NA WvW is on permanent winter vacation

Caysadia.7405

@Justine.6351 said:

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:just stack on one server, fighting sentries and doors. lol.

the problem being that once captured at reset from the ai, it will take forever for stuff to become available to flip again if nobody fights back.

i dont see the logic in stacking on good servers, that's why i ask for an average one - which is normally either blobby, fun, but don't win all the time. so people want to fight this group. and i enjoy being in that fight.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:just stack on one server, fighting sentries and doors. lol.

the problem being that once captured at reset from the ai, it will take forever for stuff to become available to flip again if nobody fights back.

i dont see the logic in stacking on good servers, that's why i ask for an average one - which is normally either blobby, fun, but don't win all the time. so people want to fight this group. and i enjoy being in that fight.

That kind of is the key to pvp that survives,If you win all the time then its about as entertaining as open world pve.If you lose all the time then its about as sucky as trying to learn pve raids with other new people.If people in wvw are winning some and losing some, everyone has fun and everyone comes back for more. There has to be that give and take.

WvW is just over at this point. Yes people still play and yes guild groups still fight eachother for a few hours a day, but the level of competition has seriously nosedived outside those few hours. Smallscale is a complete joke nowadays, get a couple experienced players together and just run everything over. The skill gap is just massive at this age of the game. I can take like 90% of my 1v1s on a freaking hammer rev and I am not even that clean in play, the other 10% is just facetank bunker trash. All you can do at that point is take 1vXs which you can bet at least one of them will do his very best most tryhard thing to cheese you. It reminds me of the movie rollerball. When there are no rules and no pride left, its anything and everything you can do to get a loot bag.

No update can truly bring wvw or eotm back. I think that's what anet realizes and sees little point in developing alliances any further. You can update and balance patch all you want to make an amazing wvw environment, but you cannot patch today's WvWer into og.

@Justine.6351 said:

That kind of is the key to pvp that survives,If you win all the time then its about as entertaining as open world pve.If you lose all the time then its about as sucky as trying to learn pve raids with other new people.If people in wvw are winning some and losing some, everyone has fun and everyone comes back for more. There has to be that give and take.

WvW is just over at this point. Yes people still play and yes guild groups still fight eachother for a few hours a day, but the level of competition has seriously nosedived outside those few hours. Smallscale is a complete joke nowadays, get a couple experienced players together and just run everything over. The skill gap is just massive at this age of the game. I can take like 90% of my 1v1s on a freaking hammer rev and I am not even that clean in play, the other 10% is just facetank bunker trash. All you can do at that point is take 1vXs which you can bet at least one of them will do his
very best
most tryhard thing to cheese you. It reminds me of the movie rollerball. When there are no rules and no pride left, its anything and everything you can do to get a loot bag.

No update can truly bring wvw or eotm back. I think that's what anet realizes and sees little point in developing alliances any further. You can update and balance patch all you want to make an amazing wvw environment, but you cannot patch today's WvWer into og.

hehe. i know how u feel. this is the generation of 4 to 5 good players can take 20. hence why its not so fun for new players.

this is also why i dont want to be in a server that blobs the enemy. but nos. got to be equal and players dont need to be skilled but has pride and ego to rise and fight.

is also why there needs to be an incentive to fight.

why fight and save sm? why kill that blob? why sneak that camp?

we need a cause.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Caysadia.7405 said:Being that we'll shortly be entering the new year, I wanted Arenanet to

Understand that the current state of NA WvW is still floundering, and I

Fear the mode that I love and enjoy wont exist as 2020 goes on. I wanted to take a moment to bring forth some ideas as to whats plaguing wvw, and

Failing that at least bring attention to some of the more fatal flaws.

Seeing as Arenanet isnt exactly sure

How they can bring the game back up to its former glory, there's

Always a few ways they can

Try to

Turn things around. NA WvW is somehow in an

Even sharper decline, and alot of its

Radical drop in population can be attributed to its decline in able commanders, the

Ephemeral lifeblood of WvW. 2019 was a

Disastrous year for the pugmander, with

Almost every server seeing longtime commanders leaving, as the

Ebola of the current wvw playscape evolves into its final

Glorious form, as it all marches on

Into oblivion. I hope the new changes they'll be pushing in quarter 1 of 2020 can

Shake things up, as WvW in NA truly feels to be on its final legs.

it is christmas. i myself cant play as often because irl commitments.

