Is anyone still running PoF meta trains?

Hesione.9412

If it's in any where near EU times, there will be groups doing HoT metas around the clock during the day and especially during evening prime time.

It is beneficial to consult an event timer though to know which events will be up when. The Tangled Depths into Auric Basin events are done on multiple maps the entire day with often multiple instances closer and during prime time. Dragonstand and Verdant Brink (Verdant Brink least) see full maps closer or only during prime time.

@Cyninja.2954 said:If it's in any where near EU times, there will be groups doing HoT metas around the clock during the day and especially during evening prime time.

It is beneficial to consult an event timer though to know which events will be up when. The Tangled Depths into Auric Basin events are done on multiple maps the entire day with often multiple instances closer and during prime time. Dragonstand and Verdant Brink (Verdant Brink least) see full maps closer or only during prime time.

He's not asking about hot events, he's asking about pof metas that aren't done pretty much every time they're up as opposed to AB/TD.

@"Hesione.9412" seems to be "hit or miss" atm, so you'll probably need to keep trying at the late afternoon, maybe evening times.

• Confused 1

Thanks all. I stayed up late last night (my time) hoping EVA was still doing them, but couldn't see them - or anyone else - in LFG. Xmas and New Years are probably not the best time for me to look, either.Unfortunately, the one I need is Serpent's Ire. I'm finally redeeming that little golem cube in Sandswept Isles, and my progress is blocked until I complete that meta.Thanks for the help. I'll check LFG around reset today.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:If it's in any where near EU times, there will be groups doing HoT metas around the clock during the day and especially during evening prime time.

He's not asking about hot events, he's asking about pof metas that aren't done pretty much every time they're up as opposed to AB/TD.

True, my bad. I didn't read carefully enough.

@"Hesione.9412" said:Thanks all. I stayed up late last night (my time) hoping EVA was still doing them, but couldn't see them - or anyone else - in LFG. Xmas and New Years are probably not the best time for me to look, either.Unfortunately, the one I need is Serpent's Ire. I'm finally redeeming that little golem cube in Sandswept Isles, and my progress is blocked until I complete that meta.Thanks for the help. I'll check LFG around reset today.

Best bet is to probably wait till after the holidays and keep an eye on the LFG for PoF maps. Serpent's Ire did see more play and completion since they changed it, but it is still one of the least played metas (remember though, it is on a timer now: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Serpents%27_Ire).

I don't think Serpent's Ire is really done as often as the other metas due to how long it takes and the other meta on the map only takes 7 min. If going for that meta, you're best option is to do it the first time it's up after daily reset and to check the LFG before it's due to start.

Edit: Looks like it's first up 30 min after reset.

Yes, tried to do it today, but no luck. It is frustrating that Anet lock achievements behind long events that require pretty much a full and organised map to successfully complete, and that have poor rewards and little replayability.I know there have been a number of complaints about the Serpent's Ire meta along these lines. The map tends to be dead unless there's dailies. This has been a problem for months.

@Despond.2174 said:Usual peak times there are a few commanders who always run POF amalgamation pof meta runs.

Maybe there are, but they're still probably going for the other meta event (FwF) instead of the one needed for the collection (SI).

I did that back item collection ~2 months ago and I agree with OP that it's a chore. Needed a few days of checking the map at meta times just to have a failed attempt around day #4 and finally succeed the next day. Aim at late afternoon or evenings friday/saturday. I think collection items like that should have an alternative, even if it was timegated to take ~3-4 days instead of having to camp a dead meta event.

• Confused 1

The biggest problem with the Serpent's Ire event is that it requires lots of coordination, not just numbers. It can still fail with a full map. The most similar meta I can think of is Triple Trouble (although that one is much easier), except there is a guild that runs that meta pretty much daily (on NA) - and they advertise on multiple different Tyria maps ahead of time. And frequently someone gets the ascended chest, just like with Tequatl.

@Hesione.9412 said:The biggest problem with the Serpent's Ire event is that it requires lots of coordination, not just numbers. It can still fail with a full map. The most similar meta I can think of is Triple Trouble (although that one is much easier), except there is a guild that runs that meta pretty much daily (on NA) - and they advertise on multiple different Tyria maps ahead of time. And frequently someone gets the ascended chest, just like with Tequatl.

It really can't fail with a full map since the nerf. It's much easier now.

@Hesione.9412 said:The biggest problem with the Serpent's Ire event is that it requires lots of coordination, not just numbers. It can still fail with a full map. The most similar meta I can think of is Triple Trouble (although that one is much easier), except there is a guild that runs that meta pretty much daily (on NA) - and they advertise on multiple different Tyria maps ahead of time. And frequently someone gets the ascended chest, just like with Tequatl.

The event got nerfed -you don't need even close to a full map now, so no worries about that :pI'm not sure about exact numbers so don't quote me on that, but 15-20 should be comfortable.

• Confused 1

TTS guild does dedicated Serpent's Ire runs I think a little before (or after, I don't remember) reset on Saturdays. There's times when they'll get to SI after a LW S4 meta, but my advice is to keep a character parked in Vabbi in anticipation of them getting to the map. They usually put a squad up in LFG but it may sometimes be hidden in S4 maps with the intention to get to SI after a certain meta. That's how I was finally able to get that recording for the Golem backpiece. Good luck. ETA - saw in another thread that you got what you needed?