FINALLY GOT TO DOWNLOAD GAME PAST 35%

I was one of many who had trouble NOT installing the game but downloading the launch past 35%. I did everything possible and still to no avail nothing worked. I was even streaming on the game to MAX with only 35% download and was difficult staying on one map to do anything.

I want to say SPECIAL THANKS to these GMs that really helped me out alot. They explained everything step by step even though I'm NOT computer literate; They spent 3 days with me via email helping me along the process.

FINALLY GOT the download so I want to share this with my fellow guild wars friends if your having trouble going past 35% here is the solution.

We all know to uncheck the QoS and if that didnt help here is THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION.

1. Open the Control Panel
    1. Click the "Network and Internet" option, then "Network and Sharing Center"
    2. On the left side of this window, click "Change adapter settings"
    3. Right-click the connection you are using and select "Properties"
    4. In the next window, uncheck the box next to "QoS Packet Scheduler" and make sure "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" is enabled by checking the box. If IPv6 is already enabled, go ahead and leave it checked
    5. Click "OK" to save your changes
    6. Now restart your Internet connection or restart the computer
    7. Start the Guild Wars 2 launcher and allow the download to complete

If the issue persists after making the changes above, please also try the following:

1. Right-click the Guild Wars 2 shortcut
  2. Go to Properties
  3. In the Target field, add the following after the last quotation mark: -assetsrv 3.222.198.66
  4. The full Target should look something like this (note the space after the quote): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv 3.222.198.66
  5. Click Apply and try loading the game

SPECIAL THANKS TO;

GM SPOILED STRAWBERRYGM ULTRA VIPERGM APPLE MERCHANTGM BEAGLE BRO

Thank you again for your kindness and patience and Im so happy I can enjoy a game I love for the past 6 + years. See you all back on the game

Wolf I have been emailing back and forth with the GM and they are very helpful. I would email them (submit a ticket) and tell them you have a MAC. I do understand how you feel it is frustrating and annoying and hopefully when they come back from vacation it will all be sorted out. But in the meantime submit a ticket in support. Best of Luck to you and everyone and Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and Blessed New Year

I'm glad you got it to work! Still not downloading for me. Unchecking QoS didn't work, so I changed the shortcut's target, and now it keeps saying 'connection error(s) detected. Retrying...". So frustrating.***EDIT: figured out that IP address is temp. Found new one. Files remaining is FINALLY decreasing!!!To find current IP address enter "nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1" in cmd.exe (without quotations).

@"Idoru.2370" said:I'm glad you got it to work! Still not downloading for me. Unchecking QoS didn't work, so I changed the shortcut's target, and now it keeps saying 'connection error(s) detected. Retrying...". So frustrating.***EDIT: figured out that IP address is temp. Found new one. Files remaining is FINALLY decreasing!!!To find current IP address enter "nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1" in cmd.exe (without quotations).

Idoru please try the 2nd request i posted above. when you finish installing the game and it stops the launch at 35, close the game. the icon make a shortcut. and proceed with the ip address after the exe".

Anet has been giving this out and it has been working with everyone. It took me almost 9 hours to download the whole game (launches). So pleased when I woke up it finished to 100%. When It downloaded I deleted the Icon "Shortcut". Since then, I dont even have a high ping anymore or lag (wvw with zergs).

Hope you get it up soon, but really try the 2nd suggestion

@kathy.8291 said:Hope you get it up soon, but really try the 2nd suggestion

About the -assetsrv? They did do that, which is what they mean by the last line, because...

@kathy.8291 said:-assetsrv 3.222.198.66

This is invalid. The IP changes every few days and this one expired a week ago. The entire solution is just support parroting what was posted a week ago - it's surprising that they're not verifying it.

For a simple future-proof IP, you can simply use the name instead:

-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com

But some people have slow/cached DNS providers, so to lookup the IP yourself, open a command prompt / terminal and enter:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

Note that origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com is the primary server located in the US, while assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com is a mirror closer to where you live. Only use origincdn when something is wrong - it's slower but reliable, since it's the source server that every assetcdn copies from.

• 2 months later...