[Video] PvP/WvW Roaming Power Mesmer - Christmas suc...

dubidubidubidu.5308

Hi new vid up! :)

If you dont like (long christmas) intros start the vid @ 1:14! Dont take the intro serious, i actually love christmas! :) STAY TUNED, first vid next year will include an aurene outfit giveaway again! Merry christmas and a happy new year for all of you! <3

If you want to support me/ my channel: a like and comment on yt is always appreciated!

I recorded a bit of mirage pvp gameplay over the last week and played some wvw with core mes last weekend. Aside from that, the vid includes 2 older bonus chrono clips (2 of the last i had on my disk, rip) and a few shorter pvp clips are also a bit older.

First pvp match includes a lot of text editing to cover some tips for something i saw a lot of ppl struggling with (pu mes) in my matches. After that the text editing gets remarkable less, if you dont like the textediting just ignore it!

Sry for the low effort editing but yeah i needed to finish the vid fast.

I hope you can enjoy the vid overall! Notice the vid description/pinned comment pls!

big thx for the kind words @apharma.3741 and im glad you could enjoy the vid @Leonidrex.5649 <3 always nice to get some feedback (esp good one)!

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Nuuuuu you got yours out before me!!!

Ive been working on 2 holiday montages for my DPS mirage as well lol. Now it will look like I am copying you :p

Side note: Its fun to see 1 shot mes builds to get rekt, however you lost points for being one lol. Bonus points for your commentary however :)

nooooo dont steal my points! haha i know the hate for powermes even core is strong, nothing new tho, but at least i never engaged out of stealth. i made sure everyone in the vid could see me coming before i torch stealthed (never engaged out of mass inv), often didnt stealth before fight start at all or wasnt the one starting the fight. so the core build has oneshot dmg but im not playing it in the -stab a knife in the back of a sleeping man- style. and my mirage isnt a oneshot build. maybe i can get another bonus point for that? charming, innocent glimpse :tongue:

2??? two montages??? you rly want to make me feel unproductive do you? oO im sure your vids will have their own flair so i doubt anyone will think you copy me dont worry! when your vids will be released?

big thx for the feedback tho! <3

@"Jazz.4639" said:big thx for the kind words @apharma.3741 and im glad you could enjoy the vid @Leonidrex.5649 <3 always nice to get some feedback (esp good one)!

Ive been working on 2 holiday montages for my DPS mirage as well lol. Now it will look like I am copying you :p

Side note: Its fun to see 1 shot mes builds to get rekt, however you lost points for being one lol. Bonus points for your commentary however :)

nooooo dont steal my points! haha i know the hate for powermes even core is strong, nothing new tho, but at least i never engaged out of stealth. i made sure everyone in the vid could see me coming before i torch stealthed (never engaged out of mass inv), often didnt stealth before fight start at all or wasnt the one starting the fight. so the core build has oneshot dmg but im not playing it in the -stab a knife in the back of a sleeping man- style. and my mirage isnt a oneshot build. maybe i can get another bonus point for that?
charming, innocent glimpse
:tongue:

2??? two montages??? you rly want to make me feel unproductive do you? oO im sure your vids will have their own flair so i doubt anyone will think you copy me dont worry! when your vids will be released?

Both are only like 4ish mins long...one is solo roaming and one is in a duo with the same person. Didnt like mashing the 2 specific songs together so I decided to make em separate lol.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:big thx for the kind words @apharma.3741 and im glad you could enjoy the vid @Leonidrex.5649 <3 always nice to get some feedback (esp good one)!

nooooo dont steal my points! haha i know the hate for powermes even core is strong, nothing new tho, but at least i never engaged out of stealth. i made sure everyone in the vid could see me coming before i torch stealthed (never engaged out of mass inv), often didnt stealth before fight start at all or wasnt the one starting the fight. so the core build has oneshot dmg but im not playing it in the -stab a knife in the back of a sleeping man- style. and my mirage isnt a oneshot build. maybe i can get another bonus point for that?

Both are only like 4ish mins long...one is solo roaming and one is in a duo with the same person. Didnt like mashing the 2 specific songs together so I decided to make em separate lol.

oki that helped, i feel better now :tongue: release when? or just link your youtube so i can watch out for them

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Wow! Such cheese 1 shot build you're playing. A lot of people are thinking I bet.

Non reactive oneshot is always the least impressive way of playing a a power build in my view, means i prefer the Powermirage gameplay in this video over the core Mesmer footage. But it gives a bonus point for not using Chaos ( or Inspiration) or MoP and for not attacking ppl out of stupidly long stealth in an unpredictable way.

