Will 3rd Expansion happen at all?

yefluke.3168

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Dante.1508" said:[...]

Plus the fact they seem to make the content so insanely hard these days.

:lol: You mean the "tough" story missions from the Icebrood Saga that even a 5-year old can do without trouble? Yeah, "insanely hard these days". :sweat_smile:

Typical condescending personal attacks.. That said i have not attempted Icebrood yet.. I stopped after season 4 as it was very tough to play for me.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Thanks, @maddoctor.2738 but I was asking for statistics from what @"Astralporing.1957" posted regarding the player base retention and the statement that the game is hemorrhaging players.

woops my bad.

I posted statistics from gw2efficiency earlier that show player reduction, or at least gw2efficiency player reduction:91.5% started Heart of Thorns, 66.2% killed Mordremoth67.2% started S3E1, 59.7% finished it62.4% started S3E2, 57.2% finished it63.3% started S3E3, 55.7% finished it59.6% started S3E4, 50.8% finished it56% started S3E5, 49.9% finished it52.7% started S3E6, 46.8% finished it79.9% started Path of Fire, 62% killed Balthazar57% started S4E1, 47.1% finished it47.9% started S4E2, 42.3% finished it48.7% started S4E3, 39.9% finished it40.6% started S4E4, 35.8% finished it36.3% started S4E5, 31.7% finished it32.8% started S4E6, 29.6% finished it

It's as "official" as it can get (note they are from 5 months ago)

Well that really explains what i said about difficulty 29.6% of the player base beat ls4 end and only 32% attempted it haha.. Seriously that right there is a huge red flag on the direction this game went in.. That said i slaved and hated every minute of it but i completed both season 3 and 4 on my one character..

Maybe i'm not as casual as i thought.. That said i would never go through that again..

Also explains why icebrood was a lot easier, they are trying to get customers back and do content.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Dante.1508 said:I'd love to see Cantha added but the way its been so silent i'm thinking no more expacs.. I hope i'm wrong but this game isn't very transparent or updated often.. And when it is updated it seems less and less lately.

What story content in the last 2 releases have been insanely hard?

Honestly no idea i stopped doing content pretty much after Living Story 4.

So maybe dont spread miss information if you havent played the latest stories then?

No misinformation said living story 3 and 4 were hard as nails to complete solo and some of my classes would never even been able too.. Just because i haven't done the latest content doesn't change that fact.

Aside from Bloodstone Caudecus, I don't remember any boss problem with the LS3 story.Some other bosses, like the Golem boss in LS4 Episode, felt quite tedious and boring, but not hard.Every season 3 and 4 boss was a mini raid boss.. Some whole areas like Doric lake are a nightmare to play in solo.. I don't care how much leather that map throws at me i will not play it as its too frustrating to play..The annoying end ice boss the starting minotaur ice boss.. The annoying Bloodstone bosses were not fun. every single boss was a tedious health sponge with mechanics designed to annoy.PoF is exactly the same.. stupid dodging of inaccurate AOE circles, get shield use weird skill number 9... while knocking me around like a pinball of cc.

@"Dante.1508" said:Also explains why icebrood was a lot easier, they are trying to get customers back and do content.

Which, as with your own example, fails miserably since those that didn't like S3/S4 already stopped playing or are unwilling to try S5 before they beat S3/S4 first. Making the whole "we'll make S5 easier to get customers back to the game" a moot point as the only thing it does is chase away those that actually liked S3/S4 and now want to move forward.

We'll see the metrics of S5 and if this drop in difficulty will lead to higher numbers or not, although I'm afraid the drop in numbers isn't due to the difficulty of the story, but of the pace/quality of updates instead.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:[...]

:lol: You mean the "tough" story missions from the Icebrood Saga that even a 5-year old can do without trouble? Yeah, "insanely hard these days". :sweat_smile:

Typical condescending personal attacks.. That said i have not attempted Icebrood yet.. I stopped after season 4 as it was very tough to play for me.

