Bring back d/p thief

Mathias.9657

Anet needs to realize that nobody gives a shit about their nodes beyond that they give you rewards if you win and serve as an excuse to fight other players. It seems they've forgotten that pvp is player vs player, and it's the fights around the node that matter...and those fights are garbage yet somehow still continually dropping in quality anyway.

From a 'I enjoy strategy' standpoint, GW2 has absolutely amazing spvp. Rotations, matchups - great examples. But actually playing in said strategy against other players? Absolutely horrible. Like asking a commander's opinion - "I'm having a great time!" while the soldiers are getting demolished.

@"Curennos.9307" said:Anet needs to realize that nobody gives a kitten about their nodes beyond that they give you rewards if you win and serve as an excuse to fight other players. It seems they've forgotten that pvp is player vs player, and it's the fights around the node that matter...and those fights are garbage yet somehow still continually dropping in quality anyway.

From a 'I enjoy strategy' standpoint, GW2 has absolutely amazing spvp. Rotations, matchups - great examples. But actually playing in said strategy against other players? Absolutely horrible. Like asking a commander's opinion - "I'm having a great time!" while the soldiers are getting demolished.

its kinda true, who cares that I switch to condi mirage to beat enemy warrior on far, if we dont have fb so my entire team wipes mid 3v3 and game is over.who cares that you took thief and wanna roam and decap if weaver netflix and chills on close so you cant do shit there and your close is holo thats not used to being able to die so he chain ints for 10minutes nonstop, forcing you to teamfight mid as thief.

@Zynk.9015what you want is to safe stomp for free.nobody can safestomp for free, the closest thing I can immagine is mesmers disortion but even then downed person gets stealthed or teleported or other and disort is long CD.use what you have, almost every other class has worse stomp then thief.try stomping with necro, you will quickly realize that its just better to cleave then stomp on necro, and god forbid you play core necro, that cant cleave OR stomp.

@"Curennos.9307" said:Anet needs to realize that nobody gives a kitten about their nodes beyond that they give you rewards if you win and serve as an excuse to fight other players. It seems they've forgotten that pvp is player vs player, and it's the fights around the node that matter...and those fights are garbage yet somehow still continually dropping in quality anyway.

It's almost like listening to people saying they wanted to prevent people from constructing premades was a bad idea.

Nah that can't be it

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Thief sleeper builds.

There's a few of those if you're willing to run glass and give up defenses. They're all less telegraphed than pistol whip.

The game has trouble catching up when a player teleports more than 1800 or so in under a quarter second. As long as the netcode can’t handle that situation then there will be some chance a thief will burn a few cool downs to get 2400 to 3300 distance (assuming you burn shadowstep, steal and sb 5/infiltrators.

But it is pretty glassy for thief to hit hard so the best counter is probably rotational (having multiple players around to shut down a gank) and situational awareness setting up traps and other tricks so you can see the thief coming and put pressure on them to cut their burst window down to manageable levels.

@saerni.2584 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Thief sleeper builds.

There's a few of those if you're willing to run glass and give up defenses. They're all less telegraphed than pistol whip.

The game has trouble catching up when a player teleports more than 1800 or so in under a quarter second. As long as the netcode can’t handle that situation then there will be some chance a thief will burn a few cool downs to get 2400 to 3300 distance (assuming you burn shadowstep, steal and sb 5/infiltrators.

But it is pretty glassy for thief to hit hard so the best counter is probably rotational (having multiple players around to shut down a gank) and situational awareness setting up traps and other tricks so you can see the thief coming and put pressure on them to cut their burst window down to manageable levels.

isnt thief portal gliched too? like you tp, start hitting people and it takes over 1s to register you.

isnt thief portal gliched too? like you tp, start hitting people and it takes over 1s to register you.

That’s possible but I haven’t seen anyone use that yet in PvP. I was actually considering running it as a meme for instant decaps next season but it would be hard to use for pure gap closing imo.

That’s possible but I haven’t seen anyone use that yet in PvP. I was actually considering running it as a meme for instant decaps next season but it would be hard to use for pure gap closing imo.

true, but bug is bug and should be fixed.kinda annoying getting smacked and character doesnt register at all :/

I usually reset my own internet to ensure I eliminate lag as a consideration as much as possible.

That said I usually focus on using disengage long enough for them to reappear. Once you get ganked that way once you just need to keep an extra eye or three out and be ready to hit your panic button as soon as the first strike lands.