Help with high ping.

I recently started playing again and have been running into an issue. Most of the time my ping is perfectly fine. Around 50 to 70. However, sometimes when I zone in my ping will be around 600 to 2000 and just stay there. I found that if I log out to the character select screen and log back in it will usually fix the problem. Not sure what is causing it but it makes it kinda frustrating to do boss events and instances since it's like a 1 in 4 chance of happening when I zone in. I don't have any downloads going while I play or anything else that might cause the lag. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Ive been having that same issue since Wintersday launched. I NEVER NEVER NEVER had a high ping before even while doing Meta or WvW. This is the first.. Sometimes my ping ranges from 49 - 4,000. Yes you read it right 4,000. It is NOT my internet service because this DOES NOT happen on my other games. Im just hoping this will all be fixed after Wintesday Jan 7.

HELP ANET

Same my ping is usually 230-250 because i am ocx but since wintersday the game is near impossible to play fps as low as 8 ping as high as 4200 both as I mainly play WvW but to avoid tried some pve and same there, And yes have checked all setting and everything else related and still the same ,maybe after the 7th Jan I may have my game back , so I put the blame squarely on Anets shoulders.

• 2 weeks later...