@bravan.3876 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Wow! Such cheese
1 shot build
you're playing. A lot of people are thinking I bet.

Non reactive oneshot is always the least impressive way of playing a a power build in my view, means i prefer the Powermirage gameplay in this video over the core Mesmer footage. But it gives a bonus point for not using Chaos or MoP and for not attacking ppl out of stupidly long stealth in an unpredictable way.

then again minus points for attacking people in WvW, by far the worst players I have seen are in wvw xd

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

1 shot build

Non reactive oneshot is always the least impressive way of playing a a power build in my view, means i prefer the Powermirage gameplay in this video over the core Mesmer footage. But it gives a bonus point for not using Chaos or MoP and for not attacking ppl out of stupidly long stealth in an unpredictable way.

then again minus points for attacking people in WvW, by far the worst players I have seen are in wvw xd

Still taking mantra of distraction!

There is nothing wrong with MoD. In my view one of the most skillbased utilties with the most counters as interrupt tool, even with being instant, what is needed to make reactive interrupts on fast keyskills possible. They only should reduce the daze duration to 1 second but even with 1,5 secs there is not rly a balance issue with it. It only was op and lame back then when it could stun or lock down with old CI trait or was braindead spammable for dmg without the need to interrupt with old Lost Time trait.

@"bravan.3876" said:There is nothing wrong with MoD. In my view one of the most skillbased utilties with the most counters as interrupt tool, even with being instant, what is needed to make reactive interrupts on fast keyskills possible. They only should reduce the daze duration to 1 second but even with 1,5 secs there is not rly a balance issue with it. It only was op and lame back then when it could stun or lock down with old CI trait or was braindead spammable for dmg without the need to interrupt with old Lost Time trait.

MoD is just shit right now, cant even serve its role becouse of stupid LoS requirement sealed the deal for me.To sacrifice ENTIRE utility so you can sometimes interrupt is a big commitment, other classes use CC skills that are as easy to land while provide many other " cheeries " on top.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Ring as an example

The advantage over other skills MoD had was no casttime and being able to use it while you are cc ( defensively )now you eat CC and you have dead utility that could be used to remove the CC. While also serving other needs.What condi mirage will use MoD when you can use som, have extra stun removing tool, stealth to disengage and passive 10% dmg boost. lel

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Wow! Such cheese 1 shot build you're playing. A lot of people are thinking I bet.

yes a lot do indeed. i play power domination/illusion/duelling or domination/duelling/mirage and ppl still complain, its kinda funny. my builds already avoid on purpose nearly everything that ever got complained about by anyone in the history of gw2 (no passives, no chaos, no inspi, no condi or hybrid, no dmg mantra, no retargeting skills on mirage, no excessive amount of stealth... did i forget something? for sure it did). so what am i supposed to play when even dom/due/illu core mes or a powermirage with lit only 2 utilities for myself is still too lame? only 2 traitlines maybe? no amulte/armor? no utilities at all? and ofc with that finally not too lame (only a bit lame bc still mesmer) no amulet+2traitlines+no utlity build i only should face the old esl players to then avoid the "you only kill noobs" comments. sounds fair and doable :) the solution prob is to not play mesmer and search for a new main, maybe being 10 times more carried but still 10 times less hated.

@bravan.3876 said:

1 shot build

But it gives a bonus Point

\o/

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

1 shot build

then again minus points

dont you dare!you mean the face your target requirement i guess? because mantras always accepted obstructed. yes the face your target requirement for daze mantra is bad, was prob mostly directed to the dmg mantra (it at least makes a bit of sense for it) but ofc without fixing the problem of that mantra. the best is, when you cannot interrupt ppl right in front of you bc of the no line of sight bug we now also can enjoy on mantras. like i rezzed a teammate and tried to interrupt a cc on me on midpoint legacy, the player was right in front of my face but i guess there was a little culm on the ground…apart from this bug, adding this requirement on instant skill where it doesnt belong for good reasons (mostly bc you cannot add automatic char alignment to instant skills) isnt a fair way of balancing.

@"Jazz.4639" said:

oki that helped, i feel better now :tongue: release when? or just link your youtube so i can watch out for them

Production value is def not as good as yours due to my potato of a PC :) I posted the 1st I put on on YT. May do a 3rd as I recently did more roaming and have more clips. I will have another solo and 1 duo roaming.

