Ranger Sword Requests

Camniel.7238

I personally really enjoy the Ranger Sword though I recognize it's limitations. I'm hoping that what I'm about to ask for isn't too over the top that it'll affect balance but that we will still see some improvement to this weapon.

The Sword Auto Attack Chain is currently a bit awkward, "Slash" and "Precision Swipe" both affect 3 targets each, but then in the middle you have "Crippling Thrust" that only affects one target. It's an awkward situation when you're fighting multiple targets that should all die together but instead die one after another simply because "Crippling Thrust" only affects them one at a time. If we could bump this skill to affect 3 targets like the rest of the auto attack chain it would go a long way to helping the weapon feel less clunky, in my opinion.

Another point I'd like to see improved is "Serpent's Strike". I love the effect of this weapon and it feels very agile and fun to me, but it also feels like it's missing something. I would like to see this skill also affect 3 targets on the damage and poison side of it's ability. Why? Because when I'm soloing PVE I'm mostly fighting multiple targets at once, in Story I'm usually fighting multiple targets at once, etc. so having a weapon where 4 of its 6 abilities only affect 1 target at a time just makes combat unnecessarily drawn out. Why "Serpent's Strike"? Because that skill already has a feel as if it could attack more targets at once. That poison serpent cloud could reasonably be expected to spill over and hit nearby targets within range. A similar argument could be made for the remaining two leap and retreat abilities, "Monarch's Leap" and "Hornet's Sting" but I think "Serpent's Strike" would be a more entertaining and functionally useful choice instead.

Does anyone else have any feedback on these ideas?

For the auto this is a change I could see. For serpent strike I do not think it is necessary. I think the sword issues are different. It is kind of a semi mobility, semi tanky. I liked it with soulbeast in the past now I do not see it working. Maybe if they could change something to increase the dps or make it a little more fun than waiting for this jump animation before getting serpent strike..

@"aymnad.9023" said:For the auto this is a change I could see. For serpent strike I do not think it is necessary. I think the sword issues are different. It is kind of a semi mobility, semi tanky. I liked it with soulbeast in the past now I do not see it working. Maybe if they could change something to increase the dps or make it a little more fun than waiting for this jump animation before getting serpent strike..

So are you thinking they should change the pairing of "Monarch's Leap" and "Serpent Strike"? Separate them like they were before?

@Camniel.7238 said:

@"aymnad.9023" said:For the auto this is a change I could see. For serpent strike I do not think it is necessary. I think the sword issues are different. It is kind of a semi mobility, semi tanky. I liked it with soulbeast in the past now I do not see it working. Maybe if they could change something to increase the dps or make it a little more fun than waiting for this jump animation before getting serpent strike..

So are you thinking they should change the pairing of "Monarch's Leap" and "Serpent Strike"? Separate them like they were before?Well I did prefer the previous skill organization but I know some people like the new design. It just looks weird to me to have to do this weird forward jump then the fast locked in place serpent strike. It looks clunky to me. I do not know if the idea was to still get 2 dodges. I do not really have any idea how to change that, I am so used to those 3 skills after 7 years.Maybe have the leap on 3 then a flip for a strike allowing the pet next attack to steal a boon / or a small blind.