Launcher will not download game

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@womptimus.6970 said:@Aaralyna.3104 I tried to fix it this way, but the q0s packet scheduler is not an option on mac. my IPv6 was already on as well :(

also tried with the -assetsrv command and it did not help either

If I recall correctly, you require the currently active IP for this, which I believe can be determined by using the following command in Command Prompt:
  • nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

If anyone is having issues using the nslookup command or it is giving the wrong addresses, try using 8.8.8.8 as your affix

@"Wolf.2596" I would recommend checking these threads out. I worked through this and it solved my issue immediately, I was also stalling at exactly 258K files. Hopefully this can work for you https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/eey6kh/arenanet_sends_me_my_download_stalling_fix/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/eej042/download_stalling_fix/

I had this problem - this is what I did:

• Went to cmd.exe
  • Typed in "nslookup origincdn101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1" (without quotations) and pressed enter
  • What then showed were two IP addresses for Anet's main servers - one was 52.202.155.150 and the other was 100.24.171.100
  • Decided to try adding -assetsrv 52.202.155.150 to the end of the command line (right-click your game shortcut, and add this phrase to the "Target" line at the very end; make sure there is a space between ".exe"" and the -assetsrv)
  • Applied the change and started the launcher

This seems to have worked for me when a VPN and lack of firewall did not.

@Karsinogins.5693 said:

@womptimus.6970 said:@Aaralyna.3104 I tried to fix it this way, but the q0s packet scheduler is not an option on mac. my IPv6 was already on as well :(

also tried with the -assetsrv command and it did not help either

If I recall correctly, you require the currently active IP for this, which I believe can be determined by using the following command in Command Prompt:
  • nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1

If anyone is having issues using the nslookup command or it is giving the wrong addresses, try using 8.8.8.8 as your affix

OMG it seems to work. It didn't with the 1.1.1.1 affix and now even though the download speeds are still abnormally slow ( 1-2mb/s slow) at least the remaining files are going down. Thank you so much.

@Zeranaktra.6982 said:OMG it seems to work. It didn't with the 1.1.1.1 affix and now even though the download speeds are still abnormally slow ( 1-2mb/s slow) at least the remaining files are going down. Thank you so much.

Use assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com to patch as you would normally (it's your local mirror). Only use origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com for testing (it's the primary US server).

@Karsinogins.5693 said:@"Wolf.2596" I would recommend checking these threads out. I worked through this and it solved my issue immediately, I was also stalling at exactly 258K files. Hopefully this can work for you https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/eey6kh/arenanet_sends_me_my_download_stalling_fix/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/eej042/download_stalling_fix/

Thanks but it wouldn't do much good for me, I'm on a mac...and those instructions are for windows.

@Zeranaktra.6982 said:OMG it seems to work. It didn't with the 1.1.1.1 affix and now even though the download speeds are still abnormally slow

@"Healix.5819" said:Use assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com to patch as you would normally (it's your local mirror). Only use origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com for testing (it's the primary US server).

I corrected my original post to add the info.

@Wolf.2596 said:

@Karsinogins.5693 said:@Wolf.2596 I would recommend checking these threads out. I worked through this and it solved my issue immediately, I was also stalling at exactly 258K files. Hopefully this can work for you

Thanks but it wouldn't do much good for me, I'm on a mac...and those instructions are for windows.

Also looking for a Mac fix /:

This is a reoccuring issue. I have had to uninstall and reinstall for every patch lately. My tickets have been answered but not resulting in a resolution for this problem. I have lost hope in addressing a ticket system that does not help, whether the issue is with this download or any ingame bug fixes. Items missing from typical rewards, etc. This game is hardly worth the frustrations I have had lately.

@"princessdan.4829" said:Also looking for a Mac fix /:

If you've been following along, you should've already seen these, but here are the generic ones:

For a server/DNS problem, use one of the following:

-assetsrv 100.24.171.100

-assersrv 52.202.155.150

See the wiki for how to use these, and note these IPs will expire within a few days.

For an ISP/route problem:

Use a VPN. Try different countries and make sure GW2 is actually going through it. TunnelBear is a popular choice, while support has recommended proXPN in the past.

For everything else, the problem is sourced at your computer. For example, anything that interferes with your traffic could potentially cause it, such as anti-virus, firewalls, anti-spyware/ads, website filters, optimizers, etc.

For more information on what it's stuck downloading, you can use the -log option - let it run for a few minutes, then exit and post the log (Gw2.log). See the wiki for details.

Thank you Healix.5819 I live not far from Montreal in Canada and this Dns -assetsrv 100.24.171.100 has work for me so I guess after more than 4 hours of trying, I can conclude that the problem comes from the dns they are enough for you find one that works for you."A: \ Guild Wars 2 \ Gw2-64.exe" -assetsrv 100.24.171.1001.

