Please, remove Social awkwardness from Siren's

In short, it's about getting 1 1 1 content.Because, besides raids and CM, everything is designed for dungeon-fractal difficulty. According to your statement, midtier content. Much is even easier.Where are your 100% Hardcore? So what's the problem with leaving these 1% to the people who like the "hardcore"?

Maybe it's because my English is really not good~. But I'm not coming with right now ^^'''.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this i agree. I've made a healer fractal character to be able to join as second heal in case of Afflicted. Outflanked We Bleed Fire, or Sugar Rush, not to mention having triple combo from that list. But, 2-heal tactics usually works like charm in Siren's last boss, if one heal tactic fails.

But Social Awkwardness is very nasty there for two reasons.1 - Shark Green AOE attack that can one shot players. And Social Awkwardness doesn't allow many players to stand in this AOE. Simply damaging counter-mechanics of this attack.2 - Multiple 'push away' air waves, where stability doesn't help.

More to that while you trying to move away Blue damaging AOE, you pushing everyone into air waves, and they push your teammate into water to be eaten by fishes.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Finnkitkit.8304" said:Well, but... instead of targeting the one responsible, you're targeting each other. Trying to get each other's content broken. Because we know from the past what happens when you want things to be nerfed.Anet could easily create such midtier content. The question is, what is midtier for the large majority.

For me as an individual raids are such midtier thing. HOT was great for me ... before everyone came and called it hardcore ...Well, at least after what's going on here in the forums, the majority wants easy content. No 1 1 1 content, but also no midtier content. Because ... sorry, but raids and other things are no 'extreme hardcore content'. Nothing in GW2 is hardcore~. And I just claim that I can say that as a moderate(middle-rate? What's the right word for that?) gamerin. I also have problems with things, die, ect. But gaming also involves adapting to things and learning ^^.

For me, such a midtier content were dungeons and fractals. Before Anet abandoned the former and messed with the latter.And your "easy content" that is above "1 1 1" is the midtier content i am speaking about. Anything you need to spend time to prepare and/or learn before you can be succesful is hardcore tier. That hardcore tier that exists in GW2 may not be hard for you, but it's still hardcore tier when seen as a part of a wider picture.

Fractals were harder before the rework with HoT except 99cm and 100cm. Dungeons are actually easy content. T3-4 is midtier.Everything you have to prepare for is hardcore? So dungeons and fractals are also hardcore because you need to form a group for that and thus prepare for it? There is no autojoin outside of strikes. So everything outside of strikes and solo content is hardcore content. I don't need to explain the fault in your definition to you, do I?

The problem is that we still don't have proper tutorials for basic mechanics like break bars. 4 years since HoT release and the majority still doesn't know what to do with that suspicious blue bar beneath the health bar.

@"Miellyn.6847" said:Fractals were harder before the rework with HoT except 99cm and 100cm.Before the toughness rescaling, maybe (although not that much, and definitely not compared to how are they today). After they started working on fractals again, though, the difficulty went up significantly. It's not the case of CMs - base Nightmare and Shattered Observatory fractals were already more difficult than any previous fractal (and not by a small amount). Since then we've had no case of a rework that would make something easier (and several that made things more difficult), and only one new fractal that was at the older average difficulty (deepstone - and remember how it was immediately considered to not be an "average" but an "easy" one instead, showing how the perception of t4 difficulty has shifted in the meantime?). And every single case they messed with instabilities it only made them more and more aggravating.

The average difficulty of t4 fractals is now much higher than it was before the release of Chaos. It's just not everyone had noticed, because it is now common to run them in "proper" group compositions, which of course affect the perceived difficulty.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Finnkitkit.8304 said:The problem is that we still don't have proper tutorials for basic mechanics like break bars. 4 years since HoT release and the majority still doesn't know what to do with that suspicious blue bar beneath the health bar.

Well, because most of open world and such, you simply don't have to learn to do it or just rely on someone else to do it. You simply don't get penalized for not knowing it, so nobody learns. Or in most cases, use a healer to bypass the mechanics.

