Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Fire Attunement.9835

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Just macro mirage, ur personal skill will be increased 300%.Behave like a lamer, u will be very effective if u play towards low effort builds that can be macroed.Macro's on mesmer burst? Pressing 3 buttons one after another ... need a macros.... rip brain cells.

Macro + wpe, u would surprised how many are using it not only for mesmers.

Gw2 needs no brain cells for a player to look like an amazing player, reason pvp players halve no credit like gw1 pvp players had.Who even need macros in this casual game? What is hard to that can make you use it? How can you prove they actually use macros? If you could, wouldnt they be banned?

@Odik.4587 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Just macro mirage, ur personal skill will be increased 300%.Behave like a lamer, u will be very effective if u play towards low effort builds that can be macroed.Macro's on mesmer burst? Pressing 3 buttons one after another ... need a macros.... rip brain cells.

Gw2 needs no brain cells for a player to look like an amazing player, reason pvp players halve no credit like gw1 pvp players had.Who even need macros in this casual game? What is hard to that can make you use it? How can you prove they actually use macros? If you could, wouldnt they be banned?

It’s a simple low skill casual game that helps players on offense, and who would care if they are doing that if the ladder itself it is a complete joke?Btw players glitching LoS, as some dev said on the old forum, “as players improving themselves”.

U can do anything in this game w/o being punished, just don’t abuse it.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

It’s a simple low skill casual game that helps players on offense, and who would care if they are doing that if the ladder itself it is a complete joke?
Btw players glitching LoS, as some dev said on the old forum, “as players improving themselves”.

U can do anything in this game w/o being punished, just don’t abuse it.What is this? Never heard of since I didnt play for a long time xD(im just looking at the forum just to kill time :P)

@Zetsuei.8942 said:It doesn't matter how many times you buff shades for Scourges, the player not being considered a shade limits what the class can do in every aspect of the game. No other class has to jump through so many hoops just to access their offensive/defensive potential. Imagine if banners/druid spirits had a circular range of 300 and you only got those buffs if you're standing on top of them. Before you do any more changes to shades you need to revert the last nerf and go from there.

Apparently they decided to ADD more nerfs this time around as well, so I doubt they will be fixing anything soon. Sign of a dying game IMO - this sort of philosophy is clearly meant to make people play musical chairs with character types and equipment to generate sales, but most gamers are getting wise to the psychological manipulation by game companies and tend to just quit instead.

• Confused 1

@Spook.5847 said:

@Zetsuei.8942 said:It doesn't matter how many times you buff shades for Scourges, the player not being considered a shade limits what the class can do in every aspect of the game. No other class has to jump through so many hoops just to access their offensive/defensive potential. Imagine if banners/druid spirits had a circular range of 300 and you only got those buffs if you're standing on top of them. Before you do any more changes to shades you need to revert the last nerf and go from there.

Apparently they decided to ADD more nerfs this time around as well, so I doubt they will be fixing anything soon. Sign of a dying game IMO - this sort of philosophy is clearly meant to make people play musical chairs with character types and equipment to generate sales, but most gamers are getting wise to the psychological manipulation by game companies and tend to just quit instead.

I don't agree with your statement that adding nerfs is the sign of a dying game.Powercreep is running rampant right now. The nerfs serve to alleviate this, and hopefully get rid of it.

@Ghos.1326 said:

I don't agree with your statement that adding nerfs is the sign of a dying game.Powercreep is running rampant right now. The nerfs serve to alleviate this, and hopefully get rid of it.

People love to play and fight non gimmick builds, make them look good.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"Zetsuei.8942" said:It doesn't matter how many times you buff shades for Scourges, the player not being considered a shade limits what the class can do in every aspect of the game. No other class has to jump through so many hoops just to access their offensive/defensive potential. Imagine if banners/druid spirits had a circular range of 300 and you only got those buffs if you're standing on top of them. Before you do any more changes to shades you need to revert the last nerf and go from there.

Seriously, people kept complaining about power creep and some of the especs being too strong compared to the core ones, but now bringing them back in line is suddenly "a sign of a dying game"? I'm confused about his logic.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Zetsuei.8942" said:It doesn't matter how many times you buff shades for Scourges, the player not being considered a shade limits what the class can do in every aspect of the game. No other class has to jump through so many hoops just to access their offensive/defensive potential. Imagine if banners/druid spirits had a circular range of 300 and you only got those buffs if you're standing on top of them. Before you do any more changes to shades you need to revert the last nerf and go from there.

Seriously, people kept complaining about power creep and some of the especs being too strong compared to the core ones, but now bringing them back in line is suddenly "a sign of a dying game"? I'm confused about his logic.

Because anet never wanted the especs to be what most of them are right now "Upgrades that give you no reason to go back to playing what came before them"They wanted them to be new ways to play the same profession without making them just out right better/ stronger in every way.

They are trying to correct this problem and make it so that the elites or more or less no stronger than the base professions at least in pvp they just offer new mechanics to that profession exchange for losing something from the core profession. But each should be more or less equal in strength in their own rights.

Ideally the elites should have been what the mounts are from a design aspectEach mount is unique but not overly better than any other as an overall each mount still has its unique purpose and offers a different movement benefit at the cost of some other attribute. If sky scale was as fast as roller on the ground and as fast as griffon in the air you would have no reason to use the other mounts ever again... this is what has happened to some of the elites and part of what they are trying to undo with this patch.

The other reason for the patch would be a fresh start and getting a standard on things like

• cc skills
  • defensive cooldowns
  • standard damage modifier that scales from 0.01 up to a max of 2.0 (this one was important)

This patch will set a more modern standard in place as their old one was far out of date and likely not even being used anymore for pvp balance

The last reason would be my guess to slow the darn game down just a lil bit its way too fast now. It was fast action back when it launched imo and its only gotten several times faster since then. There has a to be a limit you dont cross before its just brainless button massing because the game lets that work and we were riding that line imo.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Because anet never wanted the especs to be what most of them are right now "Upgrades that give you no reason to go back to playing what came before them"They wanted them to be new ways to play the same profession without making them just out right better/ stronger in every way.

They are trying to correct this problem and make it so that the elites or more or less no stronger than the base professions at least in pvp they just offer new mechanics to that profession exchange for losing something from the core profession. But each should be more or less equal in strength in their own rights.

...I don't think you understood my post if you think I need that explanation. ;)

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

...I don't think you understood my post if you think I need that explanation. ;)

wow i clicked the wrong person my mbad lololol fail... but yes my comment was more for spook not you my bad :astonished: