Suggestions for 2020

Dear Developers and Management team,

Thanks for the nice game over the years. I have been playing it for quite sometime and I feel that the game is really good in lot of aspects compared to other MMOs around. However, there could be a few things, if implemented can make the game not only more interesting, but can potentially increase your overall business with substantial ROI.

Being a Guild Wars 2 fan, a player and coming from a business development and marketing background, here are my few points:

1. The game currently lacks marketing initiatives. There is eventually no digital marketing for the game. Another competitor who might still be the biggest MMO till date but with a far less quality game mode, still rules the charts primarily because of their marketing. Their cinematic is beyond comparison. You can try do the same. Active digital marketing of Living world stories and expansions via cinematic in YouTube, FB and Twitter handles can potentially attract new players as well as motivate returning players, eventually leading to revenue

2. There needs to be an investment in PvP and WvW game modes as well. The player base is less, but if we wish to improve the same, then there has to be a development in PvP and WvW modes in parallel to PvE content. Having the same rewards is not motivating. Structured PvP needs a revamp, both in terms of design as well as the rewards. The progression can be made harder but a title for each tier crossed, which stays in-game forever can be really rewarding for a lot of players. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and possibly 10v10 modes can work wonders. Apart from node captures, having modes for Flag carrying to a base, like in a competitor MMO can be really rewarding as it will not only emphasis on class-coordination but can also lead to more community interactions

3. Going by the name of the game, Guild vs Guild events can be designed both in PvP and Open World events. Organized tournaments in 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and 10v10 under Guild vs Guild, 20-30 vs 20-30 mode in WvW were particular Guilds from different servers compete for rewards can infuse a lot of interest even in casual players resulting in increase in player base, time investment and game purchases resulting in improved ROI

4. Apart from the Black Lion Trading company, the game should also be providing armor and weapon skins. Cash flow is necessary to keep the bottom line healthy but if armor and weapon skins or items with improved attributes can be obtained in-game, then it can be far more rewarding for the players. Also, Legendary armor and weapons can have higher stats apart from being a unique skin!

5. Race passives and bonuses can work wonders. At present the races are just for appearances and skins but if races can have some passives and bonuses, it will certainly make players create more characters and try out different game styles, eventually leading to improved revenue and ROI. Of course adding couple of more races can work wonders for the game. The character animation of Guild Wars is miles better than the so called biggest MMO in the market, hence having an Orc/Ogre race for example or an Elv type of a race will certainly attract lot more players and purchases

Hopefully my points will be taken in a good light. I really wish to see the game growing and would be very happy to contribute towards the same in any way possible.

Wishing the entire team a healthy and prosperous new year 2020.

Warm RegardsDr. Sunny DuttaguptaNew Delhi, IndiaLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sunnyduttagupta/Skype: dgsunny23

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I really would like to have is the ability to move the camera without having to click and hold. Gosh! This is annoying and even hurt fingers and wrists (not to mention the cursor vanishes from time to time). Sure, sure, we have Action Camera but that thing is awful, too fast,with a super small cursor and moving 360° is awkward.

If I could just fix the portion of screen I want to see by clicking and holding as it is today and from then on just move the mouse left and right and having the camera do its thing horizontally only, smoothly, would be awesome.

1) new races will likely never be implemented because think of every single armour in the game, now think of the devs having to put that on another body type. think of all the animations, all of the weapon sizes, everything. it’ll be way too much work for something that doesn’t change gameplay.

2) racial bonuses would break builds if they are too strong, if they are too weak then it’s pointless.

3) legendary armour has the same stats as ascended because this game is casual player friendly, you should be able to play how you want without the restriction of not being able to get the highest tier because of the grind. no point changing something now 7 years in if it makes no difference but causes annoyance.

@BaconReaper.5719 said:1) new races will likely never be implemented because think of every single armour in the game, now think of the devs having to put that on another body type. think of all the animations, all of the weapon sizes, everything. it’ll be way too much work for something that doesn’t change gameplay.

2) racial bonuses would break builds if they are too strong, if they are too weak then it’s pointless.

3) legendary armour has the same stats as ascended because this game is casual player friendly, you should be able to play how you want without the restriction of not being able to get the highest tier because of the grind. no point changing something now 7 years in if it makes no difference but causes annoyance.

The game is casual player friendly but having slightly higher stats which plays a role in PvE will only make the game more interesting. The grind is already there and it will be but having legendary weapon with higher stats will have its own significance. If not stats then rather than just the unique appearance, a legendary weapon should have significant visual change upon use as we see change of Leggy armor from Raids for example.

Not necessary that racial bonuses will break builds. It will only provide several new options for players to try in the game.