@kharmin.7683 said:Thanks, @maddoctor.2738 but I was asking for statistics from what @"Astralporing.1957" posted regarding the player base retention and the statement that the game is hemorrhaging players.

woops my bad.

I posted statistics from gw2efficiency earlier that show player reduction, or at least gw2efficiency player reduction:91.5% started Heart of Thorns, 66.2% killed Mordremoth67.2% started S3E1, 59.7% finished it62.4% started S3E2, 57.2% finished it63.3% started S3E3, 55.7% finished it59.6% started S3E4, 50.8% finished it56% started S3E5, 49.9% finished it52.7% started S3E6, 46.8% finished it79.9% started Path of Fire, 62% killed Balthazar57% started S4E1, 47.1% finished it47.9% started S4E2, 42.3% finished it48.7% started S4E3, 39.9% finished it40.6% started S4E4, 35.8% finished it36.3% started S4E5, 31.7% finished it32.8% started S4E6, 29.6% finished it

Well that really explains what i said about difficulty 29.6% of the player base beat ls4 end and only 32% attempted it haha.. Seriously that right there is a huge red flag on the direction this game went in.. That said i slaved and hated every minute of it but i completed both season 3 and 4 on my one character..

Maybe i'm not as casual as i thought.. That said i would never go through that again..

Also explains why icebrood was a lot easier, they are trying to get customers back and do content.

Dude.... these statistics arent saying anything about "difficulty". It's not that "people didnt start/finish, because content got ToO hArD". People just left/quit the game and never experienced that content in the first place.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Meanwhile ff14 will be adding a new dungeon every patch and raid/story cadense doesnt look like its going to suffer because of it.

Gotta love competent management and a clear vision.Comparing content releases between subscription based games and non-subscription based games is not a valid argument.

Management and vision arent exclusive to sub based mmos. And why cant you compaire? Anet had any option for a business model available and they chose this one, and now theyve been stuck at 11mil acounts made since pof while ff14 and eso are millions ahead.

@"Glider.5792" said:Dude.... these statistics arent saying anything about "difficulty". It's not that "people didnt start/finish, because content got ToO hArD". People just left/quit the game and never experienced that content in the first place.

Wrong. When you compare the numbers, 29.6% of 32.8% is still 90% of players who finished said content. That makes the people complaining about the difficulty being too high the clear minority. The same goes for all the other numbers.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Glider.5792" said:Dude.... these statistics arent saying anything about "difficulty". It's not that "people didnt start/finish, because content got ToO hArD". People just left/quit the game and never experienced that content in the first place.

Wrong. When you compare the numbers, 29.6% of 32.8% is still 90% of players who finished said content. That makes the people complaining about the difficulty being too high the clear minority. The same goes for all the other numbers.

Thats not what i was talking about, but ok.

@Glider.5792 said:

woops my bad.

Dude.... these statistics arent saying anything about "difficulty". It's not that "people didnt start/finish, because content got ToO hArD". People just left/quit the game and never experienced that content in the first place.

That exactly what its saying.. 29.6% of the current population finished it.. and only 32.8% bothered to even start it. Those statistics have zero to do with who left or joined GW2.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Glider.5792 said:Dude.... these statistics arent saying anything about "difficulty". It's not that "people didnt start/finish, because content got ToO hArD". People just left/quit the game and never experienced that content in the first place.

You have that completely backwards.. those percentages are of the customers that did the content on gw2efficiency.. 67% never even bothered to do the final content.

Those statistics have zero to do with who left or joined GW2.But they do. The 100% represents the players who bought the game, and made an account on gw2 efficiency. From all of those people (100%) only 32.8% started the episode, aka entered the new map.Where is the rest of the 67.2% ? They either:

1. Quit the game by the point mentioned EP came out (biggest factor)
  2. Do not have an expansion so they cannot enter the new map.
  3. Completly dont care about open world PvE and dont bother unlocking and doing new content

And if I do new 3 exp I am sure that no any more elite specs.