If they had content that instantly killed you if you couldn't break the bar, then people would learn it pretty fast.

Or complain about in on the forums, more likely.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Finnkitkit.8304 said:The problem is that we still don't have proper tutorials for basic mechanics like break bars. 4 years since HoT release and the majority still doesn't know what to do with that suspicious blue bar beneath the health bar.

Well, because most of open world and such, you simply don't have to learn to do it or just rely on someone else to do it. You simply don't get penalized for not knowing it, so nobody learns. Or in most cases, use a healer to bypass the mechanics.

If they had content that instantly killed you if you couldn't break the bar, then people would learn it pretty fast.

There are some story bosses that punish you when you don't break them. And some mobs that go almost invulnerable without breaking their bar.But most of the time nothing meaningful happens.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:Fractals were harder before the rework with HoT except 99cm and 100cm.Before the toughness rescaling, maybe (although not that much, and definitely not compared to how are they today). After they started working on fractals again, though, the difficulty went up significantly. It's not the case of CMs - base Nightmare and Shattered Observatory fractals were already more difficult than any previous fractal (and not by a small amount). Since then we've had no case of a rework that would make something easier (and several that made things more difficult), and only one new fractal that was at the older average difficulty (deepstone - and remember how it was immediately considered to not be an "average" but an "easy" one instead, showing how the perception of t4 difficulty has shifted in the meantime?). And every single case they messed with instabilities it only made them more and more aggravating.

The average difficulty of t4 fractals is now much higher than it was before the release of Chaos. It's just not everyone had noticed, because it is now common to run them in "proper" group compositions, which of course affect the
perceived
difficulty.

The only fractal that really got harder with the rework is swamp. The rest is easier or longer after the rework but not harder.Deepstone was considered easy because it was not average at the time of release. It is significantly easier than something in the middle like Vulcanic or Thaumanova.

Instabilities were advertised as something that changes how the fractals play. Very few actually accomplish that goal...

@"Miellyn.6847" said:The only fractal that really got harder with the rework is swamp.Swamp and Aquatic. Mai Trin could be said to be that as well. Rework to Molten Duo didn't make it harder, but it sure made it longer. Few other cases were quite balanced in what they added and removed.The only rework that made the fractal actually easier and less tedious was removal of clown car fight from Underground, and that happened way, way before the time i was talking about.Deepstone was considered easy because it was not average at the time of release.Yes. At the time of release - isn't that the very point i was making? By the time Deepstone got released, Anet managed to shift the "average" difficulty tier way up.

Instabilities were advertised as something that changes how the fractals play. Very few actually accomplish that goal...Oh, but they do change how the fractals play. They can change a smooth run into something people would ragequit from. Although the main change i have noticed is that they make fractals less fun - and somehow i doubt that was the intention.

Before the rework with Heart of Thorns Fractals were considerably harder. Going to higher tiers was almost impossible due to high agony damage (stacking Guardians for the Tome Heal was a way to bypass that damage). Almost every mob at higher tiers was the equivalent to a champion mob that could one-shot anyone, while taking a great amount of time to beat. Those problems were all fixed with Heart of Thorns and made higher level Fractals considerably easier.

As for reworks, Thaumanova rework turned it into a joke, both the ooze and the reactor parts used to be hard now they are much easier. The elemental fight in Snowblind was made considerably easier with the rework, although the last boss encounter was made harder with more enemies and mechanics, but the boss itself got considerably easier (less health and much less damage). Underground got so many changes too, used to be the "cheese it in a corner otherwise you die" Fractal, now it's doable without corner tactics. And I'm sure you all remember Cliffside before they reworked or at least you should, it was a royal pain running between the two arm seals to hit them... oh and the original Jade Sea boss was so fun -not.

Also, with Heart of Thorns they made multiple new versions for old Fractals to be the new T1 (newbie) versions. For example in T1 Cliffside you skip some of the climbing parts so it's faster and easier after Heart of Thorns. Aetherblade Fractal was changed too in T1 as they removed the laser room. And of course many others that I forget now.

