Need help getting the last Skyscale of Fear - Acrophobia

I have gotten all the other eggs except Acrophobia. I go to make the last jump from my spring to the Concentration of magic and I literally scrap the nose of my springer on the column on the way down. I hold the "W" key down the entire jump but just cannot seem to make it. Any tips on how those of you who have gotten this did it???

@Xavier Eledhwen.6901 said:Holding the W while charging helped a lot, thank you HnRkLnXqZ.1870 , now I over shoot, but I will get it in a few days, my arthritis limits how many times I can try this at a time.

Are you on NA or EU? If on EU I could bring a mesmer and portal you up, if on NA whoeverxwins has offered - if you want to, of course! I absolutely understand the desire to manage it oneself!

• Like 2

@Xavier Eledhwen.6901 said:I go it! I pushed the W just a little before the jump, and released half way through the jump and I hit the mark, only took me several hours.....

Good job! Congratulations!

Advice for a later part of the Skyscale collections: there's a section with several jumping puzzles. Remember then that each puzzle in that faze can be bypassed with the treat Gorrick gives you - extra can be crafted or bought on the TP. Give each one a try - as you managed this one I think most of the puzzles won't actually give you much trouble - but don't let it hold you up for hours or days either!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Mawgleah Simiril.2360 said:

Are there any Mesmers out there that would be willing to give me a hand with this one.  It's the last I need and I've been at it for days.  My RA tends to make my fingers spasm and I have a lot of difficulty doing most jumps, but this one is particularly difficult.  

People need to know if your Eu or Na

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 2:13 AM, Mawgleah Simiril.2360 said:

Are there any Mesmers out there that would be willing to give me a hand with this one.  It's the last I need and I've been at it for days.  My RA tends to make my fingers spasm and I have a lot of difficulty doing most jumps, but this one is particularly difficult.  

If you're on a US server I can help. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm also having great difficulty with this due to arthritis and as affects the precision needed for this, I have tried so many times and failed , I've got to the next to last pillar quite a few times , and hit the actual spot once before falling off, would love to finish this if any Mesmer can help please. I'm on the US server Sorrow's furnace, any help would be much appreciated as I would love to finish my skyscale quests.

If you have a friend or are in a group that has someone who can create a portal to the top, you can avoid the frustration completely. There are hardcore players who prefer to beat challenges like this absolutely solo without help. I'm not one of them but I did grind out repeatedly jumping and falling until I got it. There are a number of things like this so I've gotten used to it.

Edited by phaserBanks.7386