New Player trying to get those max tier sets. How do I obtain them?

Hi guys!

I'm pretty new to the game and I've been trying to figure out on how can I farm as a new player new sets and join in the end game action.I've been looking for some guides that could help me but the only thing I've been doing recently is just by gathering stuff and doing daily quests.I've seen some guides with world boss farming or event farming but there seem to be no people doing it or am I just going to those world bosses that doesn't drop a rare item?I'm pretty lost at this moment considering that almost every guide I watch or read about is pretty old .

At the moment there is a festival so a lot of people are there https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Very_Merry_Wintersday_2019As for getting gears, exotic is good enough for most content. Max tier (ascended) is something you can work towards over time but it is not a requirement for most end game. A skilled player in exotics will easily out perform a non skilled player with maxed out stats.Exotic/Rare gears drops from all content, but to get the gear you want there are better ways, crafting and the tradingpost being the easiest. Ascended gear only drops from certain content but creating is also an option depending on what type of content you want to play.

Gear in this game is a relatively simple system. There are only two things which affect how good it is: the level requirement and the tier, and there's only 6 tiers: common (white), fine (blue), masterwork (green), rare (yellow), exotic (orange) and ascended/legendary (pink/purple). All items with the same level requirement and tier are equally good - so if you craft a level 80 exotic helm and get one from a raid or dungeon they'll have identical stats.

Which means farming for gear as direct drops is pretty rare in this game because it's less reliable and likely to take longer than other methods and has no real benefits. If you happen to get a useful drop that's a nice bonus but if you want something specific (especially a matching set) it's better to either farm gold/materials to craft or or currencies to buy it from vendors.

Depending on what you mean by end-game activities you'll need either exotic (which is relatively cheap and widely available) or ascended (which is more expensive and harder to get). Or if you mean PvP you won't need either because that has an entirely separate system which doesn't use actual gear.

If you can tell us what you're looking for, or what kind of character you want gear for and what activities you're planning to do we can give you advice on the best ways to get it. :)

@Danikat.8537 said:Gear in this game is a relatively simple system. There are only two things which affect how good it is: the level requirement and the tier, and there's only 6 tiers: common (white), fine (blue), masterwork (green), rare (yellow), exotic (orange) and ascended/legendary (pink/purple). All items with the same level requirement and tier are equally good - so if you craft a level 80 exotic helm and get one from a raid or dungeon they'll have identical stats.

Which means farming for gear as direct drops is pretty rare in this game because it's less reliable and likely to take longer than other methods and has no real benefits. If you happen to get a useful drop that's a nice bonus but if you want something specific (especially a matching set) it's better to either farm gold/materials to craft or or currencies to buy it from vendors.

Depending on what you mean by end-game activities you'll need either exotic (which is relatively cheap and widely available) or ascended (which is more expensive and harder to get). Or if you mean PvP you won't need either because that has an entirely separate system which doesn't use actual gear.

If you can tell us what you're looking for, or what kind of character you want gear for and what activities you're planning to do we can give you advice on the best ways to get it. :)

Well, now that you've mentioned it, I guess i just kinda didn't want to feel alone in the game. I'm a team player but I don't know where to start if I were to play with a group.I'm a druid and I just wanna play as a support and do the end game stuff so I can hang out with people. But I'm not entirely sure where most players at right now so I feel so alone in the game as there are a lot of stuff to do.

@raitenshi.7412 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:Gear in this game is a relatively simple system. There are only two things which affect how good it is: the level requirement and the tier, and there's only 6 tiers: common (white), fine (blue), masterwork (green), rare (yellow), exotic (orange) and ascended/legendary (pink/purple). All items with the same level requirement and tier are equally good - so if you craft a level 80 exotic helm and get one from a raid or dungeon they'll have identical stats.

Well, now that you've mentioned it, I guess i just kinda didn't want to feel alone in the game. I'm a team player but I don't know where to start if I were to play with a group.I'm a druid and I just wanna play as a support and do the end game stuff so I can hang out with people. But I'm not entirely sure where most players at right now so I feel so alone in the game as there are a lot of stuff to do.

Join a or multiple guilds. There is a sub forum to help as well. It can take a few attempts to find the right guild to call home, but worth it in the end. It will solve all your endgames problems.

If you want to get to raids, find build for your class (snowcrows or lucky noobs sites for reference).Get exoric armor from tp/dungeons/karma vendors or verdant brink for more rare combinations.Do the knight of the thorn achievment for ascended weapon. You can get other weapons from specialization collections.For ascended trinkets, use lw season 3 (or 4) maps. Especialy bitterfrost is great for that

LFG is your friend - I suggest looking at worldboss/event timers. Those events are where most people flock to, like Tequatl during server reset, or during octovine meta event. Doing map completion or whatever achievement you needed finish does get lonely, in this case joining a guild would be nice. Make friends and do stuff with them.For gear it will come, you'll be at a point that you will be carrying too much extra weapons or armors with you.Find a group to do fractals with, starting with tier 1 and then eventually tier 4. Its a good place to earn gold and do druid support healing.