[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Can we please bring some consistency to the unlocking text and colour? trying to distinguish grey and white is rather bad at times when you are in a hurry :\

The other night I accidentally bought pvp armor skin I had already unlocked, took support couple of days to sort out (PS: thanks support :))

Ideally, the most UX friendly would have probably [something] unlocked / learnt!simpler option maybe change it to red text You have already unlocked this skin!

uPLnaTW.png

Few minor ones:

• If a merchant is selling an account bound recipe, it should not sell if it already unlocked (for some merchants, this is the case, others not)
  • Ability to hide 'nearly complete' achievements. I sometimes look to those for things to finish up, but some show up which while near (227/250 fractals) is hardly something quick to finish up. Or some festival related ones (costume brawl) which I'm not likely to advance much until next halloween.
  • Ability to suicide (/gg) in pve - I sometimes get in situation where I know I'm not going to survive, but it takes the creatures a while to finish me off. I'd rather just go back to waypoint immediately (given that armor repair is free, I'm not even sure if preventing TP to waypoint in combat really makes sense anymore)

o Add an option to have a confirmation when clicking "Exit to Desktop" to avoid mistakenly closing the game when you're trying to click "Log Out" which is IMMEDIATELY above it on the usual ESC key list. Either that or separate it so it's far enough away from the "Log Out" button to avoid such mistakes. Note that you already added an option to "Move Inventory Compact Option" to the bottom of the list for similar reasons.

Edit: Yes I know about the F9 option, but hitting ESC is deeply ingrained in muscle memory that despite trying to get used to using F9 instead just doesn't lock in. Besides, the ESC option list would still remain an issue when using it instead.

o Have already open windows pop to front when they are re-requested. For instance, if you open the mail window and you later bury it behind some other window (or five), then choose "Mail item to..." or use a hotkey for it, it just stays there buried in the background forcing you to juggle windows to find it and bring it to the front again, or mess around with the icons on the top row which then resets the window which isn't necessarily what you want. Even larger windows that are still partially visible are often annoying to try and manually bring to front depending on what parts are visible due to the partly transparent edges and how many other windows with all their overlapping edges are in the way...it's just annoying, believe me.

Edit: I suppose such behavior would be best as an option toggle a la the one for ESC closing or not closing windows. I close windows either by ESC or by clicking the X, but others might prefer to just hit the same hotkey to close a particular window.

o Add an option to disable autocomplete in the mail window's recipient field and either along with or in addition to allowing autocomplete only against whitelisted names (using the friend's list would seem like a good option to avoid a totally separate white list to be added).

o Add a customizable targeting function so we, the players, can pick and choose what goes onto our valid target list and what doesn't, at least in general groups. Things such as yellow mobs, inanimate non-attacking objects (such as destructible boxes as opposed to an enemy turret), etc. I've long since grown immensely tired of trying to re-target quickly only to start murdering a nearby moa or going ham on a weapon rack while my enemies laugh and jeer at my antics. Or heck, just give us an option to remove just those two things from our "Choose nearest target" or what have you functions. They account for 90%+ of the mistaken targets all by themselves.

Requesting a colour change on gear rarity.Not all, but just rare, and exotic.

Could change rare to orange or exotic to a deeper brown.Maybe retain yellow in rare, but make exotic a luminescent orange to stand out; or brown?

Since Ascended is pink, and Legendary is Dark purple, they can be distinguished clearly from one another.

The others are also easy identified.But rare and exotic are sometimes very difficult to distinguish.Please change this ANet.

Edit:Also a timer option for minis to display only after a period of stillness and disappear once we move again.I don't display minis because I don't want them always on show, as it's not very practical them being in the FoV while in battle.

Also, want to request again the Dye templates for armour, at least.5 should do to start with.I like to change armour colours according to the terrain I'm in, and being able to save them could be used for quick load, without having to change the whole thing again, and again.Would be nice to have variations in colour dyes saved on templates.

I have the final solution for all the annoying afk farm bot in pve. When a turret or a minion is used, while in combat mode launch a countdown. If after 30 secs the player isn't using any weapon skill, the player is kicked. If it happens a lot, a report is automatically sent. /problem solved. No need to report them one by one for botting anymore. Plus the afk farm locations are so obvious like invariant enclave... just do something... in addition it happens at heart location and yeah some new players seems disturbed by them.

