Off-hand Sword

Arken.3725

Just asking for a friend: is this a troll post or semi serious?

Because if the latter is the case:Since firebrand got released I think instead of getting a new e-spec weapon I would totally love the idea of getting dualwield.So sword, mace and scepter offhand available.Each offhand represents a virtue in some way and with dualwield skills this could get really nice.I actually made a full e-spec concept about that.

I theorized before a new elite spec build around off hand sword and a new virtue, virtue of light. The elite line is designed around mobility. Off hand sword offers high single target damage and mobility. Virtue of light provides movement speed as passive and super speed when activated, with 1 utility offering super speed and overall access to swiftness.

It builds on core guardian base (especially how it is played in PvP) and adds mobility. No emphasis on CC.

In any case, no new elites are coming :'(

@otto.5684 said:I theorized before a new elite spec build around off hand sword and a new virtue, virtue of light. The elite line is designed around mobility. Off hand sword offers high single target damage and mobility. Virtue of light provides movement speed as passive and super speed when activated, with 1 utility offering super speed and overall access to swiftness.

It builds on core guardian base (especially how it is played in PvP) and adds mobility. No emphasis on CC.

I'm not holding my breath either for a Elite but would you mind posting a write up if you have one Otto? I for one would enjoy seeing it.Thank you a head of time if are willing to.

@RUNICBLACK.7630 said:

@otto.5684 said:I theorized before a new elite spec build around off hand sword and a new virtue, virtue of light. The elite line is designed around mobility. Off hand sword offers high single target damage and mobility. Virtue of light provides movement speed as passive and super speed when activated, with 1 utility offering super speed and overall access to swiftness.

I'm not holding my breath either for a Elite but would you mind posting a write up if you have one Otto? I for one would enjoy seeing it.Thank you a head of time if are willing to.

Sure. This is meant to be conceptual. The balance is wonky and naming is off. Damage amounts assumed sPvP marauder amulet.

The elite primarily focuses on mobility. The elite does not provide CC and little boons. It focuses on damage and mobility. It is sustain damage in PvE (compared to DH with more emphasis on burst). sPvP decaper +1. It is similar to DD and power rev, as an archetype. Distinct enough through, as DD and power rev are different from each other.

No change to core virtues. Add one additional virtue, virtue of light and can equip off-hand sword.

Virtue of light:Passive: Increase movement speed by 25%Active: Gain 4 secs of superspeed. CD 30 sec.

Off-hand Sword:Stab: Does 1.1K damage, cripple (2 sec) and 3 stacks of torment (8 secs) to the target. CD 10 secs. CT 0.5secs.Holy blade: Does an AOE cone 450 range dealing Deals 1.5K damage and gain light aura (4 sec). CD 12 secs, CT 0.5.

Utilities:Inner light (heal): CD 25 sec. CT 0.5 secs. Gain 800 HP every sec for the next 10 secs and apply light aura to you.Light block: CD 15 secs. CT N/A. Leap back 600 range and provide aegis to all allies in range 200 from where you land. Breaks CC.Holy leap: CD 15 secs. CT 0.25 secs. Jump to a selected location within 600 range providing 2 seconds of superspeed to all allies in range 180.Retaliate: CD 10 secs. CT N/A. Applies blindness in AOE 180 around you and gain 3 sec retaliation.Unity: CD 25 secs. CT 0.5 secs. Cast light aura, 3 sec protection and break CC for all allies in AOE 300.Imbue with the light (elite): CD 35 secs. CT 0.25 secs. Your next 5 attacks will deal 35% increased damage and apply 1 stack of 4 sec burning. Lasts 10 secs. Upon activation applies blind. 600 range.

Traits:Minor Adept: Can equip off-hand sword and gain VoLMajor Adept: Superspeed duration is increased by 50%.Major Adept: Gain 100 ferocity and 100 power for each sword equipped.Major Adept: Critical hits with the sword have 33% chance to apply blind. ICD 6 secs.

Minor Master: Blinds deal 500 damage and apply 1 stack of 2 sec burn.Major Master: Virtue of light passive movement speed is increased to 33%. Movement speed while having swiftness is increased to 40%.Major Master: Gain 15% more damage while having superspeed or 7.5% more damage when having swiftness.Major Master: Light aura reduce damage by 10%.

Minor Grandmaster: When superspeed ends gain 4 secs of swiftness. Using light utility applies light aura.Major Grandmaster: VoL CD is reduced by 15% (stack additively with virtues) and it retains its passive effect after being used.Major Grandmaster: Applying light aura removes 1 condition from all effected allies.Major Grandmaster: Light utilities CD is reduced by 20% and provide 3 sec swiftness.

I like the concepts you have here, it definitely fills a hole in the Guardian option playbook. Couple things I can mention that be helpful additions or might not if you don't mind.

I definitely like the attack skills of the sword (I've always felt the various skills that triggered the chain visual should have had access to torment through a trait or something as an offset to our lack of mobility but that never seemed to be something they wanted to give the class)

I also like your design on the utilities and the traits overall without being to unwieldy or overpowering generally very good use of defensive design there mixing Aegis and Blind

One is on the Major Master: Where light aura reduces damage by 10% is that just on direct damage or is it also on condition damage(personal opinion is it should be on both , when they changed the light and dark aura to reduce condition damage and dark got a 20% but light only got 10% which I thought was wrong when you consider that dark also triggers torment and light gets retaliation)

I don't see it on the skills : Light Block or Holy Leap so assume your not including an evade on these skills but I want to certain , am I correct?

Another idea I was thinking about but I'm not sure how well it would work, is with the changes to conditions and they became a big play option in various game modes I've looking at Retaliation and feeling it missing something to address heavy increase in condition attacks. My idea is another boon called Retribution that functions like Retaliation but for conditions in that it doesn't prevent the conditions from being applied but everytime a condition is applied on someone with Retribution the same condition is applied back on the attacker(1 stack only). I don't think that everytime you gain Retaliation that should also get Retribution but I do think some skills should give both and you should be able to gain access to via a combo field/finisherThe reason I bring this up is it sounds like this class concept really fits well with it potentially, just idea I've kicking around.Thank you for posting your concepts.