Launcher will not download game

After taking a break from the game for a few months due to work, I signed back in to find that my game would crash every 10 minuets or so. I tried running a repair on the game multiple times, all of them failing to complete the repair process. So I uninstalled and deleted guild wars 2 from my computer, re downloaded the launcher, and set about re downloading the game.I have been getting stuck at about 35% complete (just after it hits the "playable" section of the download) for about a week now. I have tried leaving it running over the course of a couple days, closing and resuming the download, and even started the whole process over a few times, but it has been consistently getting to this point in the download and then halts entirely.I have tried playing the game in its not fully downloaded state, but it keeps crashing my game in a similar way to my original problem, so i would not say that it is even "playable" right now.Is this a known problem on Mac? I feel like I am banging my head against a wall trying to figure this out. I have been looking through the forums here, and on reddit, and it seems that all the posts regarding this problem are from a few years ago and none of the possible solutions I have found are helping.If someone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it, as I have been really looking forward to getting back in touch with my guild mates and going on some adventures :)

@Aaralyna.3104 I tried to fix it this way, but the q0s packet scheduler is not an option on mac. my IPv6 was already on as well :(

also tried with the -assetsrv command and it did not help either, even after finding different servers to use... I don't understand how it could possibly be this difficult to get a download going. I have downloaded other games/programs since this problem has occurred and everything else downloads perfectly. I really don't feel like this problem is originating from my end.I submitted a ticket to ask for help. I really hope that the Anet staff can help me out with this, as I am very close to giving up on the game entirely. I would understand if my computer wasn't up to the specs to run the game, but this is just getting ridiculous and I really do not understand how this is a problem in the first place. I mean, common, this game has millions of players, and the launcher/download doesn't work??

I do appreciate the advise though. I hope I am not coming off as to pessimistic about everything... It is just a really frustrating situation for me.

@womptimus.6970 said:@Aaralyna.3104 I tried to fix it this way, but the q0s packet scheduler is not an option on mac. my IPv6 was already on as well :(

also tried with the -assetsrv command and it did not help either

If I recall correctly, you require the currently active IP for this, which I believe can be determined by using the following command in Command Prompt:

• nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1 (US)
  • nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1 (non-US)

´UPDATE: If that doesn't work, use instead:

• nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8
  • nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

I am going through the same thing. changed everything, unchecked QoS. changed portals, everything.. The game installs but when it comes to installing the patches it stops at 35%. GM Apple Merchant has been trying to help me and I even sent her/him a diagnostic report. Im even repairing the files before I install the updates and still nothing. We are going to have to wait for them to come back from vacation. Its sad because Im off from work this week and would of loved to play.

@kathy.8291 said:What I find strange is that EVERYONE having this problem is STUCK AT 35% and will not go further.

It just means something is blocking a specific set of files that GW2 is attempting to download. Since the files are downloaded in order, everyone who is doing a new install is going to get stuck at the same point. A few years back for example, GW2 was attacked by flagging the patch servers as malicious, which propagated to many anti-virus providers, including some ISPs, and caused a lot of people to get stuck.

Try launching with the options:-log -assetsrv 34.224.44.147

(the IP is temporary, so if it fails to connect, lookup the IP for origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com)

With the above options, and assuming it's still stuck, let it try to download for 10 minutes, then exit. In Windows, you can find the log saved as %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log

I am truly not computer savy. How do I do that and put those numbers in? Im sorry that I dont understand. thank you so much.> @Healix.5819 said:

@kathy.8291 said:What I find strange is that
EVERYONE
having this problem is STUCK AT 35% and will not go further.

It just means something is blocking a specific set of files that GW2 is attempting to download. Since the files are downloaded in order, everyone who is doing a new install is going to get stuck at the same point. A few years back for example, GW2 was attacked by flagging the patch servers as malicious, which propagated to many anti-virus providers, including some ISPs, and caused a lot of people to get stuck.

(the IP is temporary, so if it fails to connect, lookup the IP for origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com)

With the above options, and assuming it's still stuck, let it try to download for 10 minutes, then exit. In Windows, you can find the log saved as %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log

• Like 1

I've been having this issue too. Stuck at 35%, then i tried turning off QoP and the -assetsrv (daily isp) command and that got me to 50% (250,000 files remaining). Now nothing seems to move it along at all. I notice that every time i log back in after i play for a bit another 1,000 or 2,000 files were downloaded but at this rate, it will take months for the remaining files to finish. Any ideas on getting past this second road block? Already tried the -repair command.

@kathy.8291 said:I am truly not computer savy. How do I do that and put those numbers in? Im sorry that I dont understand. thank you so much.> @Healix.5819 said:

@kathy.8291 said:What I find strange is that
EVERYONE
having this problem is STUCK AT 35% and will not go further.

Here are instructions: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

It's the 29th and I haven't been able to get an e-mail back from anyone at all since the 23rd. I haven't been able to play the game at all in almost 2 weeks. You'd think they'd want to get it working faster than this. I've been playing for 3 years and have had more trouble in the last couple of weeks than I have in all the rest of that time.