An MMO which is existing for such long time can definitely implement new races. It is a lot of work but they do it fantastically with such engaging maps. They are efficient and can definitely try doing the same

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Or, Guild Wars 2 could not try to copy WoW.

It is not about coping WoW. WoW PvP flag carrying game mode is really nice. It brings in actually the class coordination significance and every team can have a combination of their game style. The rest of my points are more generic and probably will hold a good significance in this game. Here the combat is really fluid and the overall gameplay is much more realistic. Hence implementing some if not all the above suggestions can make if further more interesting.

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:Dear Developers and Management team,

Thanks for the nice game over the years. I have been playing it for quite sometime and I feel that the game is really good in lot of aspects compared to other MMOs around. However, there could be a few things, if implemented can make the game not only more interesting, but can potentially increase your overall business with substantial ROI.

Being a Guild Wars 2 fan, a player and coming from a business development and marketing background, here are my few points:

1. The game currently lacks marketing initiatives. There is eventually no digital marketing for the game. Another competitor who might still be the biggest MMO till date but with a far less quality game mode, still rules the charts primarily because of their marketing. Their cinematic is beyond comparison. You can try do the same. Active digital marketing of Living world stories and expansions via cinematic in YouTube, FB and Twitter handles can potentially attract new players as well as motivate returning players, eventually leading to revenue

2. There needs to be an investment in PvP and WvW game modes as well. The player base is less, but if we wish to improve the same, then there has to be a development in PvP and WvW modes in parallel to PvE content. Having the same rewards is not motivating. Structured PvP needs a revamp, both in terms of design as well as the rewards. The progression can be made harder but a title for each tier crossed, which stays in-game forever can be really rewarding for a lot of players. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and possibly 10v10 modes can work wonders. Apart from node captures, having modes for Flag carrying to a base, like in a competitor MMO can be really rewarding as it will not only emphasis on class-coordination but can also lead to more community interactions

3. Going by the name of the game, Guild vs Guild events can be designed both in PvP and Open World events. Organized tournaments in 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and 10v10 under Guild vs Guild, 20-30 vs 20-30 mode in WvW were particular Guilds from different servers compete for rewards can infuse a lot of interest even in casual players resulting in increase in player base, time investment and game purchases resulting in improved ROI

4. Apart from the Black Lion Trading company, the game should also be providing armor and weapon skins. Cash flow is necessary to keep the bottom line healthy but if armor and weapon skins or items with improved attributes can be obtained in-game, then it can be far more rewarding for the players. Also, Legendary armor and weapons can have higher stats apart from being a unique skin!

5. Race passives and bonuses can work wonders. At present the races are just for appearances and skins but if races can have some passives and bonuses, it will certainly make players create more characters and try out different game styles, eventually leading to improved revenue and ROI. Of course adding couple of more races can work wonders for the game. The character animation of Guild Wars is miles better than the so called biggest MMO in the market, hence having an Orc/Ogre race for example or an Elv type of a race will certainly attract lot more players and purchases

Hopefully my points will be taken in a good light. I really wish to see the game growing and would be very happy to contribute towards the same in any way possible.

Wishing the entire team a healthy and prosperous new year 2020.

1- There is already an appropriate level of marketing for the game. Also, Anet needs to spend more money on development and updates, as opposed to overdoing paid advertising.

2- The Devs have been, and are, working on spvp and wvw. Alliances coming for wvw. Ongoing Spvp updates. Major overhaul for profession balance coming.

3- The "guild" in Guild Wars is not because of GW1 GvG.

4- There are armor and weapon sets released regularly in-game. Legendaries were designed to have the same stats as Ascended gear to avoid the gear treadmill. The benefits to legendaries are stat swapping and cosmetic, and that's unique enough.

5- We don't need those, and some find them silly in other mmos where you pick a race just because of some unique bonus tied to them.

@Eagelseye.6312 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Or, Guild Wars 2 could not try to copy WoW.

It is not about coping WoW. WoW PvP flag carrying game mode is really nice. It brings in actually the class coordination significance and every team can have a combination of their game style. The rest of my points are more generic and probably will hold a good significance in this game. Here the combat is really fluid and the overall gameplay is much more realistic. Hence implementing some if not all the above suggestions can make if further more interesting.

Then, it might be best not to mention it so often, or want to use their ideas.

@Swagger.1459 said:

1- There is already an appropriate level of marketing for the game. Also, Anet needs to spend more money on development and updates, as opposed to overdoing paid advertising.

While i really dont agree with the OP, i have to say..what marketing? i see WOW and ESO adds everytime i go to the game store nearby, hell i see WOW and ESO adds around the internet far more than ive ever seen GW2 adds. They really only market to people already playing the game from what ive seen.