I am also having a problem getting my game to download after buying a new pc. I was hoping to get the game downloaded and installed but I Have been met with problems from the onset. The launcher shows no progress, on the meter, and I have over 250k files left. Even when it shows its downloading files, they are not being subtracted from the total. After a while the download speed goes to zero and I have to restart again. Has anyone here seen anything like that?

Retried again today with another fresh install. Launcher works fine until it reaches 259,000 files. After that I have to restart and the files remaining never moves anymore. Almost a full day of responses with the support guys and still no answers that will help get past this problem.

@agmartes.2716 said:Retried again today with another fresh install. Launcher works fine until it reaches 259,000 files. After that I have to restart and the files remaining never moves anymore. Almost a full day of responses with the support guys and still no answers that will help get past this problem.

Have you tried the suggestions in this, and other threads?

Same boat as the rest of the Mac users in this thread. Coming back to the game and it downloads to around 35% then stops. Closed the client and re-opened. Not it shows 256,566 files remaining while also downloading but never decreasing the file count. Have downloaded over 4 GBs of files but the count never decreases. Close and re-open the client. Same thing happens over and over again. Maybe I'm not meant to come back to the game.

. > @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@agmartes.2716 said:Retried again today with another fresh install. Launcher works fine until it reaches 259,000 files. After that I have to restart and the files remaining never moves anymore. Almost a full day of responses with the support guys and still no answers that will help get past this problem.

Have you tried the suggestions in this, and other threads?

I am not using a Mac, and I have tried everything in this thread, and have been using this exact same information given to me by the support team. Today they told me they know its an ongoing problem, and they have no ETA on a fix. I know there are a lot of people trying to be helpful, but none of this stuff has worked for me in the past few days. I have been working with support for 4 days and on a brand new pc and I tried it on an older pc. Neither one will make it past 259,000 files remaining before the launcher craps out.Just to clarify, I have tried to do it 3 different times on my new pc. It stops almost every time near the same spot.

Bump for this thread.Anet this is still an issue. Been since Wintersday patch it seems.Hubs (Mac) is trying to reinstall game after it crapped out with crashes from your LNY patch (no issues with Wintersday die us) and it’s stuck at 35%.Can we get an official acknowledgment here in the forums or do you really want everyone blowing up support to find info on the problem.If comment above is correct, you’ve admitted there’s an ongoing issue- so why no official response here in the forums? We WOULDN’T have uninstalled/reinstalled to try and fix this problem if an official comment was in the threads stating this on going problem. Seriously?

Can someone please post a mac workaround for this issue with detailed explanation (for non technical user) on how to get the game client to complete loading? I've seen people insert code into the launcher directing it to a specific server, but I don't understand how to do that, and the specific instructions offered (years ago) don't seem applicable to the current mac launcher in 2020.I've been in contact with Anet and they don't have a solution for me yet, so I'm willing to try other options.Thanks.

I've got something similar happening.

When I try to reinstall the game, it says it is downloading and it shows the amount of MB downloaded, but the file's remaining gets stuck at 33,151. And even though it shows that it is still downloading, it never cracks that number of 33,151.

I've sat and let the bar completely finish the download all the way to end, but when I restart the client it starts back over at 0% with 33,151 files to download, but none of them ever touch the computer.

The strangest part about this, is that before this happened, it had downloaded maybe about 50% of the game file first, which stuck on the PC, and THEN it started doing this with those remaining 33.151 files. It shows and says they are being downloaded, acts like they finish from the bar under, but they never touch the PC somehow.

@"Alarwen.3127" said:Can someone please post a mac workaround for this issue with detailed explanation (for non technical user) on how to get the game client to complete loading? I've seen people insert code into the launcher directing it to a specific server, but I don't understand how to do that, and the specific instructions offered (years ago) don't seem applicable to the current mac launcher in 2020.I've been in contact with Anet and they don't have a solution for me yet, so I'm willing to try other options.Thanks.try this? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#Usagethere is section for Mac involving 2 different methods to use command line arguments on it

Yes, I've tried them both. There is no longer a file called "CiderSettings.plist" in the GW2 package. They seem to have changed or rearranged things since then. I've looked in the other files of the packet to see if any are functioning the same way, but none have the described "cmdline" string in them. The WIKI needs to be updated to be an appropriate solution.

@"Alarwen.3127" said:There is no longer a file called "CiderSettings.plist" in the GW2 package. They seem to have changed or rearranged things since then.

That's the old 32-bit client that they dropped years ago (64-bit is current). The equivalent to that would be the section on Settings.json.

Alternatively, see the help article on repairing for how to use command line options:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

In short, open a terminal and enter:/Applications/Guild\ Wars\ 2\ 64-bit.app/Contents/MacOS/GuildWars2 -assetsrv 54.84.216.160