Objective upgrade rework idea

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Modeled after the old system where u paid for upgrade then it was built, using supply as it upgraded. Instead of coin upgrades would be triggered by players donating an experience based currency to the objective, with members of the claiming guild getting bonus to the donations. Once the fund is capped, upgrades proceed. Also if workers killed upgrade stalls.

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:Modeled after the old system where u paid for upgrade then it was built, using supply as it upgraded. Instead of coin upgrades would be triggered by players donating an experience based currency to the objective, with members of the claiming guild getting bonus to the donations. Once the fund is capped, upgrades proceed. Also if workers killed upgrade stalls.

Rofl,Imagine if they did the silverwastes repair events instead.

But really what does it add? A badge of honor sink? What do the couple dozen players who care enough to buy upgrades get out of it?

Personally, I think Keeps, Towers, Walls, Gates, whatever should have no upgrades of any kind and should remain equal across factions. By having things like walls and gates at a lower hp baseline and pretty static stats across the board, it would promote more action such as Keep/Tower takes and less of the turtling aspect which is rewarded now.

With that said, I think the 'pooled resource' idea is fantastic amongst the players in the map, but I think that reward should be aimed at something different.

Similar to the AV days in WoW, you could gather resources to summon a special NPC or something. Maybe something more like that which stands aside a Keep/Tower boss to help aid, or possible just a Keep/Tower Boss special buff to give them a percentage +HP or something. As these NPCs are already a somewhat dynamic objective, that aspect should be promoted more compared to a static object like a wall or gate.