WvW Renegade Boon/Healer

Bassdeff.1895

Good day fellow Revenants, I would like to get some of opinions on the build I'm working on for WvW. The idea was to create a Renegade front line support build/healer using the most amount of equipment from my raid set as possible cause I am cheap and don't want to deal with multiple sets of gear. It's still a work in progress but this is what I came up with. So far has been working pretty well for me, tons of protection, vigor, a respectable amount of healing, and lots of Alacrity, Fury, and a decent amount of retaliation and stability. I`m really liking the gameplay but I sure there is something that could be improved.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAIZldQLMHaj1QasHKj9RjsAygn8U17H-zVRYnRFoG+yo3UI9Kw3DRY2D6Hs0+qF-w

All I have to say is that the typical frontline rev has 2600 armor and retribution traitline for 10% more damage reduction so I'd try to at least match or exceed that especially considering at a basic level, herald has 2557 power with Berserker's with far higher crit chance so you will be hit quite hard without toughness.The main issue with renegade is once you dodge you lose quite a bit of crit chance and the only major boon renegade puts out worth noting is alacrity (which can be achieved by converting chills while running scrappers).

For reference, a typically minstrel firebrand can heal around 2K on dodge or when aegis pops. Therefore if you're not running ventari I'd suggest focusing more effort on damage, since most of Kalla is useless except Soulcleave summit which requires significant energy upkeep.

Thanks for the input. The idea was to trade off some of armor for perma protection which is also shared with the group. I see your point about the Healing though but it wasn't the primary focus of the build, the main focus was sharing sharing the near perma Alacrity and protection along with some decent stability. The healing is just a by-product of the gear I currently have. I'll play around with trinkets and see if I can come up with.

Ventari is a very good at healing but managing the stupid tablet effectively in open field fights is damn near impossible. The tablet is just too slow to keep up with the group. Unless were are fighting in a choke point like pangloss tunnel or a keep wall ventari is very lack luster. Which is why I opted not to use it most of the time, although the thing I love above Rev is that I quickly swap out stances when out of combat.

I forgot to mention the Kalla summons die to AoE, including Soulcleave.

Have you tried out the renegade build on metabattle by the way? They're using diviner's to get boon duration and run dwarf+ mallyx as far as I am aware alacrity renegade in PvE runs similar gear. I'd presume the point is for longer alacrity and resistance.

I don't like it because the Mallyx legend basically doesn't offer much for a power build in terms of damage , even if you obtain a pull, resistance, and boon strip. For front-lining , glint gives you infused light for healing through any push that is littered with AoE which is why herald is favored.

Kalla utilities are only good on places with low action and havocks/small scale.

For healer I’m using heral ventari, since herald can pulse regen to 10 allies as passive wich ends that alone in1.2k regen per sec with 0 boon duration.Ventari F2 will heal 10 players arround 2.5k every 3sec as passive as well.

Somehow i always felt plaguedoctor and marshal were the best stats for kalla/deamon, wich can be played as a boon resistance ally and pull conditions.

Deamon resistance and it’s ability to pull conditions is really strong in group gameplay and it’s ability to spam torments is good toncover other conditions.

You guys have really given me a lot to think about. Looks I will have to rethink my role in the group if I am looking into making a viable WvW build using my existing armor and runes.

Some things I have noticed is the healing orb on dodge is complete junk. It seems to spawn in random locations so I can't control its placement and because the radius is so small the healing and vigor it provides are very unreliable. So that is going to get dumped for sure.

I will probably have to forgo Renegade and pick Herald which makes me sad cause I really enjoy the active gameplay it provides but after some testing Glint offers a more consistant boon apllication to the group than Kalla. I'll have to play around with my trinkets to add more toughness if I want to go frontline without the perma-protection I got from Kalla.

I will probably end up running glint/jalis and glint/ventari depending on the type of engagment and how much stab is being supplied by the group. That's the thing when you are pugging, you have to constantly adapt to what is in the squad.

@Aeolus.3615 said:@Bassdeff.1895 imo would try alacrity renegade and deamon, u can give nice resistance to your allies and pull conditions from them.

Rev is a great and fun class, every legend provides several valid ways to play :) contrary to most classes.

I'm just not sure that would mesh well my current gear which is the challenge i put forth to myself, create a viable build using my raiding armor but I know what you mean. Contrary to what a lot of people believe there is a lot of potential build variety with the Revenant. I don't mind changing the trinkets (they are quite easy to get) and weapons cause I already have some spare ascended that I can stick in t forge to change the stats on but I don't want to waste resources crafting another set of ascended armor cause I'm working on a legendary and still currently use this one for raiding. I also find it difficult to drop Jalis cause vengeful hammers is so nice for tagging down players for sweet sweet loot.

The other part of the challenge is to avoid using Herald cause quite frankly, I find Herald lame to play and there is a shortage of Renegade builds in WvW. I'll try mixing in some Diviner and bring my crit chance to 20+% and give myself more access to fury, that will increase my DPS quite a bit and grant me a little extra vigor. I' I'll trade in Salvation, I'll put more focus on damage and less on healing. I'll either pick Devastation for assassins presence for group DPS boost, and maybe brutality (looks useful for WvW) or pick up Retribution and trait for more retaliation, not sure yet. I'll have to play around. I should still have enough healing power for some respectable group heals from staff and bastion and have a half decent Ventari if the need ever arose..

Kalla Will be useless most of the Time in wvw, ur only Group heal is ticking Kalla heal spirit which Will die easilly/ u move out of it. Im not even mentioning SS for the same reason.Swap Kalla for ventari if u want to do any healing. So now u wont make any prot and u dont want to use ur f4, as alac is not that usefull in pvp as in pve and chill is rly bad for ur team. I would just swap renegade at this point, as u dont put to much boons now.Make leg armor, its usefull on rev. Squishy healer in wvw is kinda useless imo, but mby im just bad

@"Safandula.8723" said:Kalla Will be useless most of the Time in wvw, ur only Group heal is ticking Kalla heal spirit which Will die easilly/ u move out of it. Im not even mentioning SS for the same reason.Swap Kalla for ventari if u want to do any healing. So now u wont make any prot and u dont want to use ur f4, as alac is not that usefull in pvp as in pve and chill is rly bad for ur team. I would just swap renegade at this point, as u dont put to much boons now.Make leg armor, its usefull on rev. Squishy healer in wvw is kinda useless imo, but mby im just bad

Yeah, I've kind of given up on Renegade for anything other than roaming or havoc. I now use Herald for running with my fellow zerglings. I also dumped the hammer, I thought having a range option would be good but I have been a lot more effective with a staff/sword and board. Hammer is just too effin slow for me.

I've kind of settled on this until I get legendary armor.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAw6ZldQKMHyi1QXsHCj9RisAqgl1UVzE-zVZYqRHDOoDjgwLjeTh0rAfnmMsaB-w

Thanks for the input everyone. I got a viable versatile build using most of my existing armor gear. Still a little sad I couldn't really make Renegade work for the large scale fights even though it rocks in in Havoc squads.