14.6 with the same issue, so it can't be Catalina security that is the culprit.(may cause problems though, just not my problems) =)

I have a ticket working too. We are still going through the "repair? security exception? delete prefs?" phase.I will post if anything works/fixes it.

I cannot get anywhere where there is any heavy lag. Some areas that don't normally have heavy lag all the sudden has it and boom I'm crashed. Played for several years in all types of heavy situations mainly in WvW huge battles with no issues but If someone near me cast's an area animated buff, it's most likely I'm crashed. Ever since this Wintersday Update. I've tried several things with GM's over like 25 emails and nothing works. I hope after Wintersday things go back to normal. For now, I won't bother logging in till I see a solution posted up here.

OK, on my ticket, we've gotten past all the possible things to do on my end.(repair, kill prefs, switch to new user acct, re-install client, etc.)I've been submitting the "ArenaNet.log" with each subsequent crash, so hopefully that will help them.

Here is my lastest response, fyi:

Thank you for that information!

This issue is currently being looked into, and we thank you for the logs you provided. We currently don't know when the issue will be resolved but the developers are working on getting a fix as soon as possible. We're going to keep this ticket open so that it is looked into, and an update to this issue will be posted on the Guild Wars 2 forum page under updates.

so, moving forward! =)

I was able the get through the first POF chapter by changing my graphics settings. Before I couldn't get past the first fight. Since the error logs mentioned missing textures, I changed my texture, shader and character model quality from high to medium and was able to play without crashes. Not sure if it was patched, the changes worked around the problem, or I just got very lucky. If that fixes it the issue probably has something to do with missing high quality textures.