Long bow range needs to be NERF.

jgeezz.7832

The ranger Long Bow range needs to be nerfed. This is because No other class even has range on a ranger which is a major disadvantaged being able to destroy siege in WvW at far range is totally unbalanced. Only the thief is able to compare but at a disadvantage because he is forced to sit and is immobile.

Devs. this is an unbalanced mechanic.

• Like 1

Oh boy another nerf ranger thread. Well if you have an issue with the range then might I suggest you go play your thief in pve and forget wvw all together. Hit ( stealth, stealth run away ) rinse and repeat. Eventually you'll get a kill. Every class needs something to be good at and this is ranger territory. So go cry in your towel and not on the forum.

If you have problems against pewpew ranger ask for counter play instead of crying for a nerf.Longbow is easy counter playable by baiting rapid fires and unblockables. Dodging, reflects, hiding behind objects or blocking.The range isn't the issue it's that it is a noob filter and prevents accessability for new roamers.Learn to play against rangers and see when it is favorable and when it is not.

Disagree, if anything the Range is the only thing that makes playing LB in WvW viable.Take that away and what's the point in even having another Bow weapon in the game.

What I'd rather see is both the Longbow and the Rifle get high range slow autos across ALL! classes that use them.The whole point of a Longbow is Range, that's what they were made for and a Rifle is essentially accuracy and range.Only Deadeye's and Rangers actually play to this function though which has often annoyed me.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:Longbow is easy counter playable by baiting rapid fires and unblockables. Dodging, reflects, hiding behind objects or blocking.

Dodge doesn't work any more and as a thief the way it was explained, in the following post stealth is broken on a thief if you try to dodge rapid fire from a ranger, even if you dodge right or left the rapid fire turns into homing arrows and follows you.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89779/stealth-is-completly-worthless#latest

Longbow is already so bad in PvE to a level were you get kicked from squads just for having it, why should they make it suck in PvP/WvW also?Since the condi build don't do that great in PvP/WvW, nerfing the longbow will damage the class so badly.Indeed its strong, but also its not OP level strong unless its under the hand of good play and in this case everything could be "OP" and need to be nerfed.

@jgeezz.7832 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:Longbow is easy counter playable by baiting rapid fires and unblockables. Dodging, reflects, hiding behind objects or blocking.

Dodge doesn't work any more and as a thief the way it was explained, in the following post stealth is broken on a thief if you try to dodge rapid fire from a ranger, even if you dodge right or left the rapid fire turns into homing arrows and follows you.

But it still misses during the dodge.Ranger was always antithief because it could burst their tiny bit of health away pretty effectively from a safe distance.Its generally considered a bad match up against thieves.

If you are close enough shadowstep behind the ranger might also work and interrupt its skill.

Fixing stealth seems more important for thieves players tbh than nerfing longbow range.Because you will still get snipped from afar either way.

Idk. Damage hammer will reach all classes.

But what made LB really op was already removed/nerfed wich was the unblock uptimes.

There are far more broken classes than ranger atm, its strong but won’t carry that easilly as some other specs do.

Problem with ranger is the maul, most cry about CoR and yet maul hit arround15k on tanky stats with lots of reducers....

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:how about fix the ranger LB so it doesnt shoot over 1500 intended range? and how about arrows dont angle around corners.fix the bug > nerf. 1500 range is fine, but ranger can shoot over 1500 and thats too much

Bug?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot"The projectile flies in a small arc and can actually hit targets outside of the maximum range."Wiki also disagrees with this. D:

@Revolution.5409 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:how about fix the ranger LB so it doesnt shoot over 1500 intended range? and how about arrows dont angle around corners.fix the bug > nerf. 1500 range is fine, but ranger can shoot over 1500 and thats too much

Bug?
"The projectile flies in a small arc and can actually hit targets outside of the maximum range."Wiki also disagrees with this. D:

Well, when the skill displays a given range, and actual range in flat ground is actually longer, I'd say there's something wrong there. Either fix the tooltip, or fix the range. :/

