Soulbeast is quite OP ( wvw balance )

bigo.9037

@Substance E.4852 said:Mobile WD being a good idea in a zerg fight would heavily depend on a multitude of factors.

Keep in mind that this is, according to some in this thread, would come with a big nerf to our survivability and stat bonuses from SB. Standing in red circle city is much less appealing when I don't have extra health/armor or the damage reduction from dolyak stance.

Those in turn, depend on what changes other classes receive. Even the current state of Ranger would probably not want to stand in melee range of his target with the damage that WD puts out.

It's not much different from Whirling axe damage wise and Warriors rarely use that skill in a zerg despite it already being mobile and hitting for a full 5 targets instead of WD's 3 (why is this still even a thing?)

Yeah i don't know how much nerf ranger would receive, but when it comes to zerg, red rings should not be a big problem if you have decent healers (mainly because they also would be nerfed, right?).

I haven't played with warriors but at least seeing the recommended build for zerging with warrior it seems to have better AoEs to use than axe, the same is not true for rangers so having mobility in Wirling Defense would help a lot, and increase tagerts to 5.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hynax.9536 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:Mobile WD being a good idea in a zerg fight would heavily depend on a multitude of factors.

Keep in mind that this is, according to some in this thread, would come with a big nerf to our survivability and stat bonuses from SB. Standing in red circle city is much less appealing when I don't have extra health/armor or the damage reduction from dolyak stance.

Those in turn, depend on what changes other classes receive. Even the current state of Ranger would probably not want to stand in melee range of his target with the damage that WD puts out.

It's not much different from Whirling axe damage wise and Warriors rarely use that skill in a zerg despite it already being mobile and hitting for a full 5 targets instead of WD's 3 (why is this still even a thing?)

Yeah i don't know how much nerf ranger would receive, but when it comes to zerg, red rings should not be a big problem if you have decent healers (mainly because they also would be nerfed, right?).

I haven't played with warriors but at least seeing the recommended build for zerging with warrior it seems to have better AoEs to use than axe, the same is not true for rangers so having mobility in Wirling Defense would help a lot, and increase tagerts to 5.

Recall that is discussion is relative to the Q1 balance patch. Theoretically even boons are on the table, and I expect reflects will be as well.