Remove Public from (event) strike mission

Virdo.1540

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

On the other hand, most people for whom Strikes were their first experience with 10-man instanced content likely would have no experience whatsoever if not for public version. If the public version did not exist, they simply would never have even tried strikes.Also, you really think that not having public version would mean no bad experiences? Raids had no public version at all, and yet i still have heard a lot of horror stories associated with raid pug groups.

Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution - do not use the public version.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

On the other hand, most people for whom Strikes were their first experience with 10-man instanced content likely would have no experience whatsoever if not for public version. If the public version did not exist, they simply would never have even tried strikes.Also, you really think that not having public version would mean no bad experiences? Raids had no public version at all, and yet i still have heard a lot of horror stories associated with raid pug groups.

Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution -
do not use the public version

I was going to add thoughts, but this kinda says everything perfectly already

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Basically, if you don't want to experience the bad things that come from queuing for public version, you already have a simple solution -

You have really good points, even facts i would say. Thats why i said IMO.

I find public missions silly because we have an option to join in a strike from LFG already which usually is as easy as joining in public mission. Runs listed to LFG also has some control around the squad composition and you can find more players to your run if you have leavers. Also you can leave from the non public version if some1 is trolling.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

I find public missions silly because we have an option to join in a strike from LFG already which usually is as easy as joining in public mission. Runs listed to LFG also has some control around the squad composition and you can find more players to your run if you have leavers. Also you can leave from the non public version if some1 is trolling.

and yet..judging by the quality of players.

Its clear a very different set of players join via public to lfg.Those players who feel safer joining public probably wont join through lfg.

and that's why public que exists.

@Taygus.4571 said:

and yet..judging by the quality of players.

Its clear a very different set of players join via public to lfg.Those players who feel safer joining public probably wont join through lfg.

and that's why public que exists.

Again good point. However i feel that those players who joins to public might stop doing instanced content because of that bad experience. Instead it would be way better for them to join from the LFG in squads that says "chilled" "all welcome" or stuff like that. In those squads atmosphere should be always nice as its commanders squad and he has an option the get rid of all the toxic players or trolls. Also USUALLY commander has some sweet moves in his pocket to make the run better like fixing the squad composition, telling new players to stack under the tag and so on.

Dont get me wrong, i do understand that some players are really scared to use LFG, but in thia case imo that would suit them better than the public squad.

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:Imo public version does more harm than good. Every1 that i know who had a bad first experience from strikes were using public instance.

It can be said about anything else in the game, you either organise your group or you agree to draw in a lottery of randoms. Nothing new about that and by far not a valid reasoning to "remove public".

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

oh so lfg isnt a public feature?

You're actually late with your complaints now that they've specifically made a seperate tab for strike missions in lfg. There's no reason to remove other options just because YOU don't like them.

havent they already removed the "public" option from grothmar strike? why do we need one for wintersday then?

and btw, not only ME... many others that are doing the work for some leechers are against that too.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

You're actually late with your complaints now that they've specifically made a seperate tab for strike missions in lfg. There's no reason to remove other options just because YOU don't like them.

havent they already removed the "public" option from grothmar strike? why do we need one for wintersday then?

I don't know and I don't care because I don't use it -but as I said just because I'm not using it, doesn't mean others shouldn't have that option. I don't understand how can people be so bent about having more options just because they use a different one (in this case lfg).

and btw, not only ME... many others that are doing the work for some leechers are against that too.

Then don't use it, what is your problem EXACTLY? You agree to play with randoms by joining randoms and then you complain about randoms doing random things. What kind of logic is that?

Btw first time I did Bjora's strike mission, I did it through 'public' and I had no problems with anyone/anything in there.

• Confused 1

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

Whether LFG is or is not a public feature has NOTHING to do with what I said.

if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Remove the public version of content from an MMO ... sure, makes sense. :/

if you have a problem with 'public' events, don't do them publically ... but DON'T advocate reducing other people's options just because you don't like one. There is nothing but nonsense in that kind of thinking.

lfg can also be used public. its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

@Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know and I don't care because I don't use it -but as I said just because I'm not using it, doesn't mean others shouldn't have that option. I don't understand how can people be so bent about having more options just because they use a different one (in this case lfg).

Then don't use it, what is your problem EXACTLY? You agree to play with randoms by joining randoms and then you complain about randoms doing random things. What kind of logic is that?

Btw first time I did Bjora's strike mission, I did it through 'public' and I had no problems with anyone/anything in there.

maybe they need just an way shorter afk-timer to prevent people from leeching lol

@Virdo.1540 said:

lfg can also be used public.

No one is saying it can't. You can keep repeating it but it's not relevant to the conversation.

its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

If it reduces fun for people ... people can choose to not do it the 'not fun' way. The choice is already there, so there isn't a reason to remove anything. No one needs the choice to be made for them, especially not you.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No one is saying it can't. You can keep repeating it but it's not relevant to the conversation.

its not like nobody is able to join a group or so. And also playing with "public" groups, where multiple people are leeching, then its reducing the fun other people may have while doing those.

If it reduces fun for people ... people can choose to not do it the 'not fun' way. The choice is already there, so there isn't a reason to remove anything. No one needs the choice to be made for them, especially not you.

imagine, there also people that dont know :o

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:@Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

read over the topic again.

How does it change anything I said here?

@Virdo.1540 said:imagine, there also people that dont know :o

And apparently removing public option will magically make them know :o

• Confused 1

@Virdo.1540 said:

imagine, there also people that dont know :o

Wait ... so because you think there are people that don't know they have choice, that's your justification to remove it from those of us that do? That doesn't make sense. That's not even the best solution to solve the problem that some people don't know their choices.

Ironically, removing the option to do this content public STILL does not educate those people that don't know they can do it through LFG ... so that makes the basis for your suggestion just as ridiculous as the suggestion itself.

Also, you can't be bothered to use LFG NOW to avoid people you don't want to play with ... but you're suggestion is to remove public version which will force you to use LFG later? Please tell me you simply 'overlooked' this glaringly obvious flaw in your logic.

See, here is my real problem with your thread ... it's not honest. You already knew coming in that you had a solution to avoid the people you don't want to play with ... so what's going on here is pretty simple. it's got nothing to do with not wanting to team with certain people. It's simply all about you having a bug in your craw about leechers getting loot.