Snow Drifter/Frozen Footrace Annual Achievement

Titus.7694

I am having trouble getting this achievement, I have a regular mount (no masteries yet). I feel like I am always just seconds away from getting to the goal.

Any suggestions/shortcusts/ideas.

I have also tried by foot but the timing is worst, I feel like with my mount is an easier goal to achieve.

Thank you for the help!Ray

For the foot race one, you pretty much need perma swiftness (or the mastery). Classes with movement skills, such a shortbow on thief, are useful. Dodges forward also help you cover more distance. I got it with like 15 seconds to spare.

For the mount, use raptor while doing leaps when you have at least half your endurance. The mastery does help but I don't think it's necessary. There's also the possibility of swapping mounts which could save time but I've never personally done this.

• 11 months later...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:For the foot race one, you pretty much need perma swiftness (or the mastery). Classes with movement skills, such a shortbow on thief, are useful. Dodges forward also help you cover more distance. I got it with like 15 seconds to spare.

I did it on two accounts, in both cases with an SB thief with full Pact Commander trait line, Signet of Shadows and a speed buff. On both runs I discovered as soon as I dodged that I'd traited to something other than a standard dodge, and retraited as I was running along. Both times I was between the final checkpoint and the finish at 4 minutes - oodles of time to spare.