Fear spam core necro is broken AF

Ovark.2514

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:staff 5 is not easy to notice, in fact it just instantly fears you
after the cast is finished.

LOL8/8 meme

Its the only staff animation where the necromancer points the staff at the marks location instead of waving their hand.This is true for both male and female animations as well as all races in the game. The fear mark also i think is the only one that has a bit of a smoky visual effect coming from the green marking on the ground.

Every single other mark will always result in the wave of the necromancers off hand while the fear mark specifically points the thes staff at the target location of of the mark. (or always forward in the event you place the mark behind you while running away)

Oddly enough Its easier to notice than alot of other staff profession skills that often inflict some kind of cc.Rev staff 5 is kind of just instant you just kind of have to have a gut feeling on when they are going to try and use or combo the skill and 90% of the time you can guess correctly.Mesmer staff 5 is just extremely hard to see when its cast considering its cast time is only 1/4th of a second you will almost never being able to actively react to it being dropped directly on you luckily the cc it applies is not very strong.

So in all honestly from the common staff skills in the game that do inflict cc Reaper's Mark is one of the easiest to visually see from a technical standpoint.

Nah, staff 5 is slightly different. it starts with same hand animation but ends with staff swing. Realistically you wont dodge it.Truth be told i think you should be watching more closely at the staff instead of the hand but i dont think the animations are the same at all. The cast time is 3/4 of a second which is doable in being able to dodge it probably not every time but it certainly wont be a promised hit every time for someone who is looking for it.

Problem is that all the fears necro has dont really have tells.shround is instant, ring is 1/4s cast time, staff 5 does have cast time but you wont reactively dodge it realisticallyI dont agree with thisCore shroud, Kind of has a tell the fact that you entered shroud is no doubt that the fear might come but ill give you this one for really not having a tell as the cast time on doom is instant. That said its single target, 1 use, and the only cc skill in the shroud kit.Reaper, Has a tell as infusing terror procs before the fear can be usedScourge, shade skills all have tells now.Reapers mark has the odd staff animation and the visual effect on the mark itselfSpectral ring.... is well the ring itself is the tell.

Im sorry if you think the ring is not a tell but if you are in the middle of it or outside it you wont be feared. Only if you cross its edge in some way. Even if it had a tell that would make it worse when its placed on you as you would try to dodge due to seeing the tell (the ring cannot be dodged though without stability) which would result in likely dodging into its edge and getting feared while wasting an evade.

Ideally most fears are fine and if fears were effects that could not be removed by condition cleanse i might agree with you that they could use more tell but so long as they have 2x the counters of standard cc's i think they are possibly even a bit weak for what they are right now. In truth 9s fear chains are not realistic unless the target is giving themselves pulsing stab and the necro lands all converts and blows a ton of resources. Or unless 1 person is fighting 2 necromancers but then again fighting 2 any class at the same time will make anything those 2 do far stronger than a single person doing it. If 2 tempest come out of nowhere and double lighting overload and aura spam you to death does it mean that overloads auras are spam-able and should be nerfed no... not really.

even getting 4 seconds of fear as i said earlier is not all that uncommon to what other professions can do with hard stuns most stuns, knock downs, etc can keep a person inactive for 2 seconds using 2 of them back to back can keep a person locked down for 4 seconds when timed properly i dont see the issue for something that has 2x as many counters as those other options.

meh im not mad at necro tbh, if anything i would change about it is give HEAVY tell on staff 5 ( i would give same treatment on all skills, for example big demon apearing above caster when used )I mean if staff 5 needs that heavy of a tell then we need to reevaluate a lot of cc skills in general which would need even heavier tells which at that point is just making a lot of visual noise. There are sadly much bigger offenders of cc with even less tell than Reaper's Mark in the game that can be just as if not more effective than Reaper's Mark.im not running into fear ring, what happens is that fear ring is cast under you so nothing you can do about it but cleanse.I mean technically speaking you could put on stability and just run through the ring especially if you use a skill that only gives you 1 stack as the stack would be removed before it has a real chance to be converted converted Spell breakers do this all the time with Full counter.Oh and change some of the corrupts, 10s cripple is just too muchIts probably like this because necro itself lacks movement so it tosses out heavier amounts of cripple than other professions than normal. Cripple use to be much more effective than it is right now. IF the game ever reverted that change i would agree durations need to be reduced but as it is right now prob leave it alone.

