Needing help with Mesmer & Ranger build.

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I'm having trouble with coming up with a build for my Ranger and Mesmer. Right now for Power builds I have: Necromancer, Elementalist, and Thief. For Condi build I have: Engineer, Warrior, Revenant, and Guardian. So Right now I'm trying to figure out which of these two would make a better power build. For the other one, I was thinking of trying to make a hybrid DPS build of power and condis. So, what do you guys say that between the two would be the best for power building?

Hybrid builds are usually a bad idea, better to go one or the other, otherwise you're weaker from the stat division. If you have the expansions, mirage is a strong Condi profession. I use Viper stats for my Mirage. Then you can go power on your ranger. Core ranger or soulbeast are both strong in open world.

Or you can go for a Condi trapper ranger and power build in chronomancer, but chrono was needed pretty hard recently.

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:Hybrid builds are usually a bad idea, better to go one or the other, otherwise you're weaker from the stat division. If you have the expansions, mirage is a strong Condi profession. I use Viper stats for my Mirage. Then you can go power on your ranger. Core ranger or soulbeast are both strong in open world.

Or you can go for a Condi trapper ranger and power build in chronomancer, but chrono was needed pretty hard recently.

Sure but if you look at Viper stats, its not pure condi, its what many would say is hybrid. Granted the power damage is kitten, it STILL will have higher power stat than condi stat and that power damage DOES matter when things or builds are condi resistant or maybe dont take condi damage at all. The more hybrid stats u get w viper's works better than pure condi for many builds and I would say both mesmer and ranger CAN benefit from Viper's vs pure condi.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:Hybrid builds are usually a bad idea, better to go one or the other, otherwise you're weaker from the stat division. If you have the expansions, mirage is a strong Condi profession. I use Viper stats for my Mirage. Then you can go power on your ranger. Core ranger or soulbeast are both strong in open world.

Sure but if you look at Viper stats, its not pure condi, its what many would say is hybrid. Granted the power damage is kitten, it STILL will have higher power stat than condi stat and that power damage DOES matter when things or builds are condi resistant or maybe dont take condi damage at all. The more hybrid stats u get w viper's works better than pure condi for many builds and I would say both mesmer and ranger CAN benefit from Viper's vs pure condi.

I think there’s some misunderstanding here, hybrid builds was mentioned, not hybrid stats. Hybrid builds (in context of dps) commonly refer to builds whose damage distribution are or aims to be close to 50-50% between power and condi.

‘Pure power’ and ‘pure condi’ are are also just terms that are thrown around, pure condi doesn’t literally have mean ‘only uses condi’. It just means the main form of dmg is from condis. Especially with this OP, all this means is that dmg from conditions should be focused first; any additional power dmg is simply just a bonus (if you tell OP that ‘hybrid’ is okay, they will attempt to run Domination on a viper condi mirage build for power shatter dmg, which is extremely inefficient).

In any case, I would not consider viper’s to be a true hybrid stat combo as the large majority of builds that run viper’s will turn out to be condi builds. On the other hand, the very rare griever builds have turned out to make an approximate 50-50 distribution - where you truly can’t call it either power or condi.