"we think the new version of Chaotic Interruption is pretty powerful"

Leonidrex.5649

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.
Are you srs? Why dont you play mesmer yourself and see if it
hard counters
xDp.s its not too hard to hard counter the mesmer - whine on the forum, always works :joy:

I'm just saying design-wise it makes sense in my head for some reason. Thieves re tricksters mesmers are tricksters thus it makes sense for mesmers to trick thieves with illusion, or maybe its the fact a thief is a trickster that counters the illusionist version of tricksters?

What are you on bro? I want some too. But seriously, are you like 14 years old or what? Your way of thinking and typing, your character description on your forum posts.. :D Idk man, sorry.

@DesiRe.1348 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.
hard counters
xDp.s its not too hard to hard counter the mesmer - whine on the forum, always works :joy:

I'm just saying design-wise it makes sense in my head for some reason. Thieves re tricksters mesmers are tricksters thus it makes sense for mesmers to trick thieves with illusion, or maybe its the fact a thief is a trickster that counters the illusionist version of tricksters?

What are you on bro? I want some too. But seriously, are you like 14 years old or what? Your way of thinking and typing, your character description on your forum posts.. :D Idk man, sorry.

No need to throw age insults, as I did not do so to you, nor try to be demeaning in order to make yourself feel big.

I merely expressed my opinions.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
hard counters

No need to throw age insults, as I did not do so to you, nor try to be demeaning in order to make yourself feel big.

That's not an insult though. If you really were 14 I wouldn't care, have fun in the game. I just think the way you type and stuff really.. not ordinary. :D I was just wondering if you were young or on drugs (as a joke ofc). Or .. odd.

@DesiRe.1348 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
hard counters

That's not an insult though. If you really were 14 I wouldn't care, have fun in the game. I just think the way you type and stuff really.. not ordinary. :D I was just wondering if you were young or on drugs (as a joke ofc). Or .. odd.

No, And personal stuff doesn't belong here on the forum, so please just leave it at that.

And I do take it personally because I merely asked because I was curious about how the game works and the way the classes were built is odd.

Question to mes why not ask for a overhaul of phantasm traits on chrono? maybe if they changed the offenders a bit around and buff it, it can be efficient.

If Chrono isn't desireable in SPVP then it should get an overhaul to where it can be effective but not OP.

@Axl.8924 said:Question to mes why not ask for a overhaul of phantasm traits on chrono? maybe if they changed the offenders a bit around and buff it, it can be efficient.

If Chrono isn't desireable in SPVP then it should get an overhaul to where it can be effective but not OP.

that was needed before they nerfed everything. now if they fix chronophantasma and f4..... well it wont change the fact that phantasms are garbage.Did you know that core mes in pve has dead utility slots? there is NOTHING in there, if you wanna make DPS core mes, you take chukkle MASS INVISIBILITY and PORTAL.Becouse no other utility provides damage XD.In fact, when I raid in my power chrono I use FUCKING blink or portal, becouse i lose 1% dps for the utility slot.Our utilities are SO FUCKING BAD that they provide 1-2% dmg. When you play condi mirage you use fucking 2 signets just for passive stat boost LoL.Just think about it, blink provides more damage then any utility becouse from time to time it will buy you 1-2s.And that 1-2s is more important then any utility mesmer has. Thats how bad mesmer utilities are.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Did you know that core mes in pve has dead utility slots? there is NOTHING in there, if you wanna make DPS core mes, you take chukkle MASS INVISIBILITY and PORTAL.Becouse no other utility provides damage XD.In fact, when I raid in my power chrono I use kitten blink or portal, becouse i lose 1% dps for the utility slot.Our utilities are SO kitten BAD that they provide 1-2% dmg. When you play condi mirage you use kitten 2 signets just for passive stat boost LoL.

Just some minor corrections.

Since even in PvE mesmers don’t ‘swim in clones’, any clone generating skill has potential to be a dps increase by providing shatter fuel. This is why a dps core mes would optimally run MoP (does damage), disenchanter (does damage and creates a clone, refreshed by SoE) and defender/mirror images (tho imo defender is outdated, both are ultimately used to create clones).

Core elite slot is mostly useless, so no argument here.

Chrono basically runs the same utility set for same reasons (dmg, but also creating clones).

1-2% is probably too much of an exaggeration. Though it’s difficult to calculate the loss of dps by decreasing clone generation from defender/images, MoP was once considered the ‘flexible slot’/least effective utility. Providing a flat 1.2k+ dps, the ‘disposable’ utility actually granted a 3-5% (depending on DT/IA chrono/core) dps increase.

Most builds run passive signets whenever they can. Common +180 power signets equate to a passive ~6% increase in dps and are taken pretty much all the time. Would this mean all the other meta builds which use signets have trash utilities as well?

I’m not fully disagreeing with you however, mesmer DOES have trash utilities. Images is like restoring two adrenaline bars on warrior, but with a 30s CD. Non-breakbar enemies randomly become more dangerous when moa’d. All other utilities have niche uses or are intended for PvP. But then again, how many meta specs aren’t plagued by trashy/forced resource utilities?