Anet amazing work on caring in what game really needs improved the currrent situation..

@Caysadia.7405 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Last thing guardians need are more buffs, aegis or otherwise.

Im not sure what guardians have to do with this post, but while we're on the subject id have to disagree, and say that some of the guardian traitlines, especially the zeal one, could use some love and care in regards to wvw, to help give some variance to the builds available to guardian in large scale world vs world.

Excellent work here as per usual. Somehow Cay managed to make a post within a post!

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Caysadia.7405 said:Being that we'll shortly be entering the new year, I wanted Arenanet to

Understand that the current state of NA WvW is still floundering, and I

Fear the mode that I love and enjoy wont exist as 2020 goes on. I wanted to take a moment to bring forth some ideas as to whats plaguing wvw, and

Failing that at least bring attention to some of the more fatal flaws.

Seeing as Arenanet isnt exactly sure

How they can bring the game back up to its former glory, there's

Always a few ways they can

Try to

Turn things around. NA WvW is somehow in an

Even sharper decline, and alot of its

Radical drop in population can be attributed to its decline in able commanders, the

Ephemeral lifeblood of WvW. 2019 was a

Disastrous year for the pugmander, with

Almost every server seeing longtime commanders leaving, as the

Ebola of the current wvw playscape evolves into its final

Glorious form, as it all marches on

Into oblivion. I hope the new changes they'll be pushing in quarter 1 of 2020 can

Shake things up, as WvW in NA truly feels to be on its final legs.

it is christmas. i myself cant play as often because irl commitments.

Anet amazing work on caring in what game really needs improved the currrent situation..

hehe. enjoyed playing my baby scourge yesterday. the number of ranger thieves warrior ganging up on you is amazing. little did they know i was on nomads. mwahahhaha. i was so tanky it was funny. recorded it too. wet noodle of the group

I have to raise my hand on this. There has been times its been fun, fights have been pretty equal, but only if you are in that sweet spot of a time-frame where everyone is on. Lately its gotten so one sided that even veterans like me are just in the mode of screw it. Why upgrade, why build siege, why try to defend? As a defender and scout, nothing is just disheartening when the prime time crews log off then you get ktrained over and over. Why waste badges or siege when no one will refresh it and it dissolves anyway? Then when the other servers are stacked so hard against your 10 man crew, you get the "what is the point of this?"

I watch so many times a pack of soul-beasts, engies, elementalists reach so far into a keep from the walls to demolish any kind of upgrades you do. After a while you just get burned slap out. Caught myself losing my temper tonight and realized, I could accomplish so much more doing other things. So for me, unless I am going into EBG to get the banner buffs, I probably won't return to that game mode. Kudos to those toughing it out. I just can't any more personally.

@"Sinfullysweet.4517" said:I have to raise my hand on this. There has been times its been fun, fights have been pretty equal, but only if you are in that sweet spot of a time-frame where everyone is on. Lately its gotten so one sided that even veterans like me are just in the mode of screw it. Why upgrade, why build siege, why try to defend? As a defender and scout, nothing is just disheartening when the prime time crews log off then you get ktrained over and over. Why waste badges or siege when no one will refresh it and it dissolves anyway? Then when the other servers are stacked so hard against your 10 man crew, you get the "what is the point of this?"

I watch so many times a pack of soul-beasts, engies, elementalists reach so far into a keep from the walls to demolish any kind of upgrades you do. After a while you just get burned slap out. Caught myself losing my temper tonight and realized, I could accomplish so much more doing other things. So for me, unless I am going into EBG to get the banner buffs, I probably won't return to that game mode. Kudos to those toughing it out. I just can't any more personally.

indeed thats the problem with server based pop without queuing like spvp. :/ not equal nos.

i tell u bg even this weaker one has blob at sea. and ar at early eu.

we are lucky when we got.nos in weekends.but weekdays its our 5 to 8 man crew versus the world unless.fabian tags up to.lead open and rally the gang

To continue to find "enjoyment" in this game mode.

Pick the profession(s) that thrives...knowing what our current ecosystem has been turned into.

Server Linking which was supposed to fix unbalanced Match-Ups...

But Seriously...it really hasn't fixed anything & is now the source of a New Problem:

Nobody Cares & Nothing Matters Anymore.