Overall, with Heart of Thorns and the updates afterwards there was enough effort by the developers to lower the difficulty of fractals significantly, either by making T1 versions that lacked mechanics and even whole encounters or by simply making mobs deal much less damage and having much lower health pools. In general they made fractals more about mechanics and less about passive damage/health, which led to all of them becoming easier to a certain extend. What's puzzling is at the same time they released new fractals that were more challenging than the old ones, which created a rather large gap.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Before the rework with Heart of Thorns Fractals were considerably harder. Going to higher tiers was almost impossible due to high agony damage (stacking Guardians for the Tome Heal was a way to bypass that damage). Almost every mob at higher tiers was the equivalent to a champion mob that could one-shot anyone, while taking a great amount of time to beat. Those problems were all fixed with Heart of Thorns and made higher level Fractals considerably easier.Most of the changes you think of happened way earlier, at the Fractured update. Agony effect was slowly decreased with each Ascended gear introduced, with full set available long before HoT arrived.HoT changes were mainly about changing to fractal structure (100 levels instead of 50, but with the same difficulty spread, individual fractals instead of sets of 4) and rewards.The one change that actually made things easier (toughness rescaling) was done not to make things easier, but to make power classes useful again at higher fractals and not have them be overshadowed by condi dps.

As for reworks, Thaumanova rework turned it into a joke, both the ooze and the reactor parts used to be hard now they are much easier. The elemental fight in Snowblind was made considerably easier with the rework, although the last boss encounter was made harder with more enemies and mechanics, but the boss itself got considerably easier (less health and much less damage). Underground got so many changes too, used to be the "cheese it in a corner otherwise you die" Fractal, now it's doable without corner tactics. And I'm sure you all remember Cliffside before they reworked or at least you should, it was a royal pain running between the two arm seals to hit them... oh and the original Jade Sea boss was so fun -not.

In most of the cases you mentioned any change for the easier in one part of the fractal was balanced by making it harder somewhere else. The main Underground changes that made it easier happened way before HoT. I might be willing to agree with Thaumanova, but honestly, i remember it being hard only at one point in history when, due to one of the many instability reworks, one of the thaumanova tiers got some ridiculous instability combo that made the final fight a real pain (iirc it was "enemies get buffs when you land a crit attack on them" with some other defensive instability, which made the Anomaly be in the perma state of having all boons. Including protection, regen, retal and stability).

Overall, with Heart of Thorns and the updates afterwards there was enough effort by the developers to lower the difficulty of fractals significantly, either by making T1 versions that lacked mechanics and even whole encounters or by simply making mobs deal much less damage and having much lower health pools. In general they made fractals more about mechanics and less about passive damage/health, which led to all of them becoming easier to a certain extend. What's puzzling is at the same time they released new fractals that were more challenging than the old ones, which created a rather large gap.

With updates afterwards they continued to release fractals at or above the top difficulty tier, and reworking those at the bottom to make them harder. Remember swamp, that got moved in one rework from being among the two easiest fractals to be one of the hardest (at the point when that change happened)? Remember maybe, what was the other easiest fractal, and what has ultimately happened with it?Yeah, last few years of fractals were dedicated to making them harder on average. Not easier. And that was a trend that continued to the very last update we've had in fractals.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Most of the changes you think of happened way earlier, at the Fractured update.

Nope they did not, Snowblind, Thaumanova, Underground and Cliffside were tweaked (and made easier) after Heart of Thorns was released. Fractured did not include many updates to the actual Fractals, it added instabilities and added the boss run at the end of the 3-fractal runs. No changes made to actual fractals, those happened with Heart of Thorns and after Heart of Thorns.

Remember swamp, that got moved in one rework from being among the two easiest fractals to be one of the hardest (at the point when that change happened)?

Yes because Swamp was way too easy, they reduced the difficulty of most -release- fractals with the exceptions of Volcanic and Uncategorized, and they increased the difficulty in swamp and underwater (the two easiest fractals), sounds fair to me.