It can be something like extend to POF, free if you buy POF I mean.It include on each town dungeons or make cm mode for current, whit some specific resitances(shadow ice holy ..) and etc,
rework Edge of the mist and make it more pipsed wiht some resistance mechanic.and more more .. but not any more elite spec!

@Dante.1508 said:

woops my bad.

That exactly what its saying.. 29.6% of the current population finished it.. and only 32.8% bothered to even start it. Those statistics have zero to do with who left or joined GW2.

@Glider.5792 said:Dude.... these statistics arent saying anything about "difficulty". It's not that "people didnt start/finish, because content got ToO hArD". People just left/quit the game and never experienced that content in the first place.

You have that completely backwards.. those percentages are of the customers that did the content on gw2efficiency.. 67% never even bothered to do the final content.

Unless the game officially releases number of active players (and how the count them), websites like gw2efficency rely on benchmarks. Are they 100% accurate? No, but they tend to be close. Is the game currently having around a third of the population at HoT release remotely surprising? Is the fact that we are currently losing players unexpected?

Lots of good points here. Also the way gw2 was designed and constructed from the get go back then (which was revolutionary) was micro updates through living story episodes. new maps, new story, and even new features including new skills and stuff like that involved in each map or story. Expansions saw verticality and flight. We had fractals and raids implemented. They could even change fundamental things like the way servers used to be divided, or wvw alliances/linking. And there's a lot waiting to be delved into like underwater combat etc. It's built to be modular. Therefore gw2 may not even need gw3. It could just constantly evolve.

@otto.5684 said:

woops my bad.

Unless the game officially releases number of active players (and how the count them), websites like gw2efficency rely on benchmarks. Are they 100% accurate? No, but they tend to be close. Is the game currently having around a third of the population at HoT release remotely surprising? Is the fact that we are currently losing players unexpected?

No its kinda sad.

It has been said that ANet themselves stated that there aren't going to be anymore expantions.However, there are no absolute certainties in this world, so who knows?Who's to say what the future holds?

ANet and NCSoft may join forces with... let's say, Square Enix, or Rockstar...More money, more investment.It's always a possibility, even if slim.

But I'm just speculating here.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:It has been said that ANet themselves stated that there aren't going to be anymore expantions.Anet say it about nearest 2-3 years, may be nearest 5. But here we discuss expansion after 10-15 years. And I am sure that suggested my vision of exp wiht some dungeon world wiht some resistances will best solution

@takatsu.9416 said:like the way servers used to be divided, or wvw alliances/linking. gw3.I have that gw3 each weekend. This is current wvw.

@lare.5129 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:It has been said that ANet themselves stated that there aren't going to be anymore expantions.Anet say it about nearest 2-3 years, may be nearest 5. But here we discuss expansion after 10-15 years.10-15 years is a very long time - longer than this game already existed. It's not likely it will even exist anymore by then, and you want to discuss the possibility of expansions for so far-off future?

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:It has been said that ANet themselves stated that there aren't going to be anymore expantions.

They never stated that. Instead they said that everyone in the studio knows that players wants an expansion. They know we want an expansion, it's just the kind of story telling they want to tell is better suited for the living world. Maybe once the Icebrood Saga is over we'll finally get that expansion

@"Astralporing.1957" said:It's not likely it will even exist anymore by thenpeople still play ragnarok, quake1 and doom2. Why should happen that gw2 is disappear ?? All electricity in world "forewe power off" ?

and you want to discuss the possibility of expansions for so far-off future?We always discuss about that. Or you think someone think what this is happen next week ?? :)

@lare.5129 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:It's not likely it will even exist anymore by thenpeople still play ragnarok, quake1 and doom2. Why should happen that gw2 is disappear ?? All electricity in world "forewe power off" ?The maintenance costs are quite a bit different. The same between gw1 and gw2 - first guild wars can be operated practically indefinitely with minimal costs (and probably even now are net positive on income). With gw2 it's not the same - here the server costs alone are much higher, not mentioning the cost of the whole development team.

And comparing it with games like quake and doom, that have no maintenance costs whatsoever is a joke.