Gadgeteer + utility goggles no res?

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

@Hynax.9536 said:Yeah, i tested and utility googles is only aplying protection if you have gadgetter traited. It is a bug.

Thanks! Ye honetly Anet have been really inconsistent with the changes implemented the skill and related traits and the information about the skill given to us so I have a hard time to understand whats intended or not anymore...

It feels like the devs never played with engineer tbh. There was no need to change utility goggles, it was already a very situational but decent skill, now it it is just garbage and they did not even care about its relation with traits (for 2 or so weeks Lesser Utility Goggles remained as the old version).

@"Hynax.9536" said:It feels like the devs never played with engineer tbh. There was no need to change utility goggles, it was already a very situational but decent skill, now it it is just garbage and they did not even care about its relation with traits (for 2 or so weeks Lesser Utility Goggles remained as the old version).

It's been proven over and over again. Just look how they implement changes on any gadget. Takes them weeks to remember about Gadgeteer version. Then another couple of weeks for underwater version. And then another couple of weeks for underwater Gadgeteer version - they need 2-3 months for a single skill. It's ridiculous.

Some players of other professions say "Yea, devs totally don't play my profession coz skill X is so bad and wasn't changed in 6 months!". Well Utility Goggles were left unchanged. For. Seven. Years. This skill had the same fucking mechanic since the release of the game. And now they nerfed it :smile:Whole professions are getting reworked (mesmer), traitlines re-thinked and implemented from scratch (tactics on war), completely new sets of skills with nice animations and working traits (thief traps), hell, I tried guardian recently and was blown away how many different various synergies are there in traits and each trait line has a clear purpose.

And engi? Turrets garbage. Gadgets barely useful. Kits swept under a rug, some not touched for years (inCrEaSEd pOWeR daMAgE oN fiRE boMb. iNcrEAsEd dAmaGE on rOCKeT bOotS). Trash weapons, only shield keeps up with other professions. Explosives is in pieces, Firearms and Scrapper are a mess. Only thanks to holosmith and 2 skills on Scrapper there are people still playing engi. I'm so angry with ANet not taking care of this profession.Rant over.

They could make triple point if standradize the Gadget skills and Gadgeteer trait.Example:

1 - Standardizing Gadget Skills:

• Make the respective toolbelt skill for each Gadget skill a gadget for trait purpose. Like Elixir, the toolbelt gadget could get the benefits if traited with Gadgeteer.

2 - Standardizing Gadgeteer Trait:

• Clean this trait, making him no longer grants extra effect on Gadgets but only increasing an Ammo stack to all Gadget skills (including toolbelts) and decreasing the recharge time. May be this leaves more programming space for others purpose and removes some bugs.

OBS: Right. Some adjustements are required to implement, like:

• Makes all Gadget skills one time usable if no traited with the proposed Gadgeteer trait.
  • Remove the "Detonate" skill from "Throw Mine" and "Mine Field". The user could no longer be allowed to detonate, but the adversary character instead.

Something like this...

Sorry for bad english and some mistake.