the way I see it alot of boons going to be nerfed.taking mesmer as an example I can see things like this happenhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chaotic_Dampening to go from 4s to 3s.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metaphysical_Rejuvenation to go from 10s to 8s.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewing_Oasis to go from 4s to 3s.simply an example of boon removal across the board, if something like this happens, corrupt need to be nerfed along with it.Fear ring, i dont have problem with the aoe, its just put under you so you dont even get the chance to dodge/get stab.Ring itself is fine zoning tool, expecially when combined with proper kiting, good for quick CC, good for self peel, good for allies peel.And its counter ( stability ) is counter by necro due to corrupts. strong skill with class synergy. Give it proper animation.Its not just necro, I want this for all classes, Engi is big offender too. Mesmer pistol 5 is a problem too, animation is very subtle.Flower the flashy bits of less important skills, at least in pvp, and add it to Important ones.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:staff 5 is not easy to notice, in fact it just instantly fears you
after the cast is finished.

LOL8/8 meme

Its the only staff animation where the necromancer points the staff at the marks location instead of waving their hand.This is true for both male and female animations as well as all races in the game. The fear mark also i think is the only one that has a bit of a smoky visual effect coming from the green marking on the ground.

Every single other mark will always result in the wave of the necromancers off hand while the fear mark specifically points the thes staff at the target location of of the mark. (or always forward in the event you place the mark behind you while running away)

Oddly enough Its easier to notice than alot of other staff profession skills that often inflict some kind of cc.Rev staff 5 is kind of just instant you just kind of have to have a gut feeling on when they are going to try and use or combo the skill and 90% of the time you can guess correctly.Mesmer staff 5 is just extremely hard to see when its cast considering its cast time is only 1/4th of a second you will almost never being able to actively react to it being dropped directly on you luckily the cc it applies is not very strong.

So in all honestly from the common staff skills in the game that do inflict cc Reaper's Mark is one of the easiest to visually see from a technical standpoint.

Nah, staff 5 is slightly different. it starts with same hand animation but ends with staff swing. Realistically you wont dodge it.Truth be told i think you should be watching more closely at the staff instead of the hand but i dont think the animations are the same at all. The cast time is 3/4 of a second which is doable in being able to dodge it probably not every time but it certainly wont be a promised hit every time for someone who is looking for it.

Problem is that all the fears necro has dont really have tells.shround is instant, ring is 1/4s cast time, staff 5 does have cast time but you wont reactively dodge it realisticallyI dont agree with thisCore shroud, Kind of has a tell the fact that you entered shroud is no doubt that the fear might come but ill give you this one for really not having a tell as the cast time on doom is instant. That said its single target, 1 use, and the only cc skill in the shroud kit.Reaper, Has a tell as infusing terror procs before the fear can be usedScourge, shade skills all have tells now.Reapers mark has the odd staff animation and the visual effect on the mark itselfSpectral ring.... is well the ring itself is the tell.

Im sorry if you think the ring is not a tell but if you are in the middle of it or outside it you wont be feared. Only if you cross its edge in some way. Even if it had a tell that would make it worse when its placed on you as you would try to dodge due to seeing the tell (the ring cannot be dodged though without stability) which would result in likely dodging into its edge and getting feared while wasting an evade.

Ideally most fears are fine and if fears were effects that could not be removed by condition cleanse i might agree with you that they could use more tell but so long as they have 2x the counters of standard cc's i think they are possibly even a bit weak for what they are right now. In truth 9s fear chains are not realistic unless the target is giving themselves pulsing stab and the necro lands all converts and blows a ton of resources. Or unless 1 person is fighting 2 necromancers but then again fighting 2 any class at the same time will make anything those 2 do far stronger than a single person doing it. If 2 tempest come out of nowhere and double lighting overload and aura spam you to death does it mean that overloads auras are spam-able and should be nerfed no... not really.

even getting 4 seconds of fear as i said earlier is not all that uncommon to what other professions can do with hard stuns most stuns, knock downs, etc can keep a person inactive for 2 seconds using 2 of them back to back can keep a person locked down for 4 seconds when timed properly i dont see the issue for something that has 2x as many counters as those other options.

meh im not mad at necro tbh, if anything i would change about it is give HEAVY tell on staff 5 ( i would give same treatment on all skills, for example big demon appearing above caster when used )im not running into fear ring, what happens is that fear ring is cast under you so nothing you can do about it but cleanse.Oh and change some of the corrupts, 10s cripple is just too much

personally until they really nerf other classes and compensate somehow for lack of effective tools it needs to stay. Necro Atm needs more tools updated to keep up because the game has become faster-paced, and mobility has left necro in the dust being so slow and lagging behind, and since we got superspeed and quickness from multiple classes, necro needs a way to slow them down to their level so they level the playing field.

In my opinion unless they really nerf other classes cc and mobility, it should stay for that reason.