My druid build SPVP in action

Axl.8924

@Axl.8924 said:How am I supposed to then?

Is this a serious question? The game assigns default hotkeys to all your abilities, you can use those. Notice the numbers 1, 2, 3,... etc under all your abilities? Pressing that number on your keyboard fires off that ability.

I recommend setting up your own custom hotkeys that fit you better. I have my heal set to Q, stunbreak set to C, etc so I can reach most things with my left hand while still holding directional keys.

I had a revelation i think instead of the signet i had for protection it might be better to actually bring the stone one for invuln for when a class tries to burst me down so i can put down that cc and invuln and or combine with lightning reflexes and then run. You can see in some instances being cced and blown up by some classes is bad news, just a thought if anyone uses the build.

any different builds you guys suggest?

Multiple edit because of incorrect sentences X)Hey. Thanks for sharing. Again I am going to try once the season is over ^^.

Recording :You fixed it in the second video. Same thing happened to me with obs. I had to change the settings.

Keys :Using keys instead of clicking that will definitely help you. I know someone who cannot do it (physically) but if you can use keyboard for skills/movement and clicking for utilities you could even reach plat (top 250 is even doable when clicking on utilities I am serious here). You will probably need time to get used to it.

Pets :I will give spider a try. It is one of those pet that I stopped using but can be good. I still am not sure if moa survives long enough (same question for the stone spirit).It is probably better if you set the pet to attack by default. It will save you time and since you use a range one (spider) it can be safe. Only change it for spellbreakers (because the pet triggers the counter for free…) or if you use a close combat one and think he will die in a dangerous mid fight.You can also use a bristleback if you want to go full range pets (+ it has good damage) and not think too much about them outside of the F2. Once you are comfortable with everything you can go for gazelle or electric wyvern for strong cc.

Utilities:If you want to try a safer version you can also use stone signet instead of the stone spirit (physical damage immunity but care for condi and cc) or protect me (stunbreak, additional cc, protection and thus healing)

Talents :They are good. Stealth is also nice and will probably help you a lot.

General tips :Be careful when rezzing. Without stealth or quickness or damage immunity it can be dangerous. We all try to do it until realizing it is too late.The thing I still hate the most about druid is the loss of the energy on death (hard to land spells come in second). This means we are basically not useful until getting it back. It also means you are more vulnerable and probably should be more careful before fighting 1VX. Try to poke and regen to get your energy then you can try to tank some more.

@aymnad.9023 said:Multiple edit because of incorrect sentences X)Hey. Thanks for sharing. Again I am going to try once the season is over ^^.

Recording :You fixed it in the second video. Same thing happened to me with obs. I had to change the settings.

Keys :Using keys instead of clicking that will definitely help you. I know someone who cannot do it (physically) but if you can use keyboard for skills/movement and clicking for utilities you could even reach plat (top 250 is even doable when clicking on utilities I am serious here). You will probably need time to get used to it.

Pets :I will give spider a try. It is one of those pet that I stopped using but can be good. I still am not sure if moa survives long enough (same question for the stone spirit).It is probably better if you set the pet to attack by default. It will save you time and since you use a range one (spider) it can be safe. Only change it for spellbreakers (because the pet triggers the counter for free…) or if you use a close combat one and think he will die in a dangerous mid fight.You can also use a bristleback if you want to go full range pets (+ it has good damage) and not think too much about them outside of the F2. Once you are comfortable with everything you can go for gazelle or electric wyvern for strong cc.

Utilities:If you want to try a safer version you can also use stone signet instead of the stone spirit (physical damage immunity but care for condi and cc) or protect me (stunbreak, additional cc, protection and thus healing)

Talents :They are good. Stealth is also nice and will probably help you a lot.

General tips :Be careful when rezzing. Without stealth or quickness or damage immunity it can be dangerous. We all try to do it until realizing it is too late.The thing I still hate the most about druid is the loss of the energy on death (hard to land spells come in second). This means we are basically not useful until getting it back. It also means you are more vulnerable and probably should be more careful before fighting 1VX. Try to poke and regen to get your energy then you can try to tank some more.

