Kralkatorrik's domains, Jormag's domains, possibly Primordus' domains are revealed now.

Lawtider.9024

Been looking at this topic now that whispers in the dark has been out for a month. Interesting how Sylvari note the similarities between Mordremoth and Jormag’s Mind and Persuasion spheres.

Also I’m actually wondering now if the Fury Aspect of Kralkatorrik is all the storm and lightning effects we keep seeing in the Brand. I guess it could be Crystal too, just seems odd to have a lightning aspect to crystal along with the ability to have prophetic gifts as well.

I watched the Icebrood Saga trailer where it shows the blizzard with lightning, (which I understand is a natural phenomenon), curious if this is Jormag somehow acquiring a bit of left over Fury magic, which given that this trailer seems to show a future event, could be possible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hannelore.8153 said:Just to put a reminder here that Mordremoth's domains in War Eternal are Root and Madness, and the devs said it was intentional. This suggests that their domains aren't as clear cut as they appear, and could be misconstrued entirely.

Yeah, I read that too, very strange. Is the domain changing once it enters the dragon I wonder.

@Tyson.5160 said:I watched the Icebrood Saga trailer where it shows the blizzard with lightning, (which I understand is a natural phenomenon), curious if this is Jormag somehow acquiring a bit of left over Fury magic, which given that this trailer seems to show a future event, could be possible.

If you go to Drakkar Spurs, you'll see lightning spasms between the ice, and in Dredgehaunt Cliffs some Sons of Svanir summon a snowstorm with lightning effects (wish they'd update it to match the Bjora Marches blizzard, because it's so bad). So that's fairly unlikely imo.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:I watched the Icebrood Saga trailer where it shows the blizzard with lightning, (which I understand is a natural phenomenon), curious if this is Jormag somehow acquiring a bit of left over Fury magic, which given that this trailer seems to show a future event, could be possible.

If you go to Drakkar Spurs, you'll see lightning spasms between the ice, and in Dredgehaunt Cliffs some Sons of Svanir summon a snowstorm with lightning effects (wish they'd update it to match the Bjora Marches blizzard, because it's so bad). So that's fairly unlikely imo.

Ah didn’t notice that detail. Guess it’s one of those wait and see kinda things.

@Tyson.5160 said:Been looking at this topic now that whispers in the dark has been out for a month. Interesting how Sylvari note the similarities between Mordremoth and Jormag’s Mind and Persuasion spheres.

Glint had similar abilities. Where did she get those from? Kralkatorrik, probably. And where did he get his from? Likely his mother. If Jormy turns out to be Kralk's mother, that would explain the distribution of similar gifts amongst the dragons. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that all dragons have some kind of mesmeric, persuasive ability, irrespective of their progenitors.

Also I’m actually wondering now if the Fury Aspect of Kralkatorrik is all the storm and lightning effects we keep seeing in the Brand. I guess it could be Crystal too, just seems odd to have a lightning aspect to crystal along with the ability to have prophetic gifts as well.

I believe the Priory's understanding of the dragons' spheres is wrong. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I think Kralkatorrik was the ED of time. Lightning and crystal can be physical projections of aspects of his nature, but not Kralk's true form.

I watched the Icebrood Saga trailer where it shows the blizzard with lightning, (which I understand is a natural phenomenon), curious if this is Jormag somehow acquiring a bit of left over Fury magic, which given that this trailer seems to show a future event, could be possible.

Lightning can be evidence of an airborne ley-line, much like a gust of wind. We should expect to see such phenomena around dragons, not just Jormy.

@Stephen.6312 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Been looking at this topic now that whispers in the dark has been out for a month. Interesting how Sylvari note the similarities between Mordremoth and Jormag’s Mind and Persuasion spheres.

Glint had similar abilities. Where did she get those from? Kralkatorrik, probably. And where did he get his from? Likely his mother. If Jormy turns out to be Kralk's mother, that would explain the distribution of similar gifts amongst the dragons. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that all dragons have some kind of mesmeric, persuasive ability, irrespective of their progenitors.

I believe the Priory's understanding of the dragons' spheres is wrong. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I think Kralkatorrik was the ED of time. Lightning and crystal can be physical projections of aspects of his nature, but not Kralk's true form.

Lightning can be evidence of an airborne ley-line, much like a gust of wind. We should expect to see such phenomena around dragons, not just Jormy.

Are you speaking about Kralkatorrik, Glint, (I would assume Vlast) and Aurene’s prophetic abilities? We have discussed on these forums that it could be aspect of the Crystal Domain.

I suspect the Fury aspect is just Kralkatorrik’s rage. That being said I have some theories that the each Dragon’s secondary domain is only used by the Elder Dragon itself and is not used by minions until that particular Domain is absorbed by another dragon.

For example you don’t see the Risen using any sort of Shadow domain abilities of the sort. Hell, you don’t even really see Zhaitan use Shadow, but I’ll try to look more into that.

Mordremoth had the secondary Mind domain, but you don’t see Mordrem using the Mind Domain. The Shadow of the Dragon seems to be augmented by the Shadow Domain, but not until Zhaitan is dead for obvious reasons.

Kralkatorrik gets the Mind and Death Domain and is able to augment is minions with the Mind Domain, with an increased hive mind awareness for the branded. With Mordremoth being dead the other dragon now have access.

Now that Kralkatorrik’s dead and possibly some of his energy seeped into Tyria, the Fury Domain could be up for grabs as well. I would imagine once Jormag is dead the Persuasion Domain would be accessible too.