Season is currently ending.

Piney.3076

(taking calming breaths) Please provide an accurate countdown to the end of the season.

It's 6pm. I log on to check my leaderboard. Still 246. 6:15 I'm knocked off the board. Fine I queue. Manage to win a game. Get knocked off board again (again by someone else's win). Start another game looks like a slam dunk, some bullshit wipe getting tranq and we lose. Someone from the other team actually says in general tbh we should not have won that. Pretty mad but there is still time right?

I win the next one but no points. That's weird, the obscure note on reddit said the season ended at reset. Check the pvp screen. Says "Season is currently ending.". Win another, no points. Ok now I'm mad. If you're going to delude your players into wasting their time in pvp, you could at least fix this. Please forgive the rage here but I'm sitting at 1525 when I needed 1526 to get the title for which I've been waiting 18 seasons. And the pvp screen NEVER SAID WHEN THE SEASON ENDED.

Let me suggest you at least change this to THE SEASON IS OVER YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MORE POINTS. Because of all the rage I feel right now, a good chunk of it is deservedly aimed at you, pvp designer. In a game which has so many brilliant usability solutions (crafting is amazing) this is a huge fuck up. Failing that write on the wiki page for some bizarre unintuitive and frankly outright stupid reason, unlike anything else, the pvp season ends 30 minutes before reset.

Better yet, please put in a timer that says exactly when the season ends. You put in a frustrating system that only rewards 250 of the entire population. And you won't remove the titles. You can at least do this.

Side note you could also remove the dancing that promotes the toxic and hateful environment of pvp. Take a note from hockey games. The players are forced to line up, shake hands and say "good game". Instead you let the hateful spawn camping scumbags dance over the bodies of the other team, whether that dancing loser realizes he was carried by his teammates or not. This atmosphere is your design. I know you can do better. Make all this more like the rest of the game, which is excellent.

The season ends exactly when it says. Once it changes to "The season is ending" that means if you started the game before that appeared, you'll still get the points. If you queue after that point, you won't. I get you though, it's a little confusing because it takes quite a bit to change from ending to ended. I agree with everything else besides how you feel about titles.

They removed titles once and tried to replace them with a large potion of pvp reward. Which is an absolute joke for taking the time to get on the leaderboards.

Titles aren't that good of a reward, but they're the best we have. If you promise something too good and exclusive, then people will be more likely to wintrade to get them. If you promise something bland and terrible, less people will play; even less seriously. What really needs to be done is to just ban the wintraders, and make wintrading harder to do. That way we can get a new series of titles without some person and 10 of their alts exploiting and manipulating their way to the top of the leaderboard to get them, then turning around and doing the same thing for their Duo partner the following season, and the highest bidder every season after that.

Idunno. Maybe i'm wrong, but it's just ever so slightly sus when average gold and plat players suddenly jump up and snag top spots with 80-90% winrates, then new titles come and they're right back to where they were originally; replaced by people who'd you'd actually expect to be there.

@"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:Once it changes to "The season is ending" that means if you started the game before that appeared, you'll still get the points. If you queue after that point, you won't. I get you though, it's a little confusing because it takes quite a bit to change from ending to ended. I agree with everything else besides how you feel about titles.

I guess I could post this to the wiki. But even then that still doesn't tell you when that message will appear. So I could post that to the wiki as well (btw for no reason whatsoever the message will appear 30 mins before reset). And props for putting up the wiki. But anet you could also just fix this message. I've been checking it all week and particularly all day expecting it to mention a specific time.

A timer would do it. And particularly for such a frustrating system where you put your players through hell, you could try a little harder on this item. You just got an attempt at a helpful report (if very angry). Disney would fix this.

I feel you. Well, there’s always next season and we should look forwards. Expectations really do nothing but harm us if we don’t meet them.

! There’s small text beneath the Ranked queue button’s “Compete” text that tells you when it ends. For me it showed to be an hour before the daily reset.!! I noticed it just this season since for the past few that I’ve played, there is a tendency to just spam the queue button after leaving a match.

@"Piney.3076" said:(taking calming breaths) Please provide an accurate countdown to the end of the season.

It's 6pm. I log on to check my leaderboard. Still 246. 6:15 I'm knocked off the board. Fine I queue. Manage to win a game. Get knocked off board again (again by someone else's win). Start another game looks like a slam dunk, some kitten wipe getting tranq and we lose. Someone from the other team actually says in general tbh we should not have won that. Pretty mad but there is still time right?

