How much KP is required to start puging?

It varies as some groups don't ask you to ping KP and others may require you to have 50+. You should be fine with around 30 for each boss for most groups. Regardless of how much KP you have, you'll still get kicked if you constantly fail mechanics.

I would still be cautious about joining groups with 30 LI as that means you've only gotten a few kills for wings 1-4 bosses but none for wings 5+. I'm not saying that you can't but just make sure you know all of the mechanics, and can execute them, if they're looking for experienced players.

Also important is being able to perform your role properly whether it be healer, support, DPS, etc. If you're DPS, you'll want to at least be pulling comparable numbers close to the other DPS in your group.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:It varies as some groups don't ask you to ping KP and others may require you to have 50+. You should be fine with around 30 for each boss for most groups. Regardless of how much KP you have, you'll still get kicked if you constantly fail mechanics.

Going to quote this because it is at the center of WHY kill proof are being used.

To the topic at hand:Kill proof and LI (legendary insights) are no "you are in, that's it" listings. The main reason for KP (and to some extent LI): a group is looking for a player with a set amount of experience in the hopes that he will match their own or come close. LI are more general experience, KP are more boss specific.

You can have 0 KP and be perfectly fine for ANY group (just like how some very experienced raiders have alt accounts with budget characters). Obviously it would be more difficult to get into a PUG group initially, but chances are high once in, you get kept for the entire duration (likely due to peak performance coming from vast experience).

At the same time, you can have 500 LI (or any number) and absolutely 0 experience on a boss, fail 3 times and get immediately removed. That happens too.

The answer to the question is thus:

• Which level of group are you trying to join and does it match your level of experience?
  • Does the group LFG have certain modifiers which would make the search apply to you more (you are playing the desired class, it's a training, you can perform the desired role, etc.)?

If the answer to those 2 questions is YES, then you are rather safe to join the group and likely get taken along.

TL;DR:LI and KP are no secret "you get into the club" demands/requirements. They are literally ONLY there to try to keep an average experience and performance level across group/squad members. Some people start PUGing with 0 LI and KP (jumping into the deep end with training runs etc), others join training discords and servers. Pure PUGing can be very rough at the start simply because it literally a lot of inexperienced players lumped together. That's nothing to be ashamed about, it is something to be aware about though.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:I have been joining my guilds training raids when ever I can and have about 30LI..I've got a good idea on most of the bosses now and feel like I'm ready for the pug groups.What's a safe number of kp to get Into pug groups without an issue?

Short answer: you need as many LIs/KPs as the group where you are going to join is asking.