Add Hotkey combination

• Shift+Num1, Shift+Num2, etc.

For whatever reason numeric keyboard doesn't allow to set it's button with Shift combo.

P.s. i am using numeric keys for build templates hot keys. There are 6 gear and 6 trait templates, giving it to 12. This is too much of hotkeys to have. Allowing 'Shift + num key' combo to be set, will short it to 6.

@hugo.4705 said:I have the final solution for all the annoying afk farm bot in pve. When a turret or a minion is used, launch a countdown. If after 30 secs the player isn't using any weapon skill, the player is kicked. If it happens a lot, a report is automatically sent. /problem solved. No need to report them one by one for botting anymore. Plus the afk farm locations are so obvious like invariant enclave... just do something... in addition it happens at heart location and yeah some new players seems disturbed by them.

So me as a minionmaster would be kicked if im reading something of gw wiki or need a quick toilet break?30 sec would be aweful. I dont afk farm but your suggestion would kick me out half of the time.

Make the Auric Basin Balthazar Hero Point less horrible. Maybe the mushroom one in TD too.It's just way too punishing and frequently ends up wiping the whole group - unless you come with an army.That's a lot of trouble for a hero point, and people mostly do those on new characters they're not familiar with yet - that makes things even more miserable.

Please consider removing jumping puzzles from collection requirements. It is terribly frustrating trying to complete the Winter's Presence items and having to deal with feeling vertigo repeatedly trying to complete the jumping puzzle. The easy path is hard for players who experience this, even the winding tower in Lion's Arch triggers it just walking up. Could a gold/karma sink or alternative activity be added? I'd be willing to drop 20g or 50k karma at this point just to avoid it.

So I really enjoy the time trial stuff, but I always get annoyed when I find people have used things like portals or swiftness/quickness in the middle/start of it for their gold score or in trying to set the higher scores. So if the trial zones could be without skill usages outside of transformation ones provided to the player and boons be wiped off the player upon starting, I think would make it a more viable direction as a sort of player skill content for achievements/prizes sort of like how getting gold on the beetle course for Halloween gave the scarf. I'd also like if a few more neat awards of that sort that have no other alternatives to getting as a sort of bragging rights thing where someone isn't just going to buy the skin off trading post or cheese hardcore with friends.

A small QoL thing I'd like to see:

Make a way to travel back to mainland Elona from the Isle of Istan without having to Waypoint or do the WvW trick? To get to Istan you can take the boat, but there's no boat or airship or anything to take you back, you have to spend money on a Waypoint or WvW it back to Lion's Arch. This is extremely frustrating, since I try to avoid Waypointing wherever possible. :(

maybe options to trade in my stack of teleports to friend to an account bound perma teleport to friend,same for other consumables (bank, vendor and BL pickup) when you have 100 get an account bound perma one at a vendor.or a vendor for the mystic forge stones I have 400 or so of those. allowing for easy buy leggy parts or something.

I would be really happy to trade these in most have been collected for 7 years now.

QoL: Drop down menu for all 5 city’s home instances for the gemstore Home Portal Stone.

This would make the Portal Stone more valuable as players could port on any race to any Home Instance to harvest according to the daily instead of either switching to a race that matches that region (Example: to a Charr to go to Black Citadel Home Instance for Ascalon harvest) or not using the Portal Stone at all for that.

A "Random Mini" tickbox.

Those of us who collect them have hundreds at this point. It would be nice to have the option to randomize on map load so we can see some of them without having to manually go in and scroll through that horridly long list each time.

We can add people as freinds, can we have please the ability to sort them in groups, per exp, i have 150 friends and i want to do some fractals, it will took time to find my friends who loves doing fractals, in other hand, if i can sort my friends and put them in groups (pvp, fractals, raids, weird ppl....) it will be much much easier and faster to find them and making groups instantly :)

Please could you turn off the auto zoom in and out at the begining and end of encounters in open world meta events, fractals and pve raid bosses?I personally find it really annoying having to readjust my camera all the time and I have been asking for this option for years.

@"nanomidgy.9180" said:Please could you turn off the auto zoom in and out at the begining and end of encounters in open world meta events, fractals and pve raid bosses?I personally find it really annoying having to readjust my camera all the time and I have been asking for this option for years.

Oh my gods, yes, please! ?