Dunno why but YT is defaulting to a lower resolution (360). Best viewed with 720/1080 (was supposed to be uploaded at 720 iirc)

@bravan.3876 said:There is nothing wrong with MoD. In my view one of the most skillbased utilties with the most counters as interrupt tool, even with being instant, what is needed to make reactive interrupts on fast keyskills possible. They only should reduce the daze duration to 1 second but even with 1,5 secs there is not rly a balance issue with it. It only was op and lame back then when it could stun or lock down with old CI trait or was braindead spammable for dmg without the need to interrupt with old Lost Time trait.

This game is sure better with 3 more dead traits for the sake of skills. (Enjoy your diversity.)...Mean I have nothing about your opinions but results are that the number of gameplay defining traits are reducing like crazy...

That said, I tested more you build Jazz, it's really better than I though on my mes forum answer and IoL and PB are pretty accurate, thanks again for sharing.Merry christmas !

@viquing.8254 said:

@"bravan.3876" said:There is nothing wrong with MoD. In my view one of the most skillbased utilties with the most counters as interrupt tool, even with being instant, what is needed to make reactive interrupts on fast keyskills possible. They only should reduce the daze duration to 1 second but even with 1,5 secs there is not rly a balance issue with it. It only was op and lame back then when it could stun or lock down with old CI trait or was braindead spammable for dmg without the need to interrupt with old Lost Time trait.

This game is sure better with 3 more dead traits for the sake of skills. (Enjoy your diversity.)...Mean I have nothing about your opinions but results are that the number of gameplay defining traits are reducing like crazy...

Anet has a way of nerfing stuff into uselessness instead reworking it into something not broken but still playable. I made balance suggestions for all these traits and Anet did something else each time. But the solution to that cannot be, to accept broken things to avoid dead traits either.

Lets see what the big patch will bring, but from what got mentioned already i don't see a bright future for the remaining playable Mesmer specs anyway. Mirage would be totally fine when only reworking condi clone ambush skills into something more active (that would include a Mesmers ambush rework too) or at least less overperforming in dmg (means make the condi clone ambushes a remarkable weaker version of the Mesmers ambush, just as it is on power weapons), also make normal clone autoattacks a nearly zero dmg skill just like on power weapons and for that give Mesmers more active ways like shatters for condiapplication back. But instead, i think, Anet will just break the spec by listening to forum ppl and touching Mirage Cloak for no reason, because ppl cannot deal with the fact that they need 1 more braincell to hit a cc or the follow up dmg on a spec that is basicly designed to have a strength versus cc, which is easy counterable when it is not a stunbreak on dodge (what we still have on Rev and Ele or a completely passive immune+passive stabi we have on Warrior ppl don't complain about atm). Maybe they will even touch IH although no one ever could explain to me why IH is the issue. Imagine a delay or casttime on MoD to make reactive interrupts more or less impossible and they kill the most skillbased playstyle (interrupt) for the Mesmerclass.

Searching for a new main might be a good idea for you guys, in particular for Powermesmer player, because Powermirage will suffer even more during "balancing" (aka destroying) Condimirage in the wrong ways. And i doubt Mirage will be more skillful after that, when touching or deleting IH in any of the suggested ways in this forum even quite the opposite, if not unplayable anyway. But you can't rly blame me for that. My balance suggestions never included nerfs to death or making stuff clunky and kill gameplay flow by destroying mechanics far away from any class understanding/knowledge.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Production value is def not as good as yours due to my potato of a PC :) I posted the 1st I put on on YT. May do a 3rd as I recently did more roaming and have more clips. I will have another solo and 1 duo roaming.

Dunno why but YT is defaulting to a lower resolution (360). Best viewed with 720/1080 (was supposed to be uploaded at 720 iirc)

nice! like and subs done but have to watch later! bit busy atm. you should make your own thread, maybe in mesmer or wvw forum to get more views!

@viquing.8254 said:

@bravan.3876 said:There is nothing wrong with MoD. In my view one of the most skillbased utilties with the most counters as interrupt tool, even with being instant, what is needed to make reactive interrupts on fast keyskills possible. They only should reduce the daze duration to 1 second but even with 1,5 secs there is not rly a balance issue with it. It only was op and lame back then when it could stun or lock down with old CI trait or was braindead spammable for dmg without the need to interrupt with old Lost Time trait.

That said, I tested more you build Jazz, it's really better than I though on my mes forum answer and IoL and PB are pretty accurate, thanks again for sharing.Merry christmas !

thx and im happy you like the build! :)