Finetuning "Warrior's Cunning"

Ashimmu.4219

Before nerf it was +50% damage vs barriered players, now it's 10% which is not important anymore if you are building specifically to deal with 'tanky' engineers, elementalists and necromancers.One will always consider different among three - Empower Allies (+100pow and increased focus range).To be honest, I've started play warrior class with one sole purpose - to kill stupidly tanky builds mentioned before, but now I can't just one shot them which is the main problem here.I propose to change damage bonus vs barriered players from 10% to 25% and see what happens.Your thoughts?

Would be good to give it a turn around. After the nerf the trait is completely useless, And not worth taking on any scenenario. Could be a team of 5 weavers and you are better off taking Shrug it off over the trait that is suppose to counter barrier. Maybe just forget about the barrier damage and give it a new purpose since ANET rarely increase damage on things they nerf.

From the start, they should’ve make it so that the bonus damage caps at the barrier health that the opponent has. This would prevent ridiculous damage output against a very lightly barriered opponent, and still retain its purpose.

As long as they add in the cap, I’m all for buffing it to 25%.

@Ashimmu.4219 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Can we get this on a plaque somewhere because this is like 90% of complaint threads here.

It's not a complain - it's constructive feedback. I explain why it sucks now and offered variant as an alternative.

your complaint is that you cant 1shot tanky builds? this trait is stupid, it punishes for having small amounts of barrier.it should just make warrior ignore barriers outright with all their damage, but honestly who even has barriers?weaver -> weak ones but they add up.scrapper -> super relies on them, this trait abliterates themscourge -> currently garbage.Did i miss something?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Can we get this on a plaque somewhere because this is like 90% of complaint threads here.

It's not a complain - it's constructive feedback. I explain why it sucks now and offered variant as an alternative.

your complaint is that you cant 1shot tanky builds? this trait is stupid, it punishes for having small amounts of barrier.it should just make warrior ignore barriers outright with all their damage, but honestly who even has barriers?weaver -> weak ones but they add up.scrapper -> super relies on them, this trait abliterates themscourge -> currently garbage.Did i miss something?

It's you who are stupid - don't speak if you don't know.If you have an opinion you can pronounce it more clearly, grounded, in civilized manner.Elementalists and Scrappers are pain in the arse to kill and still they are doing medium damage with tons of CCs - previous iteration of W'sC was addressed it.. in a harsh way, and all we need is just tune it a bit.

@Ashimmu.4219 said:

It's you who are stupid - don't speak if you don't know.If you have an opinion you can pronounce it more clearly, grounded, in civilized manner.Elementalists and Scrappers are pain in the kitten to kill and still they are doing medium damage with tons of CCs - previous iteration of W'sC was addressed it.. in a harsh way, and all we need is just tune it a bit.

Im sorry that you feel entilted to 1shoting everyone with barrier becouse you took 1 trait.wasnt there a screenshot of weaver getting hit for 70+k ? lol

@Ashimmu.4219 said:

It's you who are stupid - don't speak if you don't know.If you have an opinion you can pronounce it more clearly, grounded, in civilized manner.Elementalists and Scrappers are pain in the kitten to kill and still they are doing medium damage with tons of CCs - previous iteration of W'sC was addressed it.. in a harsh way, and all we need is just tune it a bit.

ye sure, cause getting a 50% dmg increase against a weaver who just got an IMMENSELY MASSIVE barrier of 600 (!) for using a dual skill (which btw is a trait you CANT NOT chose) seems like an appropriate and fair solution to it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Ashimmu.4219" said:I also think that 50% is not fair, but also current 10% is not fair because it's too insignificant to choice trait.Can you agree with that?

compare and think about it

Are you implying Egotism is the more "balanced" major trait? Because to me, that trait looks awful and boring. Also, the criteria for getting that 5% is really easy. I'd be fine with the current balance of Warrior's cunning if the bonuses stacked because at least that makes a player go "hmmmmmmm. . . "

@Ovark.2514 said:

@"Ashimmu.4219" said:I also think that 50% is not fair, but also current 10% is not fair because it's too insignificant to choice trait.Can you agree with that?

Are you implying Egotism is the more "balanced" major trait? Because to me, that trait looks awful and boring. Also, the criteria for getting that 5% is really easy. I'd be fine with the current balance of Warrior's cunning if the bonuses stacked because at least that makes a player go "hmmmmmmm. . . "

Normal traits are supposed to be boring, if they have " interesting " factors they become utterly broken.warriors cunning was overnerfed for a reason, it applies overkill level of damage for ANY barrier, it absolutely ruined scrapper for no reason.There are better ways to punish " tanky " builds.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Normal traits are supposed to be boring, if they have " interesting " factors they become utterly broken.warriors cunning was overnerfed for a reason, it applies overkill level of damage for ANY barrier, it absolutely ruined scrapper for no reason.There are better ways to punish " tanky " builds.

Boring choices make a boring game.

@Ovark.2514 said:

Boring choices make a boring game.

you need boring and straightforward, GRANDMASTERS are supposed to be interesting and game defining.there should not be a singular low trait that reads : if you have barrier FUCK you.