About those 'Weapons of The Scion'

GW Noob.6038

I've done the meta in Dragonfall many, many, times and have opened umpteen million chests but I still haven't gotten the 'Gift of Aurene'. The wiki says that you're supposed to get it after opening 1,000 chests, but me thinks they changed that to 1,000,000 chests and forgot to update their wiki page. :)

Man, I just want the 'Wand of the Scion', and maybe the 'Artifact of the Scion', but I doubt that I'll have enough Soul left to get the latter. :anguished:

Edit: Also, guys, if you've received a second, or even a third, Scion weapon, let us know how long it took to get them.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I feel you. I stopped playing that meta event a long time ago. I wanted the pistol, but not badly enough to repeat it a thousand times.

Supposedly, it's 1,000 mistborn chests that you have to open...if you've already done the meta a bunch of times I would go back and try it some more. Never know, you might be at 999 chests!

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Even if you only do the boss phase it would take 38 times not 140. 9 bosses with 3 chests.

Okay, obviously, I don't recall the exact number of chests at the end of the meta event. Are you telling me there are 26 of them?? :o That seems unlikely. (Also, no clue what "3 chests" you are referring to.)

Or is the Scion weapon chest not exclusively dropping from those final chests on the platform after Kralkatorrik was defeated?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Even if you only do the boss phase it would take 38 times not 140. 9 bosses with 3 chests.

Okay, obviously, I don't recall the exact number of chests at the end of the meta event. Are you telling me there are 26 of them?? :o That seems unlikely. (Also, no clue what "3 chests" you are referring to.)

Or is the Scion weapon chest not exclusively dropping from those final chests on the platform after Kralkatorrik was defeated?

You open the chests on the platform and then there's a "champ train" going around with 3 chests spawning per boss kill. These are the same chests opened by the same keys, why wouldn't they count?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistborn_CofferRead the notes.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

You open the chests on the platform and then there's a "champ train" going around with 3 chests spawning per boss kill. These are the same chests opened by the same keys, why wouldn't they count?

Read the notes.

Hey I forgot about those so it would be even fewer runs.

On the other hand it is entirely possible that it only counts those final chests. Why? ANet is pretty consistent when it comes to being inconsistent. Also not fixing bugs. :/

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Even if you only do the boss phase it would take 38 times not 140. 9 bosses with 3 chests.

Read the notes.

On the other hand it is entirely possible that it only counts those final chests. Why? ANet is pretty consistent when it comes to being inconsistent. Also not fixing bugs. :/

While I can't be sure, I doubt only the final ones count. There doesn't seem to be any distinction between these chests, they appear to be the same (I think?). And the daily limit of 100 leads me to believe that it is possible to open at least 100 daily (otherwhise, why implement that cap?), so technically you could farm 1000 in 10 days -unless something about them got nerfed. Not that I'll try :p

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Even if you only do the boss phase it would take 38 times not 140. 9 bosses with 3 chests.

Read the notes.

While I can't be sure, I doubt only the final ones count. There doesn't seem to be any distinction between these chests, they appear to be the same (I think?). And the daily limit of 100 leads me to believe that it is possible to open at least 100 daily (otherwhise, why implement that cap?), so technically you could farm 1000 in 10 days -unless something about them got nerfed. Not that I'll try :p

you can easily get over 100 chests in a day, you wont get the big loot chests anymore but its possible.