Remove Public from (event) strike mission

Virdo.1540

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:@Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

read over the topic again.I've read it. The topic is you trying to decide for
other
players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:@Virdo.1540 is "lfg" system implementing some kind of anti-afk/leeching system I'm not aware of?It's literally "just another way to get inside", nothing more. Apparently you don't use it so it NEEDS to be deleted from the game. That makes no sense.

other
players how they should play the game. All that, when the solution for the stated problem ("queuing for public isn't fun for me") is already easily accessible for you - just not queue for public and use lfg (or static) instead.

All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

@Virdo.1540 said:

other

All i said its just ruining the fun for those who really use it when they play with others that troll those without break, or just stand afk to leech.

Public Modes mean most of the time "feel free to leech" for at least 2 people each run

And if people have a problem with that, the solution already exists.

It's not that people here don't understand you, so you don't need to patronize them with 'read topic again'. You're just not listening.

@Obtena.7952 said:

other

It's not that people here don't understand you, so you don't need to patronize them with 'read topic again'. You're just not listening.

it was just that i didnt meant to implement an anti-afk system in the lfg system when i said that

@Virdo.1540 said:

other

it was just that i didnt meant to implement an anti-afk system in the lfg system when i said that

So if you didn't mean to implement an anti-afk system, why are you arguing so much with people when they tell you the solution to avoid leechers in public events for this content already exists?

@Virdo.1540 said:

other

If you don't like it then don't use it, what is your problem??

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is simple: Do not play the content you don't enjoy.We have been telling people to stay out of raids for years if they can not abide by the rules and requirements or aren't part of the target audience.Going by that logic: Don't join public Strike Missions (or any Strike Missions) if you do not enjoy them. That's what I do. Couldn't care less about them but I am happy for anyone who enjoys them as part of their target audience.

@Henry.5713 said:It is simple: Do not play the content you don't enjoy.We have been telling people to stay out of raids for years if they can not abide by the rules and requirements or aren't part of the target audience.Going by that logic: Don't join public Strike Missions (or any Strike Missions) if you do not enjoy them. That's what I do. Couldn't care less about them but I am happy for anyone who enjoys them as part of their target audience.

the problem is that many people are doing it for the first or second time, and wont enjoy it either if the group is filled up with afk leechers.

@"Virdo.1540" said:Doing the strike mission with some innocent players together with dumb players that are just going to leech until the end, is complete garbage. Please remove the "public" option from this. Its killing the fun it once had.

Yeah. I sort of agree. Any time i've done public anything it's been garbage. Snow man, strikes, you name it. I think it's because players that haven't discovered the LFG tool also haven't discovered decent builds yet. And while not all players who use lfg tool are competent, there's usually enough who are to carry the few who aren't. Like i didn't kick the guy who said he was new when doing bone skinner strike and admitted he didn't know what he was doing, even though i knew it was hard. Thankfully, we eventually won out.

@"Virdo.1540" said:the problem is that many people are doing it for the first or second time, and wont enjoy it either if the group is filled up with afk leechers.

Well to be fair that's how the Open World also works, go to any big meta event and you will find more than enough afk leechers. They just need to kill a single mob during the meta and get full participation, maybe kill another one to "refresh" the timer if it takes too long. That's nothing new to the game so I'm not sure there will be a problem with their enjoyment

Just went to the Celestial Challenge and as expected it's full of afk or semi-afk people.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Virdo.1540" said:Doing the strike mission with some innocent players together with dumb players that are just going to leech until the end, is complete garbage. Please remove the "public" option from this. Its killing the fun it once had.

Finally started to look in to strike missions since misguided Anet decided to put some achieves and Mastery behind them. And this is the 1st thread I hit. And you wonder why the "public" don't want to be forced in to playing just to get a mastery point.