The Veteran Sharks who complained that they NEEDED ANet to Create Server Links to make an exciting Zergfest ecosystem...is now experiencing the fruits of their labor...Population Collapse.

2017-05-09 - Over 2.5 Years AgoPREDICTIONhttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-tiers-making-sense/page/1#post6581044

FAILANet is then left struggling to clump more empty Lower tier servers as their communities collapse & Upper tier servers have to pull more “noob” players from the Lower tier servers along.

I'd like to now advise Veteran Players the following:

Embrace what thrives in this kind of ecosystem, or Stop playing because it's not fun anymore.

WvW is fixable, but it won't be fixed because of poor decisions that are based on either ignorance or sunk costs.

At least I can find comfort in being able to look back & say...

I told you so

ANet will feel the financial impact as WvW players reduce their game play & the overall GuildWars 2 community decrease ripples out. Hope the drop in foot traffic is something that ANet can stomach.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@Diku.2546 said:The Veteran Sharks who complained that they NEEDED ANet to Create Server Links to make an exciting Zergfest ecosystem...is now experiencing the fruits of their labor...Population Collapse.

Anet developed links idea on their own, players wanted merges and more even populations, which only happened because populations were already collapsing before it. I guess you don't remember the 6 month period after HoT released and wvw was turning into a ghost town huh, and then links were implemented along with other changes like stability changes and alpines put back in to get players back into wvw.

But sure yeah, links were definitely the only evil that drove away the communities, uh huh.

There are many different variables that could be causing WvW to falter through the years, but the most Chronic Problems are these 3:

1) Reduce the direct impact of Server stacking to Match-Ups2) Allow friends & family to play together from many different Worlds3) Allow Off-peak capping, but let players to work out a solution themselves

ANet has never been able to solve these 3 Chronic Problems using the Original Fixed 3 Way Match-Up Design. Honestly, they can't fix WvW using this design because it's flawed.

I had strong opinions about HoT as I struggled to encourage ANet to make better decisions back then about their Road Map & Vision for WvW.

TIMELINE & POSTED INSIGHTS

2016.05.28 - World Linking Beta - Over 3.5 Years AgoPlayers like us really love your Game Product, but I feel like you’re punishing us…to make WvW into something that it shouldn’t be…imhohttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/page/8#post6177847

2016.05.28 - World Linking Beta - Over 3.5 Years AgoYour changing WvW to be fast action & short attention in nature. What matters most is the sheer volume of combat…aka…blobbing.https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/page/8#post6177416

2015-11-03 - Reboot the Base Map Mechanic & Population - Designed before HoT - Over 4 Years AgoThis Server based solution lets players decide their own match-ups individually…while collectively encouraging a War between Worlds on a massive scale.https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Reboot-the-Base-Map-Mechanic-Population/page/1#post5710744

2015.10.23 - Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Releasedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

I don't know about you, but I'm still hoping to save the WvW game mode that I've enjoyed & come to love through the years.

Credibility

Long-Term Communities that once were the bedrock that allowed the WvW ecosystem to at a minimal level sustain itself prior to HoT is systematically & methodologically being eroded by Server Linking.

Rebooting the Base Map Mechanic was my solution to address the 3 Chronic Problems of WvW that existed before HoT got released.

Yours truly,Diku

@"XenesisII.1540" said:alpines put back in to get players back into wvw.

I think we agree on this topic of bringing Alpines back into WvW.

2015-12-01 - Classic WvW Consumer & New WvW Consumer - Over 4 Years Agohttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Classic-WvW-Consumer-New-WvW-Consumer

I hope we're on the same page about seeing a WvW game mode where:

Players are engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves.

It's possible, but we have to throw out & replace our Fixed 3-Way Match-Up Model.

Yours truly,Diku

@Burnfall.9573 said:'NA WvW is on permanent winter vacation'

WvW has been on many permanent seasonal vacations.....it did not change

-Time, Seasons..... Changes-

WvW will get better by CHANGE, not by seasons or by time

devs just need to think of a theme. and it'll be ok

i.e. tournaments allowed us to compete and aim for the top.

defanged now, so we just make up goals.

like personally, must stomp atleast 10 players.

must kill a friend on enemy team.

must do tunnel action

must eat 1 food by friend

must play healing scourge.