@Dante.1763 said:

While i really dont agree with the OP, i have to say..what marketing? i see WOW and ESO adds everytime i go to the game store nearby, hell i see WOW and ESO adds around the internet far more than ive ever seen GW2 adds. They really only market to people already playing the game from what ive seen.

I've had Guild Wars link in a special designed button on my gaming website for a while.It's only a small website with the number of members just shy of 200.

But, That's how much I care for this game.

How many people is reaching out to, I'm not sure. Haven't looked at the stats recently.But you're probably right.I think players themselves are the biggest marketing at the moment.In the last few years, I think I've only seen GW2 advertised once on TV, if I'm not mistaken.

If they put half the number of quality skins that they put in black lion chests and the gem store into ways of getting them in game, people would be more incentivized to spend money. Its been proven every time.

If devs only put the hard, quality effort into gem skins and none into gameplay exclusive drops, people don't feel rewarded and don't feel they should reward the company in return.

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:

1. Race passives and bonuses can work wonders. At present the races are just for appearances and skins but if races can have some passives and bonuses, it will certainly make players create more characters and try out different game styles, eventually leading to improved revenue and ROI. Of course adding couple of more races can work wonders for the game. The character animation of Guild Wars is miles better than the so called biggest MMO in the market, hence having an Orc/Ogre race for example or an Elv type of a race will certainly attract lot more players and purchases

No. There's a reason why this doesn't exist in game and why racial skills suck. It's to prevent people from going, "Oh, you want to join my team a warrior? You better be a norn warrior!" or, "Charr, human, and norn spellcasters suck! If you play a spellcaster as one of those races, then you are a stupid noob!" They even said so in a blog back when the game was still in development. So no. Anet made the smart choice, and they need to stand by it.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I don't think the op meant that the race passives would be directly connected to the class they pick, but rather something to do with the race in itself.

For instance.Norn = ToughnessCharr = PowerHuman = QuicknessSylvari = RegenerationAsura = Alacrity

I may be wrong.

So...only charrs would be able to play power builds in PVE, got it. Norn would barely be taken because toughness is bad for nearly everything. In fact, your entire meta would for the most part be. Asura, Human, Charr.

its a terrible idea IMO.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:I don't think the op meant that the race passives would be directly connected to the class they pick, but rather something to do with the race in itself.

For instance.Norn = ToughnessCharr = PowerHuman = QuicknessSylvari = RegenerationAsura = Alacrity

I may be wrong.

So...only charrs would be able to play power builds in PVE, got it. Norn would barely be taken because toughness is bad for nearly everything. In fact, your entire meta would for the most part be. Asura, Human, Charr.

its a terrible idea IMO.

And there's no way to change your race, so you would have to pick your race based on what you want to do in PvE/WvW/PvP while creating said character. Or delete a character just so you can remake it as a different race. Pick the "wrong" race because you want to play what you like and you're FUBAR because the encounters and skills will have to take into account racial bonus stats otherwise it will be too easy/too OP.

Such a design is the antithesis of "play what you want" which is why it was never even considered for GW2. The devs have stated that the racial abilities are there for flavour only, and whenever a racial has somehow been competitive, it gets adjusted so there's an equal playing field.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I don't think the op meant that the race passives would be directly connected to the class they pick, but rather something to do with the race in itself.

That's exactly what the OP means. A lot of games do it, and it's stupid as it limits the race-class combinations. For example, in DnD, you're more likely to play a wood elf ranger than you a half-orc ranger, but on the same token, you're more likely to play a half-orc barbarian than a wood elf barbarian. GW2 doesn't need this, and Anet has said that they don't want it.

@"@Dante.1763" said:Norn would barely be taken because toughness is bad for nearly everything.

Bunker builds rely on toughness. They are quite fun. I highly recommend playing one.

I may be wrong.

Yes this is what I meant. It would only make the game more interesting than anything else

If you make a suggestion, Arenanet will make a big deal about making it GW2-unique. That's nice, but imho it's wasted effort. Remember Edge of the Mist and the new Wvw Desert Map? Both of those were over-elaborate, over-engineered messes. It's my opinion that Arenanet should focus on EMBRACING SIMPLICITY.I can't understand what the problem with a basic version of a flag-carrying gamemode is.

@Svarty.8019 said:If you make a suggestion, Arenanet will make a big deal about making it GW2-unique. That's nice, but imho it's wasted effort. Remember Edge of the Mist and the new Wvw Desert Map? Both of those were over-elaborate, over-engineered messes. It's my opinion that Arenanet should focus on EMBRACING SIMPLICITY.I can't understand what the problem with a basic version of a flag-carrying gamemode is.

Right? You think it would make sense with how they wan to make the game as casual friendly as possible too. CTF is a much more simple and straight forward PvP mode than say Conquest.