Fix Flame Blast

santenal.1054

@"Chaith.8256" said:I've been suggesting for years to make Flame Blast the way it is now, a ground targeted blast with roll-through damage, exactly the way Elementalist's Phoenix is.

I'm a fan, I don't see a lot wrong here. It doesn't have to have a long-range chase or power damage to be 'fixed!'

Phoenix has 300 more range and returns. The roll through path is also quite a bit wider on Phoenix (more likely to hit) (the camera angle isn't the same, but I Think the footage shows that what I am claiming is true, no?). How that skill works is significantly superior over Flame Blast. If flame blast worked like that, then I could get over the fact that I can't manually detonate anymore.

@santenal.1054 said:Phoenix has 300 more range and returns.How that skill works is superior over Flame Blast.

I know, what is your point? No sense in a pointless cross profession comparison - the Phoenix is more user friendly and its good that flame blast has inherited the more user friendly tech.

How quick to forget the old flame blast was being absorbed into walls and all the detonating bugs

@Chaith.8256 said:

@santenal.1054 said:Phoenix has 300 more range and returns.How that skill works is superior over Flame Blast.

I know, what is your point? No sense in a pointless cross profession comparison - the Phoenix is more user friendly and its good that flame blast has inherited the more user friendly tech.

How quick to forget the old flame blast was being absorbed into walls and all the detonating bugs

The detonating bug (where in some instances, you couldn't even detonate it, and had to wait 5+ extra seconds until the skill went on cd) was one of the biggest reasons why I wanted the change to Flame Blast to be as it is now. I think they should either expand the roll-through effect, or get rid of it entirely and combine it all into its blast once it reaches its targeted area.For the most part though, I love the FT 2 change.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"santenal.1054" said:Phoenix has 300 more range and returns.How that skill works is superior over Flame Blast.

You asked for a "ground targeted blast with roll-through damage", but the roll-through damage path is so narrow it hardly even mathers it exists when used against moving targets (unlike with phoenix ). I just wanted to point that out because maybe you didn't notice that fact. (I'm trying to say that mechanics should be reasonably usable and I dont think that is currently the case with this portion of the skill).Because the skill is now ground targeted , it would be reasonable that they would increase the width to make it more usable or just add the damage to the explosion. (increasing the width is the beter option if you want to reward beter gameplay)

You said :

exactly the way Elementalist's Phoenix is.I (wrongfully) interpreted that as you saying that flame blast works exactly how Phoenix works.

How quick to forget the old flame blast was being absorbed into walls and all the detonating bugsThat bug didn't bother me much and besides, bugs can be fixed (in most cases). I dont ask for the old skill back, I just make suggestions to improve (imo) the current one.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Ghos.1326" said:Sorry, I'll have to chime in here. What you said near the beginning about bomb 1 with no might doing as much damage as an FT auto with 25 might is absolutely false. Several factors play into this.Flamethrower is a unique weapon kit that really benefits off of 2 things: Crit chance and Quickness. High crit chance and high uptime of quickness can really see substantial increases in overall DPS. Because of the nature of the flamethrower entirely really (string of multiple hits that have their own separate crit chances). Not only the direct damage is effected, but the utils that the passive traits in the Firearms trait line offer are affected and increased in potency as well, because of the high crit chance. Which is why I always recommend, with running FT as a hybrid or power weapon, to run Firearms bot-bot-top (High Caliber for the increased crit chance when in range, and No Scope for the fury proc when you crit, which also augments ferocity). The bomb kit does deal high damage, but FT with crits outdamages it by a long shot. I'd try playing around with the aforementioned set up while running Scrapper bot-bot-bot (Mass Momentum for the might while you have stab every second, Object in Motion to better supplement damage increases while you have swiftness, stab, and superspeed, and Applied Force to gain more power while you have quickness while you gain might a or above the threshold).The FT skill 2 change, I agree, was a great QoL change. They just need to now get rid of that whole "rolling through foes" thing and just implement that initial aspects' damage and effect into the explosion part of the skill.Not all Engineer weapons are bad, it's just that the elite specs are currently over the top.

Bombs scale with quickness aswell and they can also crit. The minor bleed in crit is the only trait that will procc more or golden dumplings but who uses them in open world anyways.And like i said. Bombs without might do as much damage as ft with 20-23. Juggernaut is a terrible trait to run. Just try it on golem. Add a strength sigil and you will have 10+ might with just pressing 1 on bombs while running around and they cleave 5 targets. And since you are not running juggernaut you can even swap to other kits/weapons and use good skills together with modified ammunition.I tried multiple builds after this and got way higher results using bombs or hammer. the braindead hammer + gyro build spam all off cd was also much higher than ft with skills. Standard raid holo with just self buffs did also twice the dps of the scrapper build.

I tried to link a photo, Let me know if it works. https://ibb.co/18kJWY6This is from one auto attack with 25 might.