Stolen Boons should use the initial caster's stats

Hot Boy.7138

@Markri.9475 said:If a power ranger shoots a condi opponent that is reflecting, does the reflect use the condi opponents powerstat?

@Markri.9475 said:If a power ranger shoots a condi opponent that is reflecting, does the reflect use the condi opponents powerstat?

I'm not 100% sure about reflects, but I think the answer to that is that it uses the opponent's power stat. Reflects and transfers are to punish the initial caster, but you're not punishing anyone cause it doesn't use the initial caster's stats

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Im amazed it escalated to mesmer op, anyways.since i managed to steal 2min of switftness from necro im fairly confident it steals proper duration ( at least mesmers arcane thevery )I would like it to work it this way too.I would also like for reflect to work off the casters power/condi.

Yes I agree. Reflects should definitely reflect the intial caster's stats. This game already has the tech because Thieves can share poison that uses the initial caster's stats.

Bad idea.It provides unfair advantages and bypasses the investment and limitations of committing to one stat combo or the other..If someone wants the Regeneration they steal to tick more they can invest in Healing Power.Same for conditions returned.If they want the conditions they send back to tick high they should invest in Condition Damage.

@"Aenaos.8160" said:Bad idea.It provides unfair advantages and bypasses the investment and limitations of committing to one stat combo or the other..If someone wants the Regeneration they steal to tick more they can invest in Healing Power.Same for conditions returned.If they want the conditions they send back to tick high they should invest in Condition Damage.

Read what you wrote. "regeneration they steal" / "Conditions returned"... these should use the initial caster's stats. None of these originate from the person doing the transferring/reflecting.

• 2 months later...

Condi transfers and boon steals are fine as is. If you want to take advantage of these, run more condition damage or concentration. Condi builds like condi Rev and Necro get big value from the current functionality, and as a big condi Rev player, I'd argue that this is a very important component to the build's success. There's much lesser value to absorbing a bunch of condis from your allies only to have them tickle your enemies upon transferring them because they were all running full power, even though you are running deep in condition damage.