I win the next one but no points. That's weird, the obscure note on reddit said the season ended at reset. Check the pvp screen. Says "Season is currently ending.". Win another, no points. Ok now I'm mad. If you're going to delude your players into wasting their time in pvp, you could at least fix this. Please forgive the rage here but I'm sitting at 1525 when I needed 1526 to get the title for which I've been waiting 18 seasons. And the pvp screen NEVER SAID WHEN THE SEASON ENDED.

Let me suggest you at least change this to THE SEASON IS OVER YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MORE POINTS. Because of all the rage I feel right now, a good chunk of it is deservedly aimed at you, pvp designer. In a game which has so many brilliant usability solutions (crafting is amazing) this is a huge kitten up. Failing that write on the wiki page for some bizarre unintuitive and frankly outright stupid reason, unlike anything else, the pvp season ends 30 minutes before reset.

Better yet, please put in a timer that says exactly when the season ends. You put in a frustrating system that only rewards 250 of the entire population. And you won't remove the titles. You can at least do this.

Side note you could also remove the dancing that promotes the toxic and hateful environment of pvp. Take a note from hockey games. The players are forced to line up, shake hands and say "good game". Instead you let the hateful spawn camping scumbags dance over the bodies of the other team, whether that dancing loser realizes he was carried by his teammates or not. This atmosphere is your design. I know you can do better. Make all this more like the rest of the game, which is excellent.

you waited that long for a title?

Msg me in game or on here i'll help you get top 100 easily next season.

Feelsbadman, also dropped out of the leaderboard about 20 min before the queue locked with 1620 on EU. I played two games afterwards but lost them, both with afkers in my teams from the start. I got really unlucky, but I wish you good luck next season. I will try again for sure. I really like your idea of the countdown.

• 2 months later...

The end of the leaderboard is horribly bugged. Looking at the leaderboard, the last three places on NA are 1528, 1519, 1514. I have 1526 and am not on the leaderboard. The reason, once someone is knocked off the leaderboard they have to play a game to get back on. This isn't decay, it is a bug. The first one to play a game gets back on the board, even though there is a gap to the next spot. If you scroll up the list, there is no gaps like this at all, just at the end, and a little at the top.

Dang 18 seasons of effort, hopefully it works out next time. Ever since they removed duo q then added it again I’d say plat2 on NA is pretty safe for top 250 and in my experience there’s always ppl who climb last minute for any spot whether it’s top 10 or 250, so either get a safe spot before last day or climb early on the last day because yes you stop getting points well before reset. Reset is when they deliver titles and this is just to make sure the leaderboard is stable come title release

Between 1520 and 1550 , rankings are generally very volatile, especially in the last hours. I'm sorry for you, I hope you'll get it next season! I also stopped at a safer spot, did not want to push my luck further, and I already accomplished my initial goal anyway ^^' Totally agree with you for the rest too, I hate the ending screen no matter what side I'm on. Good luck for next season!

@"Piney.3076" said:(taking calming breaths) Please provide an accurate countdown to the end of the season.

It's 6pm. I log on to check my leaderboard. Still 246. 6:15 I'm knocked off the board. Fine I queue. Manage to win a game. Get knocked off board again (again by someone else's win). Start another game looks like a slam dunk, some kitten wipe getting tranq and we lose. Someone from the other team actually says in general tbh we should not have won that. Pretty mad but there is still time right?

Let me suggest you at least change this to THE SEASON IS OVER YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MORE POINTS. Because of all the rage I feel right now, a good chunk of it is deservedly aimed at you, pvp designer. In a game which has so many brilliant usability solutions (crafting is amazing) this is a huge kitten up. Failing that write on the wiki page for some bizarre unintuitive and frankly outright stupid reason, unlike anything else, the pvp season ends 30 minutes before reset.

Or you could do what every one else does. Get to some 1600. Just play 1 game every day 2 days. Let it decay. Play a game on the day more. It's why you see this massive shift in change. One minute you are 120 then suddenly you are 230 a day later. It's because people let it decay in purpose so you can't see their real rank then just jump back up.

So what's your rating at exactly 6pm, and what's ur rating when the season finally ends?

The No.248 on the board has a rating of 1528, and 249 is 1519. It's weird. I had been watching the bottom rating of the board for some days and it would never be discontinuous. So I assume someone lost their last match after 6pm, get rating decreased but keep board rank unchanged. In that case if u were above 1528 after 6pm and not in a match, u would get the title.

The following situations may cause u not getting ur title:

1. U are below 1528 and not in a match at 6pm;
  2. U are above 1528 and in a match at 6pm, then u lost this match, whether u queued another one or not.

However I agree with u about the neccesity of end timers, or at least it should end at excatly GMT 0:00. Think about those who managed to play their last match at excatly GMT 0:00 Dec 21, they would get their rating DECAYED!