I'l admit in the first video i was trying to cut out the boring parts and the waiting to make it less tedious but I'm terrible at editing and when using youtube editor couldn't make it have a clean cut of everything but the last few seconds and there was no sound either, and I thought there would be. I wanted to explain runes and reasoning.

@Axl.8924 said:I think i could always trade in that dog one if i need a safe rez.

I didn't because i was indecisive about what was it 60 seconds rez? something like that where your dog goes and revives a downed person vs more survivability.

I take some times to answer on forums but you are right Search and rescue is not the best option. It has a long cd and even if you manage to rez you are not sure this will be worthwhile (and with the previous patch your rez is also weaker than what it used to be). It is very situational (even in PvE) but it gives a great feeling when you get a rez from a good position.During HoT Search and rescue was considered OP because druid could rez from range and use stealth to rez (druid was also way harder to kill). Now other professions also use the range rez but with some variations. (and people are fine with it…)

I got a question for you guys how is natures renewal in SPVP? It sounds decently powerful with a 40 sec cd but up to 5 people 3 condis removed.

Also curious because saw someone complaining about revives on ranger and only 2 1 knew about and there was one on druid i didn't from celestial avatar.

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question for you guys how is natures renewal in SPVP? It sounds decently powerful with a 40 sec cd but up to 5 people 3 condis removed.

Also curious because saw someone complaining about revives on ranger and only 2 1 knew about and there was one on druid i didn't from celestial avatar.

I do not recommend nature spirit either. Even if he is more tanky than other spirits he will die quite fast and way before the 40s spells comes back. So you are looking at a 2min cd spirit which can be interrupted (and often will !).If you want a support elite then glyph of stars can be a really strong option but is also dangerous. Try to cast it in range then move out of range if you see someone coming at you. The channel will keep going in the area even if you leave (but keep channeling) making it either a strong anti condi and a great heal + source of buff with a nice range rez.Entangle is probably the safest option as a support / utility elite and strength of the pack is still great for any situations.

So after trying something similar for 12 matches it still is not working as I would like it to http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAYdflFwCZcMP2JeSTmt6SM+ZA-zZZ8E05AI am lacking mobility and quick healings to be a full support. Full immob is fun, but you have to wait >20s so everybody did throw there defense/dispells skills. At least without scourge you are doing decent at staying alive.Side noder is still strong. You do not kill any of the current side noder builds but you can hold them, which is something I like because I lost so many times vs them on other builds over the 2 past seasons. You are nice vs other builds (holo, core guards, reaper).

I did get bit frustrated and missed my core ranger vs those 2 builds : shatter core mesmer and gyro bunker.The first one was killing me in half a second and the other one was standing on the point, almost only auto-ing and he did not get below 85% while I had to do lots of efforts to stay alive and on the point.I am not sure about the staff too. The cd looked too long to make it work. I will give an other try with quickdraw as I used to play it.

@"aymnad.9023" said:So after trying something similar for 12 matches it still is not working as I would like it to http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAYdflFwCZcMP2JeSTmt6SM+ZA-zZZ8E05AI am lacking mobility and quick healings to be a full support. Full immob is fun, but you have to wait >20s so everybody did throw there defense/dispells skills. At least without scourge you are doing decent at staying alive.Side noder is still strong. You do not kill any of the current side noder builds but you can hold them, which is something I like because I lost so many times vs them on other builds over the 2 past seasons. You are nice vs other builds (holo, core guards, reaper).

I did get bit frustrated and missed my core ranger vs those 2 builds : shatter core mesmer and gyro bunker.The first one was killing me in half a second and the other one was standing on the point, almost only auto-ing and he did not get below 85% while I had to do lots of efforts to stay alive and on the point.I am not sure about the staff too. The cd looked too long to make it work. I will give an other try with quickdraw as I used to play it.

There are traits you can change. I'll admit in some of the videos these enemies gave me problems, but I'm not the best druid player, unfortunately.

I sacrificed some traits regarding healing and buffs probably for that extra offensive sustain, but at least we are more sustainy than core eles and tempest.