What do ppl want from warclaw and what should anet do? (and abit about downstate)

zealex.9410

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:My opinion is that downstate should just be removed from the game entirely making the mount ability issue moot. It's a handicap mechanic people use as a crutch to not play better.

I don't really care about downstate remaining as a safety net in pve content, but I agree that there's no need for that in wvw/pvp.If there is no need for tactical decisions or using your skills to stomp or res then I would argue there is no need to fight in WvW/PvP because all you get is a hollow empty shell of insta-kills so we might as well delete fighting.

Ayyy tactical decisions, you cleave/interrupt those scrubs in big scale and do whatever you want with the poor kitten on the ground in 1v1s. Other than that, it's just a safety net for outnumbering side, which is stupid. Downstate tactical decisions, oof...

No one care about "big scale" or 1v1. The real game is smallscale, where yes you still have tactical decisions to make. A win or loss can be ressing or stomping at the right time, not just facepalming your keyboard in a zerg or playing it safe in the dueling spot. Yes,
especially
when outnumbered.

In smallscale you still just cleave and interrupt any ressers, tactics ayyy

I pretty much never zerg and literally never "duel". Still plenty 1v1s around.So what do you do when the enemy AoE nuke/cc you trying to cleave and pop stab/invouln to prevent interrupts so they can res? Or use certain specific res skills? You have no idea what tactics even mean, do you... because interrupting ressers is a tactic on it's own too, yes ayyy. And so is choosing to cleave or not.

I always love those imaginative scenarios on the boards -even better when I can technically pick any class/build/ability I need at the moment and decide what my opponent already used and what I didn't. I'm sure you can solve the equasion here, it's not that hard.And you can do almost whatever the kitten you want, because if there's a downed player+another one picking him up, you can either choose to cleave them both or leave them alone and kill the rest of your opponents that are now 2 players down. Unless they're outnumbering you, which is the only scenario they really can commit to that pretty much for free. Downstate is garbage and brings nothing good to the game outside of pve, but if you feel better about yourself when you think it requires some great tactical mind to deal with then you're free to do so.And if it makes you feel better blaiming your failures or owing your success on downstate thats fine too, we're all fine. Just like the warclaw, people say its garbage that need to be deleted yet we're still here and its fine.

So that's all you have to write about your imaginative scenario?It's a game, whatever would be right or wrong with it, we'd still be fine. Why even have suggestion threads, updates or balance patches? Everyone was fine before them too. Downstate in pvp/wvw is still pointless and favors the wrong side in case of outnumbered fights.If downstate really was removed, would people stop complaining about how having more players favor one side?

You seem to fail at understanding that "having more players" favors that side "by definition", the problem is that there's a mechanic that helps them even more and there's no good reason for it to exist in competitive(-ish) modes.

I think we both know the answer to that, which still makes your argument pointless.

No, it doesn't. You're just missing the obvious, whether it's purposfully or not. If anything's pointless here, it's your suggestion that we shouldn't change it just because people can potentially complain about something else. What kind of logic is that lmao.

• Confused 1

@lare.5129 said:Also, on long fall, warclaw should dismount, but not kill player.Or just put additional rank point to spend it for that trait.

I disagree, the gliders are already outmatched by mounts and they (gliders) don't work in enemy territory. I don't think there's a valid reason to add another utility to mounts that would put them even more ahead of the gliding, this time as a safety pillow in case you want to jump off a cliff.

• Confused 1

Well, I would suggest:

• Allow people to rent a warclaw for 30s. This lasts 2 hours and can be extended by 2 hours at any time for another 30s to a maximum of 4 hours. This timer only counts down in wvw. The rental warclaw has no abilities beyond mobility.

• Battle Maul does not scale with stats. Battle maul has a 1s aftercast.

• Dismounting when your mount is 25% or less hp causes damage to the player.

• If dismounted forcefully through mount running out of health, this causes more damage to the player. Stun time and re-mount time is doubled.

• Your mount only moves faster in allied territory if you are outnumbered. This becomes baseline.

• Replace the previous ability of moving in territory faster with an ability that reduces fall damage by 20% when on a mount.

• Reduce the cooldown on sniff to 40s.

• Chain pull can be channeled for 5 seconds, dealing 2000 damage every second. Mount takes half damage when chain pull is active. (how much damage does a ram do anyways?)

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:Forcing PVE-buy-expansion into WvW is surely a failed bussness model, i wonder whos on earth had bought POF just to have warclaw.Elite Specs wasnt enough? stop with greed.

• no Pver started play wvw because of Warclaw, at max they "farmed" the mount there and gone.
  • no one dissatisfied with Wvw came back because "wow sensational, we now have mounts".

I wasn't going to get PoF at all honestly. I main thief and at the time I alt'd revenant, and honestly the expac didn't look that appealing for those two classes. Deadeye turned out more fun than I expected I'll admit, but it doesn't change the fact that I only bought PoF because I was drunk and thought you needed it to glide in WvW. I found the gliding mastery the next morning.