Cost of 2000 Gem Cards

DaveyC.4398

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Not an issue here; the authorized retailers still have stock, and still sell at the same price.ArenaNet has nothing to do with unauthorized retailers and their prices.

Arenanet are supplying the none authorised retailors. How are they getting the codes otherwise?

mostly shady ways. Like buying from authorised retailers using stolen credit cards, then reselling on all those nice '3rd party market place' websites.

in short: don't buy on websites.

Wrong - Genuine game key wholesalers have them in bulk. I have looked into starting a retailor before. These keys where something I specifically asked the retailor at the time.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:If you want ArenaNet to respond, ask them via support ticket.

They monitor the forums, I can wait...

The people that monitor the forum wont have anything to do with prices for gem cards tho so wont answer.

Indeed. The staff responsible for moderating the forums do not respond to queries - they may notify someone of the question but that'd be the exception rather than the rule. There have been close to 100 threads posted in this forum within the last month, and two posts by ANet staff in that period. Given that this is a question about third-party providers, I'd wager this thread will never receive any response just like the vast majority of others.

If you want public responses, feel free to post in public forums. If you want to hear back from ANet, contact them directly.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Use a credit card. If you have to pay in foreign currency, use a Revolut CC.

That does not answer the question either.

Yes, but what do you expect? People don't know why they are getting more expensive on third party sites. So that's why I jumped directly to the conclusion: use a CC. It's so much more convenient.

And again you miss the OP's point.Using a CC does not change the price of the gem card... in fact in many cases it actually makes it worse as you get slapped with a small additional charge by the online provider more often than not.

OP... sites like G2A or similar are merely the marketplace, the sellers who sell the gem cards set their prices. I have also seen a sharp rises in 2000 gem cards to the point it makes no sense to buy them except via the gem store now.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:No, ArenaNet does not supply unauthorized retailers. If they did, then they would honor the codes when something goes wonky. They don't.

Just because some retailers are not on that arbitrary list doesn't mean it's going to be a wonky deal.If you get a fake code or a used code then sure it's not Anets fault and don't expect them to honour the purchase, but don't tarnish every supplier outside of "THE" list with that same brush... I have never had any issues over many years that's for sure when using 3rd party marketplace sellers. In fact I would hazard a guess some of those sellers could perhaps be the same as those on the list just trying to use as wide a set of online tools as they can to profit.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:No, ArenaNet does not supply unauthorized retailers. If they did, then they would honor the codes when something goes wonky. They don't.

Just because some retailers are not on that arbitrary list doesn't mean it's going to be a wonky deal.If you get a fake code or a used code then sure it's not Anets fault and don't expect them to honour the purchase, but don't tarnish every supplier outside of "THE" list with that same brush... I have never had any issues over many years that's for sure when using 3rd party marketplace sellers. In fact I would hazard a guess some of those sellers could perhaps be the same as those on the list just trying to use as wide a set of online tools as they can to profit.

Not sure how you got that from my answer to "ArenaNet supplies unauthorized retailers".

Sure, you can get a legitimate code there; but, should you have an issue, ArenaNet won't make it good. And that's how we know ArenaNet doesn't supply those unauthorized retailers.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:No, ArenaNet does not supply unauthorized retailers. If they did, then they would honor the codes when something goes wonky. They don't.

Not sure how you got that from my answer to "ArenaNet supplies
unauthorized retailers
".

Sure, you can get a legitimate code there; but, should you have an issue, ArenaNet won't make it good. And that's how we know ArenaNet doesn't supply those unauthorized retailers.

Actually your right ... I just got home and reread your post and my reply.. I guess I read something that was there :(

1000 Apologies Inc

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, NL here too. Me and my wife have beent trying to score some gems ourselves for the past WEEK! The ingame shop doesn't work at all, always comes back with an error. Made a ticket and do not get any response whatsoever. Tried clearing the cashe folder without luck. Tried paying with paypal, online banking and even paysafe, all the same error.

Tried looking for websites that still sell them but there are none. most have been out of stock for months and some even over a year. Called some of them up asking if they get new cards and they just didn't know. There has been one seller (legit seller) who dares charging around 70 euros for a 2000 gem card. The sellers listed on the "partner list" have been out of stock aswell.

so what to do?? I can't buy them ingame, Anet does not respond to the ticket, cant buy the card in a store or online.. so I basiclly want gems (giving Anet my money) but there is no way to do it... This week alone I have wanted to buy 3 things from the store (total price of almost 6000 gems) and they left the store already. I'm getting quite pissed off.

If you are trying to use the same credit card (or different ones anyway) for several accounts you will run into that kind of issues, the system is terrible at this, it will flag you and lock you out of buying anything basicly, you cannot confirm that by yourself, its totally transparent for the users.But in my experience the support should be able to fix that, if they didnt answer it might be because of recent troubles, anniversary and so on, update your ticket (dont make a duplicate) and just wait I guess, theres not really an alternative.

I have not used any credit card because we don't want/have a credit card, so that problem you are describing could be very helpful information for someone, but unfortunately it doesn't help my situation. I am however going to update my ticket because this is getting rediculous.

It's highly unprofessional that a company doesn't spend enough time and effort in making sure their shop is working correctly. The forum are full of people that have trouble with the shop.. Maybe it's time to upgrade the shop to something new that works. The VERY best thing they can do is add the ability to buy gems from your account page on their website, but I do not want to wait 72 hours for my gems like I had to do when I bought the expensions, that sh!t is just rediculous.

Yeah, I dont think it matters what you use, you can get locked out using any method, especially if you used it on more than one account, you could be locked since years and never notice it either.Can understand your frustation, items arent always available on the store and response time is long, but the support should be able to solve your problem, it always did for me at least.

That might be true and all but it's Anet's job to make sure things work in their game. How stupid is it that me (as a customer) have to contact DR (who is working with/for Anet) to ask them to make sure I can give away my money. It should just work. If is does not work as intented then Anet should provide us with other means of buying the gems, like putting them on their website, they do want to make money right. How many people are willing to stick with a game and go through the trouble of tickets and contacting 3rd party companies to just spend some money ??

Might be DR who handles payment, but at the end of the day it is under control of the owner of the game, and that is Anet!