Yeah, last few years of fractals were dedicated to making them harder on average.

They made most of the old fractals way easier over the last few years. The new Fractals they added were usually on the harder side, but the old fractals that were available on release generally dropped in difficulty significantly.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Most of the changes you think of happened way earlier, at the Fractured update.

Nope they did not, Snowblind, Thaumanova, Underground and Cliffside were tweaked (and made easier) after Heart of Thorns was released.That's your take on it. I happen to disagree. While the changes to those fractals didn't make them significantly harder, they didn't make them easier either.

Fractured did not include many updates to the actual Fractals, it added instabilities and added the boss run at the end of the 3-fractal runs. No changes made to actual fractals, those happened with Heart of Thorns and after Heart of Thorns.It capped the fractal levels at 50 as well. The "it was hard to pass to further levels due to agony" case was pretty much removed by it, and more available ascended gear. Way before HoT was even announced. It was around that time that most changes to underground happened, though.

Remember swamp, that got moved in one rework from being among the two easiest fractals to be one of the hardest (at the point when that change happened)?

Yes because Swamp was way too easy, they reduced the difficulty of most -release- fractals with the exceptions of Volcanic and Uncategorized, and they increased the difficulty in swamp and underwater (the two easiest fractals), sounds fair to me.They increased the difficulty of the easiest fractals. They shuffled those in the middle around, without actually changing their average difficulty level. They left those at the top untouched. They introduced several fractals at and above the top. The end result was quite obviously the shift
up
not down.

Yeah, last few years of fractals were dedicated to making them harder on average.

They made most of the old fractals way easier over the last few years. The new Fractals they added were usually on the harder side, but the old fractals that were available on release generally dropped in difficulty significantly.Nope. The "drop in difficulty" you see is only due to the change in the
people
running them. Those that are still running them got better/more used to the content, and started using better team compositions (which they didn't need to do before, btw). Those that didn't adapt stopped playing. Thus, the relative difficulty compared to the average skill of remaining fractal community might have dropped down, but the actual difficulty level did
not
. It went up.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:They increased the difficulty of the easiest fractals. They shuffled those in the middle around, without actually changing their average difficulty level. They left those at the top untouched. They introduced several fractals at and above the top. The end result was quite obviously the shift up not down.

Good. The "Easiest fractals" were so easy that they demanded an upgrade in difficulty/challenge, remember "Swamp of the Mists"? And the situation with Molten Boss after that. Baseline of Fractal difficulty needs to be established so all of their difficulty begins at an acceptably high level (especially for T4s). It's really silly to have a T4 fractal that is easier/faster than a T2 version. Now you are gonna say that the baseline fractal difficulty should be as low as old Swamp but I'd just disagree with that. Of course the opposite should be true for lower tiers, as some of the end fractals at T1 are still harder than most T2 fractals and need a rework too. Some baseline fractal difficulty is required for all tiers.

Now although I say they decreased the difficulty of most old fractals, I agree with the way they dropped the difficulty/challenge level. Some of the changes they did were done to remove annoying artificial difficulty. For example, making the floor panels at the end boss of Thaumanova Reactor "solid" so it's easier to see the boss's attacks reduced the challenge of that boss, but it was more of a QoL change that was NEEDED, as trying to figure out which floor panel to stand on (while it's semi-transparent) was the wrong kind of challenge.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:They increased the difficulty of the easiest fractals. They shuffled those in the middle around, without actually changing their average difficulty level. They left those at the top untouched. They introduced several fractals at and above the top. The end result was quite obviously the shift
up
not down.

