Computer crash/blue screen since 2018 (windows 10-AMD GPU)

I was a running a daily fractals run and boom computer got crashed with a seconds of Blue screen and then rebooted itself without me doing anything. This is my VERY FIRST bsod/crash with GW2 since I upgraded to windows 10.

i7 4790K CPUAMD R7 370 GPU (crimson ReLive 17.7 drivers, I'm NOT going to upgrade the driver since new ones brings only pain)700W PSU16GB physical memory (ram)Windows 10 64bit professional 1709 version fall creators updatequick restart is disabled in windows power settings and "allow hybird sleep" is turned offI have a custom power settings I'm using while playing GW2, CPU power percent reduced to prevent CPU overheating(min45%-max55%)GPU is temperature is finelimited to 30fps from in game settings(texture is also at medium,post processing/shadows is off/low)Norton Internet Security firewall already allowed Gw2-64.exeAMD Graphics profile: "optimize performance"

I really don't know what to do, anyone having same problem? I cannot even look the bsod error code because computer restarts so quickly. My hard disk is in good status just like my SSD. Everything seems ok and I have absolutely no idea whats the problem.

If you PC ran stable with no blue screens at all for months (which should be the case for good PCs), and now you get one or more blue screens, some part of your hardware may have become faulty. Don't start to upgrade drivers or reinstall software: your software and your drivers are ok, otherwise your PC would have had blue screens in the past.Clean dust from the PC - from the fans outside and inside, and make sure the mainboard chipset isn't covered with dust.A thing that sometimes breaks after a few years is the power suppy. If a replacement is available, try the replacement.You can also do a memory test, perhaps some RAM got defective. Windows 10 brings a memory diagnosis tool.

@Silmar Alech.4305 said:If you PC ran stable with no blue screens at all for months (which should be the case for good PCs), and now you get one or more blue screens, some part of your hardware may have become faulty. Don't start to upgrade drivers or reinstall software: your software and your drivers are ok, otherwise your PC would have had blue screens in the past.Clean dust from the PC - from the fans outside and inside, and make sure the mainboard chipset isn't covered with dust.A thing that sometimes breaks after a few years is the power suppy. If a replacement is available, try the replacement.You can also do a memory test, perhaps some RAM got defective. Windows 10 brings a memory diagnosis tool.

I have a good air blower machine I will clean the dust in my case instead, (there really not much there but I will try) also my PC is new, I purchased all of this hardware from last year, its been like only 4-5 months or so. I'm not sure if I can do the RAM test because I do not want to mess up something in progress, plus like I said its new hardware from a known brands, its not a 49 bucks cheap memory.

thanks

I thought your PC is older, because it contains a i7 4790K, which started 2014 and is the 4th generation Core-I. Current is the 8th generation with a i7-8xxx numbering. The R7 370 started selling mid 2015. And you told about upgrading to Windows 10, which all fits an original purchase date with originally Windows 8.1 spring or summer 2015 (Windows 10 was released 29.7.2015). If you bought that half a year ago as new, you bought somewhat obsolete hardware. A 4790k counts as high-end, but a recently bought Intel-based high-end PC probably consists of a Intel i7-7700k (early 2017) or i7-8700K (late 2017) and a Nvidia GTX 1070 or higher if you bought it last year.

Your CPU throttling to prevent CPU overheating is also a bit strange. With a properly designed cooling system, your CPU and GPU can run at 100% both at the same time for days and no overheating. The newer the hardware generation, the less power consumption, which means less temperatures or less demand from the cooling system.

Then I have to extend my post: Did your PC ever run stable in the 5 months since purchase? Regardless the operating system. Current Windows 10 PCs with properly designed hardware combination don't have any blue screens, and I mean that literally: no blue screens.

In case of the memory test: just run it. It would do no harm. Your PC will reboot into memory test, perform the test, and reboot into Windows so nothing could interfere.

@"Silmar Alech.4305" said:I thought your PC is older, because it contains a i7 4790K, which started 2014 and is the 4th generation Core-I. Current is the 8th generation with a i7-8xxx numbering. The R7 370 started selling mid 2015. And you told about upgrading to Windows 10, which all fits an original purchase date with originally Windows 8.1 spring or summer 2015 (Windows 10 was released 29.7.2015). If you bought that half a year ago as new, you bought somewhat obsolete hardware. A 4790k counts as high-end, but a recently bought Intel-based high-end PC probably consists of a Intel i7-7700k (early 2017) or i7-8700K (late 2017) and a Nvidia GTX 1070 or higher if you bought it last year.

Your CPU throttling to prevent CPU overheating is also a bit strange. With a properly designed cooling system, your CPU and GPU can run at 100% both at the same time for days and no overheating. The newer the hardware generation, the less power consumption, which means less temperatures or less demand from the cooling system.

Then I have to extend my post: Did your PC ever run stable in the 5 months since purchase? Regardless the operating system. Current Windows 10 PCs with properly designed hardware combination don't have any blue screens, and I mean that literally: no blue screens.

In case of the memory test: just run it. It would do no harm. Your PC will reboot into memory test, perform the test, and reboot into Windows so nothing could interfere.

i7 4790k CPU is a powerful processor but its known for instant temperature jumps, like from 33c to 43c etc, when basically doing anything on computer, stock fan is good enough to me and with reducing CPU power from windows power settings fixes everything. Including 1080p 30fps video editing and rendering.

To be honestly I found it funny and unnecessary spend 700+ dollars for a computer piece so I stick "older" stuff because they are always work. no exception. Newer NVIDIA GPUs generating problems alot on most systems recently and their "game ready" drivers are unstable as hell. I remember getting "nvidia kernel driver stopped working" blue screen all the time on my previous computer. Now I switched to AMD runs fairly good but they also started to give issues in their recent drivers like Directx9 issue recently. I honestly think they doing this on purpose to force people buy new GPUs. Microsoft doing lots of bad things on Windows 10 since its announced (like forced telemetry and limited choices on programs on purpose like photos app) so why not GPU companies? they can also do the same.

Anyway, my point is and to answer your reply, all those "4th generation" things are unnecesarry small details, also not everyone can know or track those details in every time. 4 cores CPU and a 4GB video memory will be enough hardware for even more long time. All those shiny 12GB and above cards are for completely marketing purposes and to trick people.

Also, thanks for that memory test info, I just finished cleaning up the dust and I decided to run that test as well. Since its a built in Windows feature it should be ok like you said.

thanks

• 1 year later...

i had the same problem on my msi gt73vr 6re titan...after a very long search...i found out it was my trackpad...which makes no sense at all i know. i went to msconfig, services, turned off SynTPEnhService and the problem was gone. GW 2 hasnt crashed since.