[Daredevil] Marauder's Resilience trait mechanics question

pruvetik.2708

Rune working as well, but active and activated passive effects like food or assassin signet aren't included, since they can proc mid-combat. Might neither affects your hp, however it affect your power.

So i guess only stats that are interchangeable out of combat affect this trait.

@dDuff.3860 said:Rune working as well, but active and activated passive effects like food or assassin signet aren't included, since they can proc mid-combat. Might neither affects your hp, however it affect your power.

So i guess only stats that are interchangeable out of combat affect this trait.

once again FOOD IS WORKING! :) When I'm consuming food with power I'm gaining health from the trait. so either food stats bonus treated different way than signet and enhancements and it should be written in trait description or game mechanics somewhere, either it's sound as something is missing by developers :)

This message to all people who will come and was not read first post in this thread:

• food with power+ferocity GIVING bonus health from Marauder's Resilience trait
  • Enhancement which are giving power NOT giving health from Marauder's Resilience trait
  • Assassin's Signet in both states(active and passive) NOT giving health from Marauder's Resilience trait

question raised: Why one bonus(FOOD) is working with trait and other bonuses are not?

if you have any links to the wiki/forum which explains this mechanics(about bonuses categories and how they are treated) I will be thankful if you will post them here, because I didn't find(or missed) this explanation on wiki.

Thanks to all people who replied and who will reply! :)

@"pruvetik.2708" said:This message to all people who will come and was not read first post in this thread:

• Enhancement which are giving power NOT giving health from Marauder's Resilience trait
  • Assassin's Signet in both states(active and passive) NOT giving health from Marauder's Resilience trait

question raised: Why one bonus(FOOD) is working with trait and other bonuses are not?

It is to prevent chaining enhancements. What I mean is -- for instance; using Signet of Agility to enhance precision to enhance power from Sharpening Stone to enhance vitality from Marauder's Resilience to enhance ferocity from Wurm Rune -- that is but a wishful thinking, not going to happen. The Dev have foreseen that nonsense and made sure that wouldn't happen.

So think about it as a one-time use enhancement. If the food enhances power, Marauder Resilience can use that one-time to enhance vitality -- since that is already been used, Wurm Rune will not be able to use it to enhance your ferocity. However, if the food enhances vitality directly, Wurn Rune can use that one-time to enhance your ferocity, but your Sharpening stone will not be able to use that to enhance your power.

With that said, let's answer your questions;

That is because the food states +100 Power while the enhancement (i.e. Sharpening stone) is derived from precision/ferocity or other stats. Remember what I said above about chain enhancement? Since the Sharpening Stone is not a static effect, meaning it changes when other stats change, it will not be used to enhance other stats. The food has a +100 power static effect that will stay +100 no matter what.

This is due to the difference between static and active (not activated) effects. Buffs (i.e. Might) are considered active effect thus it's not factored into the calculation for Marauder's Resilience. On the other hand, food is considered a static effect as if equipping a piece of armor with Power in it. Signets are active effect, meaning it only enhances your stats as long a it is active in your skill bar -- just like a Buff enhancing your stats as long as they are active in a given duration.

Signet effects are not static since it doesn't have the '+' sign, instead it uses the word "Grants" just like the one from enhancement using the word "Gains", meaning they are active effect.

You can easily see the difference by taking Deadly Arts, equip a dagger, then toggle Dagger Training on and off and see how it affects vitality through Marauder's Resilience. Dagger Training affects it because it uses the '+' sign.

Now to throw a wrench to the process, Might uses the '+' sign yet it doesn't effect the vitality through Marauder's Resilience. That is because even though that is the case, the enhancement from Might is not a static effect. For instance, there are traits that changes the enhancement of Might to grant more power than condition damage or vice versa, which makes the bonus not static because it can be changed.

And to add more to the confusion, passive effects (i.e. Assassin's Signet) technically are effects that are always active, because if it is indeed passive it will not do anything. So technically, Assassin's signet has an active effect that grants 180 Power and an activated effect that grants 540 power for 5s. The real passive effects are the ones you get from your gear a.k.a. static effects.

So the root of your problem is the poor choice of words and inconsistencies in their usage. Welcome to GW2.