Core Engi is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

Some fun engi facts:Assuming 3 uses of cc with elixr X, rifle, and toolkit core engi gets roughly 2 hard cc every 10 seconds. Additionally, moa is one of the best aoe cc skills in the game, and has no counterplay.

Using elixir U and kinetic battery, core engi has quickness at roughly 33% uptime.With elixir S, core engi has stealth with roughly 20% uptime

The skill tool kit gives:

• 2s block every 14 seconds
  • A1200 range unblockable cc every 14 seconds
  • A pulsing aoe unblockable cripple on a 5s cooldown
  • 25% vigor uptime
  • A hard hitting smack attack

All for one utility skill

And to top it off they get a longer lasting rampage/tornado on a lower cooldown than the original skills.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Some fun engi facts:Assuming 3 uses of cc with elixr X, rifle, and toolkit core engi gets roughly 2 hard cc every 10 seconds. Additionally, moa is one of the best aoe cc skills in the game, and has no counterplay.

Using elixir U and kinetic battery, core engi has quickness at roughly 33% uptime.With elixir S, core engi has stealth with roughly 20% uptime

• 25% vigor uptime

And to top it off they get a longer lasting rampage/tornado on a lower cooldown than the original skills.

give core engi -300 vitality to balance it out :)

@"GewRoo.4172" said:Additionally Core Engi can hit ezpz 22k from stealth

Sounds like someone got destroyed by a meme core engi build? Generally a good way to see if something is "op" is if everyone and their dog starts playing it (I'm looking at you FB). Theres a reason no one plays core engi

• A pulsing aoe unblockable cripple on a 5s cooldownBox of Nails is op? Really?

• A hard hitting smack atrack

OMG NOT THE SMACK :o

@Engal.6359 said:

@"GewRoo.4172" said:Additionally Core Engi can hit ezpz 22k from stealth

Sounds like someone got destroyed by a meme core engi build? Generally a good way to see if something is "op" is if everyone and their dog starts playing it (I'm looking at you FB). Theres a reason no one plays core engi
  • A pulsing aoe unblockable cripple on a 5s cooldownBox of Nails is op? Really?
  • A hard hitting smack atrack

OMG NOT THE SMACK :o

This whole thread was meant as a sarcastic poke at people claiming other specs are OP, like Firebrand. I don't think anybody genuinely believes core engi is OP.

Dont think core engi with rifle is the best engi spec. For me scrapper wins by a mile. The gyro rework works very well now and you got the hammer which i would say is superior to rifle. In one game i ran a build with menders amulet, cant remember which rune tho, but at the end my stats were 500k dps with 1 milion healing...

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Some fun engi facts:Assuming 3 uses of cc with elixr X, rifle, and toolkit core engi gets roughly 2 hard cc every 10 seconds. Additionally, moa is one of the best aoe cc skills in the game, and has no counterplay.

• 25% vigor uptime

Can I haz this OP build pl0x?A video attached to it on how to use it properly would be also appreciated. Thx

@wasss.1208 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Some fun engi facts:Assuming 3 uses of cc with elixr X, rifle, and toolkit core engi gets roughly 2 hard cc every 10 seconds. Additionally, moa is one of the best aoe cc skills in the game, and has no counterplay.

• 25% vigor uptime

Can I haz this OP build pl0x?A video attached to it on how to use it properly would be also appreciated. Thx

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlZw+YWsLmKe+SarNA-z5gfGNKB6VB4xB

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

• 25% vigor uptime

That looks like an old build from vanilla PvP. Would be fairly decent, although somewhat lacking in the DPS department.