Good. The "Easiest fractals" were so easy that they demanded an upgrade in difficulty/challenge, remember "Swamp of the Mists"? And the situation with Molten Boss after that. Baseline of Fractal difficulty needs to be established so all of their difficulty begins at an acceptably high level (especially for T4s). It's really silly to have a T4 fractal that is easier/faster than a T2 version. Now you are gonna say that the baseline fractal difficulty should be as low as old Swamp but I'd just disagree with that. Of course the opposite should be true for lower tiers, as some of the end fractals at T1 are still harder than most T2 fractals and need a rework too. Some baseline fractal difficulty is required for all tiers.At this moment i am not debating "how it should be" - especially since i know that it is a highly subjective matter, and one we're in disagreement on. I am merely bringing out facts - and the facts is that the average difficulty of fractals went up in the last years. The "easiest fractals" that got changed might have been at the wrong difficulty level to you, but nevertheless they were part of a bigger picture and something that impacted the average difficulty level. Changing them, without making corresponding changes at the opposite level (in fact, while also
increasing
the difficulty at the opposite end by adding fractals like Nightmale, SO, or Oasis), definitely changed what the average difficulty is now. So did the reworks of instabilities.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Changing them, without making corresponding changes at the opposite level (in fact, while also increasing the difficulty at the opposite end by adding fractals like Nightmale, SO, or Oasis), definitely changed what the average difficulty is now. So did the reworks of instabilities.

Good, increasing the average difficulty of Fractals is a good thing because at the same time they increased the rewards of Fractals by a whole lot. The other solution would've been to make a T5 or something like that but I'm not sure that option was very good. Judging by the average rewards of current fractals they definitely needed to be brought in line -on average- Those that find T4s hard can always go back and play T3s or lower, they'll get the rewards they used to get back before this average difficulty increase.

For me the problem is the Fractal itself, it needs a rework, too many mobs, even compared to other Fractals, Dungeons, Raids, etc.

1= They put out the most annoying conditions in the game, chill, slow, cripple, there are times when you all 3 at the same time, not to mention the others, and that's without Afflicted, the other Fracs that have "mob spam", like Urban Battlegrounds, Oasis, Facility, etc do not have this condi problem, at most i see a cripple and burning here and there.

2= They are all veteran and elite, the rally mechanic is completely disabled for who knows what reason, i believe this is the only place in the entire game were it does not work.And they don't give loot, not even trash, every other Frac with mob spam, they give lot (except U. Facility i believe), some years ago, i was doing Urban Battleground, and one guy in our group got frigin Dusk when we were killing the mobs on the path to the courtyward, dude even gave 20g to everyone in the party to "share the luck", you don't have that in Siren's, lots of useless mobs that don't even rally you.

For me the problem is not the instabilities, more the frigin add spam, also tbh, i think instabs like Social Awkwardness, Flux Bomb, Mist Convergence, Vindicators, are the best ones in the game, and the ones that really represent what a instability should be, the fractal really "changing" in front of your eyes and you having to adapt, different from stuff like frailty, outflanked, sugar rush, etc, where it's just some numbers changing and now "enemies deal way more damage lelelelel".

Necro is bad... looking for every thing else but necro.....In comes Sirens Reef one fractal where the aoe multi target cleave and boon strip of necro really excels and people dont think to take them there making the clear much easier. ;) When we did it with my groups its often not Social awkwardness that made us rage.We bleed fire is far worse because everything you hit spews burning along side the boss procs. Thats the only time we ever skipped this fractal.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Sure, in theory. In practice however all those people simply stopped playing fractals. Which i am sure was perfectly fine /s

(by the way, rewards were increased before the average difficulty started going up)

Stop using common sense jeez, dont you know one has to apply backwards logic? /s

Seriously though, people who think that the game doesnt need to adapt to what the majority of the games players skill level is is a problem. The DPS gap in skill levels is getting more and more absurd from what ive seen over the years too.(and i really think anet needs to sit down and re-adjust the entire games balance, start over completely.) as it is, the middle ground content that i enjoy like you said is non existent, everything in game is either to easy or to hard for the common player and its an issue.

Its funny how I smoothly run CMs + T4s with my static, and once we hit Sirens Reef, there is an ocassional wipe or two because of the amount of adds that spawns at some point.

SA is not really a problem there, but the other instab definitely are, like sugar rush or afflicted.