@Revolution.5409 said:

Bug?
"The projectile flies in a small arc and can actually hit targets outside of the maximum range."Wiki also disagrees with this. D:

then you need to learn to read the wiki properly.its in the NOTES not skill description.Range: 1,500 .its supposed to have 1500 range, if it has more its bugged and needs to be fixed.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:how about fix the ranger LB so it doesnt shoot over 1500 intended range? and how about arrows dont angle around corners.fix the bug > nerf. 1500 range is fine, but ranger can shoot over 1500 and thats too much

Bug?

then you need to learn to read the wiki properly.its in the NOTES not skill description.Range: 1,500 .its supposed to have 1500 range, if it has more its bugged and needs to be fixed.

Note does not mean Bug or that the Skill does not work well.

There are skills that have been working for years in this way, Short-Bow Thief, Elementalist Staff, Engi mortar etc ... have skills that go beyond the indicated range, ask in the right section to solve this which you define a bug because this is not a Rangers problem.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:how about fix the ranger LB so it doesnt shoot over 1500 intended range? and how about arrows dont angle around corners.fix the bug > nerf. 1500 range is fine, but ranger can shoot over 1500 and thats too much

Bug?

There are skills that have been working for years in this way, Short-Bow Thief, Elementalist Staff, Engi mortar etc ... have skills that go beyond the indicated range, ask in the right section to solve this which you define a bug because this is not a Rangers problem.

the fact that other classes are broken is no excuse for ranger to be broken, longbow attacks go beyond its intended range and thus are broken.its simple, I dont understand why you keep failing to grasp that.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Bug?

the fact that other classes are broken is no excuse for ranger to be broken, longbow attacks go beyond its intended range and thus are broken.its simple, I dont understand why you keep failing to grasp that.

So everything is broken but Ranger goes Nerfed, it seems to me a nice way of thinking.I repeat, it is something that is not exclusive to Ranger but also to other professions that I have listed in my other post, but you are here to request nerfs for Ranger and not for others who can do the same.I am interested in understanding that if something needs to be changed it must apply to "everyone".So if you have problems with this, create a post in the appropriate section and ask that this be changed on all not only for what you don't like.

Personally I have no problem, it has been working this way for 7 years. It is not something nobody knows, it's part of the game.

@Revolution.5409 said:

Bug?

So everything is broken but Ranger goes Nerfed, it seems to me a nice way of thinking.I repeat, it is something that is not exclusive to Ranger but also to other professions that I have listed in my other post, but you are here to request nerfs for Ranger and not for others who can do the same.I am interested in understanding that if something needs to be changed it must apply to "everyone".So if you have problems with this, create a post in the appropriate section and ask that this be changed on all not only for what you don't like.

Personally I have no problem, it has been working this way for 7 years. It is not something nobody knows, it's part of the game.

I didnt know those things existed, if they do go ahead and get them fixed too.the FACT IS, longbow is SUPPOSED to have 1500 range. Its not the case, FIX THIS.Other classes having bugs is no excuse for ranger to have bugs.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:If you have problems against pewpew ranger ask for counter play instead of crying for a nerf.Longbow is easy counter playable by baiting rapid fires and unblockables. Dodging, reflects, hiding behind objects or blocking.The range isn't the issue it's that it is a noob filter and prevents accessability for new roamers.Learn to play against rangers and see when it is favorable and when it is not.

oh that helps you so much when the pew pew ranger stands on a wall and there is no way to break line of sight or hide behind anything.

Ranger is one of three utterly broken classes. Just admit it. It is ok you want to keep your OP pet class. Must be fun to rapid fire, long-range-shot-barrage. But for everyone else they are a pest at best, destroying FUN.

I don't disagree that there are broken issue every where but range on a ranger is stupidly to far, if he was immobile when he was firing his bow than and it drop to 1,200 range when he wasn't like a Deadeye thief than yeah that is might be called a balancing of a broken class.