Rune of the Eagle or Ranger

Zoid.2568

I looked at both runes and the eagle rune with 125 Ferocity does 8.3% crit damage. Ranger does 7% while I have a companion. Eagle also does 10% more dmg while enemy is below 50% HP.Keep in mind that I am a core ranger and I have 100% crit chance.

Rune of the Eagle125 ferocity = 8.3% crit damage10% damage while enemy is below 50% hP.

Rune of the Ranger7% damage while active companion.

So for the first 50% of the fight I do 1.3% more damage and after 50% of the fight I do 11.3% more damage. With Eagle rune.

Rune of the Eagle wins, right?

Edit: I don't understand why the ranger rune is so much more expensive if the damage output of the eagle run is so much greater. Makes no sense at all.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Always chose the runes or sigils that have the highest uptime. Averaging will do better than min/maxing in most scenarios unless you're aiming purely for high-end content such as raids in which min/maxing is required to participate.

In this case Rune of the Ranger is the better choice. Rune of the Eagle only averages out to 6.3% and is more conditional.You could do the math yourself, (1.3 x 0.5) + (11.3 x 0.5) = 6.3

The 125 ferocity which is 8.3 % is still better than 7%. The 10% at 50% HP is only a bonus. Rune of the Eagle is the better choice.

It's 1.3 x 1 as the 8.3% have 100% uptime. The 10% however is 10 x 0.5. Which makes Rune of the Eagle 6.3% stronger than Rune of the Ranger.

@Zoid.2568 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Always chose the runes or sigils that have the highest uptime. Averaging will do better than min/maxing in most scenarios unless you're aiming purely for high-end content such as raids in which min/maxing is required to participate.

In this case Rune of the Ranger is the better choice. Rune of the Eagle only averages out to 6.3% and is more conditional.You could do the math yourself, (1.3 x 0.5) + (11.3 x 0.5) = 6.3

The 125 ferocity which is 8.3 % is still better than 7%. The 10% at 50% HP is only a bonus. Rune of the Eagle is the better choice.

It's 1.3 x 1 as the 8.3% have 100% uptime. The 10% however is 10 x 0.5. Which makes Rune of the Eagle 6.3% stronger than Rune of the Ranger.

I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say.. I was busy and couldn't look into it properly only go by what you listed.

Depends on whether you want a static 7% damage increase or if you want a 10% damage increase but only against enemies under 50% hp.

The big deciding factor is that Eagle gives 125 ferocity where as Ranger does not.. if you're playing a really high crit Ranger build then Eagle is blatantly better becasue of the bonus ferocity.Imo Ranger should also get this 125 ferocity boost.