Guildwars 2 is 7+ years old game...

obcan.1470

I'm sure someone has a more in depth explanation but from what I understand, gw2 is pretty much all dependent on your cpu. But its optimization is designed badly and can only make use of one of your cores iircBasically games is running on one of your core and it does not matter if your cpu is the newest biz, it will only make use of one . So the bigger better singular core your cpu has the better for this game

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:But its optimization is designed badly and can only make use of one of your cores iirc

I thought that was fixed years ago?

@obcan.1470 said:...That I could run on 60 fps on my gtx 560 ti and 4 core intel. Now I am owner of gtx 1070, ryzen 5 3600x all overclocked and this game runs worse than Black Desert Online on max details. What the kitten happened?

If you have switched your OS as well and are now using Windows 10, there is a lot that requires optimization to make the OS run smoothly, as Windows 10 is an extremely bloated OS that still seems to be in beta regarding its UI, functionality, and the patronization of users. You have to spend a lot of time to get it to do your bidding and not the other way round. As for the spying part, you need to deactivate a lot of stuff so that it doesn't eat bandwidth by secretly sending data to Microsoft all the time. Take the time to configure everything properly, then you shouldn't be experiencing performance issues. Good luck.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:But its optimization is designed badly and can only make use of one of your cores iirc

I thought that was fixed years ago?

@"obcan.1470" said:...That I could run on 60 fps on my gtx 560 ti and 4 core intel. Now I am owner of gtx 1070, ryzen 5 3600x all overclocked and this game runs worse than Black Desert Online on max details. What the kitten happened?

If you have switched your OS as well and are now using Windows 10, there is a lot that requires optimization to make the OS run smoothly, as Windows 10 is an extremely bloated OS that still seems to be in beta regarding its UI, functionality, and the patronization of users. You have to spend a lot of time to get it to do your bidding and not the other way round. As for the spying part, you need to deactivate a lot of stuff so that it doesn't eat bandwidth by secretly sending data to Microsoft all the time. Take the time to configure everything properly, then you shouldn't be experiencing performance issues. Good luck.

What? Seriously what? Do you even know what are you talking about? Do you even realize that bandwidth , assuming you are talking about internet, has nothing to do with fps and performance? On top of that I am running fiber optics and 6 core CPU with 12 threads so I have plenty of overhead for this "spying" you are talking about. I could run 2 virtual machines at the same time stressing the cores I assign to them to the max and I still shouldnt notice performance issues since this game seems to run on 4 cores. But hey I will show you something funny ... https://i.imgur.com/0445wXR.pngHere is utilization of my PC while running guildwars 2. Only single core is fully utilized 3 cores are spiking but not continuously used 2 cores are mostly unused 6 threads are completely dead. gpu utilization is at 70%. I have 3 cores that could handle the "spying" of yours and have 2 dead cores and 6 threads completely chilling and doing nothing. My memory is at 50%. I have 30% of GPU performance to spare and I am quite sure its not even overclocked now. This game quite literally ignores over 50% of resources available.So once again. What, the fuck, are you even talking about?

@obcan.1470 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:To properly make a comparison, what was your 4 core CPU?

Well then the next question is, how long ago were you running the game on the 6600k and what kind of "good" performance you were getting. If you still have that machine you can compare results

It's normal for Guild Wars 2 to use one of the cores more than others, that's the main issue with the game's engine.

PS: "spying" on Windows 10 is meme joke at this point, Windows 10 is much MUCH faster than Windows 7 on everything, not sure how or why that myth is passed around the internet even by people that are supposed to have "knowledge" of computers. And as you said, you have more than enough idling threads that could take care of anything extra

@obcan.1470 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:To properly make a comparison, what was your 4 core CPU?

Well, there you go. Practically the same single core performance. Intel hasnt actually changed much in the last couple of generations, it's just that AMD has improved a metric ton and now match them - just barely, against the top end AMD CPUs falls a little short. And of course vastly exceed them in multicore performance.

GW2 is part of the "old generation" of DX9 games which uses few threads. It is quite literally optimised for the 6600K, not the Ryzen 3600X.

But the real question is... are your settings the same? Because there are just a few "high" settings that make your fps take a nosedive, even if you had a 9900KS and a 2080Ti. Character model count and shadows in particular.

My main issue isnt that the game doesnt run on playable fps on max settings. The issue is the kind of game that runs below 40, dips and stutters when there are a lot of particle effects and becomes practically unplayable in wvw scenarios. This game, literally runs worse than current gens. Its insulting and sad.

@obcan.1470 said:...That I could run on 60 fps on my gtx 560 ti and 4 core intel. Now I am owner of gtx 1070, ryzen 5 3600x all overclocked and this game runs worse than Black Desert Online on max details. What the kitten happened?

Why did you buy amd for gaming rofl smackhead. Intel is far superior despite anything amd fanboys say

@choon.6308 said:

@"obcan.1470" said:...That I could run on 60 fps on my gtx 560 ti and 4 core intel. Now I am owner of gtx 1070, ryzen 5 3600x all overclocked and this game runs worse than Black Desert Online on max details. What the kitten happened?

Why did you buy amd for gaming rofl
smackhead
. Intel is far superior despite anything amd fanboys say

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i9-9900K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600X/4028vs4041

top of the end intel vs mid tier amd. 7% single core performance difference 14% 4 core difference. 171 dollars vs 408 dollars.https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1897/bench/WWZ_Ultra_1080p.png10-20% difference in fps in games that checks out with specs

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1897/bench/FC_Ultra_1080p.png0-10% difference in fps

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1897/bench/ACO_Ultra_1080p.png

-5% to 5% difference in fps

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1897/bench/RSS_Ultra_1080p.png1%-7% fps difference

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1897/bench/1080p_Ultra.png

0%-15% fps diffference

Welcome to 2019 where amd finaly brought competitive chip and intel keeps fucking over themselves. But sure, must be amd fanboys keeping those fps up.

So will this thread become a CPU dick measuring content or will you do something productive like posting your settings that I mentioned so that we could actually suggest changes, if any? You can complain all you want about the performance, its not going to change anything.

If you dont want to thats fine, we all like to vent sometimes, it just means the thread is pointless.

@Dawdler.8521 said:So will this thread become a CPU kitten measuring content or will you do something productive like posting your settings that I mentioned so that we could actually suggest changes, if any? You can complain all you want about the performance, its not going to change anything.

If you dont want to thats fine, we all like to vent sometimes, it just means the thread is pointless.

I am trying to actually call out anet on their bullshit coding. I am not gona lower my settings, I didnt invest in my pc for that.

@obcan.1470 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:So will this thread become a CPU kitten measuring content or will you do something productive like posting your settings that I mentioned so that we could actually suggest changes, if any? You can complain all you want about the performance, its not going to change anything.

I am trying to actually call out anet on their kitten coding. I am not gona lower my settings, I didnt invest in my pc for that.

Oh wow, that will show them! Enjoy your slide show I guess :D

Edit: as for your comparisons, I have 6 core i7-9750H, ~51% usage with gw2 launched on high details, stable 60+ fps. So much for your intel bad ryzen good talk.

• Confused 1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62041/downloaded-the-game#latest

And btw are you removing/reinstalling the game every 2-3 weeks or are you just so bent on kitten-talking anet that you insist on making these threads while actively playing the game?Here's a tip: if you want to uninstall the game because you don't enjoy it, stop reinstalling it all the time and instead find the game you'll actually like.

• Confused 1